Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Boards.ie - Round 5

Options
  • 04-04-2005 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Boards Survivor is back!

Ro: maaan! has been evicted from the Survivor island, hard luck maaan. And as a strange turn of events our Survivormeister OFDM has also been evicted, from boards no less. See the Prison forum for more details. Therefore, I have been passed the buck... I mean torch, and I am continuing the proceedings hereonin etc.

The standings are: Nobody has immunity in this round, all contestants are available for being eliminated in the poll above. Please note that this poll is now a public poll which means that everyone can see exactly who votes for who. I thought this might add a bit of spice to the event, and also check up on any possible vote riggers (/me looks at a certain survivor contestant :)).

I have PMd the latest task for contestant immunity. The first person to post up a picture (or url) of a specific person will gain immunity from eviction for round 6. The clues to the person lie in a cryptic message. (well it's not that cryptic, it could be very easy, I have no idea).

Good luck everybody, you have 48 hours.

Previous rounds here:
    Round 4
    Round 3
    Round 2
    Round 1
    Round 0

Who do you want *ELIMINATED* from the next round? 211 votes

funky penguin
    0%
    powerhousedan
    4%
    BoroChinafootgarthvtuxyStench BlossomsDavey DevilCiaran500Hugh HefnerCraniajezza 10 votes
    Tovalee
    55%
    SickBoyXterminatorKarl HungusCloverTippexyoporangeroostersuperflyvikingDAEDULUSFlankerbdmeehanredzer007mfieldBigConondaflyKevokgovindaA.S.H.vorbis 117 votes
    Mr.Nice Guy
    3%
    GuanYinCaesar_BojangleAmzPH01peterk19L5cmcquaid 7 votes
    mayordenis
    36%
    CanaboidLumpD-GeneraterymussickleseamusMakavelibilly the squidcarbsyparsi[Deleted User]radiospanbanquoEbonykskrinpitKaiaaftomksionnachoakers 77 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Tovalee
    i must say that challenge is quite hard . . . grr . . .

cheers for taking over gordan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

Yea, Thanks Gordon. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

*hopes she doesnt get shot*

Eh, I havent been following this at all... wtf is goin' on?

it wouldnt be the lovely lady on the left would it? here

heres a bigger and later picture. and gordon, you are a sneaky devil. that was tough :D

lady olave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Holy Sh1t your fast.

On a side note Gordon, is tba now the latest contsetant...........?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Bravo tovalee! Olave Soames is the mystery woman. Glad to see it was a bit tricky.

tovalee, for the second time, you have immunity in the next round, Round 6! I was expecting one of these pictures http://www.abarroso.pages.iron.com.br/historia/olave_01.jpg so I didn't recognise her at first.

For anyone wanting to know the challenge:
    His first cryptic name is EaMy
    His second is a musical Plant
    One would bathe his third in German
    His last namesake would be the state of an old secretary.

The man in question was Sir Robert Baden Powell.

Well done!

funky penguin, I posted a small challenge on the last thread for anyone wishing to join and nobody took me up on it (except WWM!) so I didn't add to the contestants.

I just noticed now that tba has posted on the previous thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2570821&postcount=67

I'll add him in to the next running.

Interesting voting going on btw, looks like a bit of ganging up happening :D

Tovalee
    i dont understand . . . .
    so dont vote for me . . . .

Yah, well done tovalee. :)

• Advertisement

In case the answers weren't obvious for Sir Robert Baden Powell:
    His first cryptic name is EaMy (Use the previous cryptic round to decipher this)
    His second is a musical Plant (Robert Plant is the lead singer in Led Zeppelin...)
    One would bathe his third in German (Bathe translated via German online translators gives Baden)
    His last namesake would be the state of an old secretary. (ex Secretary of State of USA namesake: Colin Powell)

So simple, so ingenious, so filthy gorgeous. I like it.

Seriously, I'm kicking myself on those answers, which I suppose is the sign of a good cryptic. :)

OK I've got an idea for the next round and you're going to hate me for it (I hope).

I'm posting now to give you all fair warning. I will be also PM'ing you tomorrow to warn you again, and I'll post up the challenge tomorrow as well. But the next challenge does not actually start until a minute after this poll closes. 06-04-2005 at 19:06

It is very important that you all know the rules of the next challenge before this poll closes as I you may be kicked off Survivor for it.

When this poll closes you must not post on boards.ie unless you know the rules of the next challenge

A clue for you curious people:
    It will be an endurance round that solely involves posting on boards. (It will not involve spamming or acts that will get you banned*). But I can guarantee it will be extremely annoying for you. And it won't be a private task like before, the general boardsies will be able to help out if they wish.

*well I hope not...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

mayordenis
    sounds like fun gordon. Looking forward to it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

mayordenis
    Gordon wrote:
    In case the answers weren't obvious for Sir Robert Baden Powell:
    His first cryptic name is EaMy (Use the previous cryptic round to decipher this)
    His second is a musical Plant (Robert Plant is the lead singer in Led Zeppelin...)
    One would bathe his third in German (Bathe translated via German online translators gives Baden)
    His last namesake would be the state of an old secretary. (ex Secretary of State of USA namesake: Colin Powell)

What does that have to do with the woman though?

Duh, sorry, I didn't post that part up on this thread, I only pm'd it to the contestants.

They had to post a picture or url of the wife of the cryptic clue guy - Sir Robert Baden Powell.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Tovalee
    Why am I yet again in the lead to be voted off? I have given the people of Boards a video of a monkey beating up two lions, an African American lady beating up her boyfriend and much recently this Langerland cartoon:

http://www.langerland.com/cartoons/brits.html

What have the other contestants given you? Nothing useful.Here's a few home truths about my fellow contestants:

funky penguin - funky penguin is a closet feminazi who believes all men are pigs. She advocates that all men who like sex before marriage be castrated!

powerhousedan - powerhousedan slagged your ma.

Tovalee - Tovalee tried to get St.Patrick's Day banned so that it would be replaced by a day honouring Crazy Frog. That ain't patriotism. That ain't right.

Mayordenis - Mayordenis is responsible for getting Quantam Leap cancelled.

Mr. Nice Guy belongs in this competition. The others are an absolute disgrace. Keep in Mr.Nice Guy by voting out the others!

Let the Nice Guy finish first for once. ;)

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

mayordenis
    ermmm who will get my vote. think it might have to by Mr Nice guy considering you voted for me and all :D

funky penguin - funky penguin is a closet feminazi who believes all men are pigs.

Oink.

Mr. Nice Guy belongs in this competition. The others are an absolute disgrace. Keep in Mr.Nice Guy by voting out the others!

You forgot to dish the dirt on tba, who will be joining us next round.

• Advertisement

Tovalee
    Why am I yet again in the lead to be voted off? I have given the people of Boards a video of a monkey beating up two lions, an African American lady beating up her boyfriend and much recently this Langerland cartoon:

http://www.langerland.com/cartoons/brits.html

What have the other contestants given you? Nothing useful.Here's a few home truths about my fellow contestants:

funky penguin - funky penguin is a closet feminazi who believes all men are pigs. She advocates that all men who like sex before marriage be castrated!

powerhousedan - powerhousedan slagged your ma.

Tovalee - Tovalee tried to get St.Patrick's Day banned so that it would be replaced by a day honouring Crazy Frog. That ain't patriotism. That ain't right.

Mayordenis - Mayordenis is responsible for getting Quantam Leap cancelled.

Let the Nice Guy finish first for once. ;)

I summed things up nicely.I just need the people to believe in the nice guy. Without me this contest would be dull...more so. ;)

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Mr.Nice Guy
    Nice Guy, I know you can do it*

*if you can't do it no one can

Tovalee
    Nice Guy, I know you can do it*

*if you can't do it no one can

Cheers for the support, Caesar.I'm doing it for the fans. :)

Remember kids - Say your prayers, eat your vitamins and don't despair if a girl you like says she thinks of you as a friend.That's her playing hard to get. ;)

Tovalee
    All right nice guy . .
    enough
    As a mayor i think its safe to say public polls are somewhat of a speciality of mine.

I dont claim to be able to lower taxs but anyone who does vote for me will definately end up on the wrong end of a spamming.
    I havent seen the pictures of those im against but i can only assume that i am the most attractive in the bunch.

Cant really see why anybody would let any of these chumps win out over me an absolute disgrace.

Thanks you boardsies,
    Denis.

But im doing it for the LOVE OF THE GAME. You cant vote me out. Im out here,sweating these challenges, forsaking all social life ,not for money or glory but because i love the thrill of competition,the chance to work the grey matter. So keep me in.. please. ..your turn funky..... :D

Hmmm, its interesting to see the public vote has caused a low turn out, and hence tightened the gap.

I entered for the chance to be given abuse by those who wish they were playing.

And, next round will be personal now my bruv is taking part.

Tovalee
    you see tovalee you need the immunity thats why i let you have it. . .
    my position is safe and i pretty much have this competition wrapped up.

Something tells me that your tactics aren't working Mr. Nice Guy!

Tovalee
    Gordon wrote:
    Something tells me that your tactics aren't working Mr. Nice Guy!

Well, it looks like I'm gone unless loads of Boards members decide to vote for powerhousedan. I can't believe people would rather see me eliminated when I am the funniest guy in the contest and frequently post entertaining and humourous threads. Consider this my final plea to turn my situation around. I give you the five reasons why you should vote out powerhousedan instead of me:

1. If you vote out powerhousedan it would be the biggest most shocking turnaround in the Survivor contest so far!

2.powerhousedan thinks you're too scared to vote him out.

3. powerhousedan hates The Simpsons and says if you ever laughed at something Homer Simpson did, then you are a loser.

4. powerhousedan supports the reintroduction of the monarchy into Ireland.

5. powerhousedan insults your ma, wants to beat up your da, sleep with your sister and slap YOU across the face with a giant piece of salmon. Are you gonna stand for that?

Vote his whisker biscuit monkey a*s outta here!

• Advertisement

Tovalee
    I need 9 more votes for powerhousedan if I am to survive. If powerhousedan goes, I will post on Boards the funniest clip you have EVER seen. ;)

This clip will leave you in stitches. But you must keep me in first. :D

Advertisement