Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Boards.ie - Round 7

Options
  • 13-04-2005 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

(Do not vote in the poll until you have read this)

Boards.ie Survivor is back again! Some of you must be pretty sick of seeing a Survivor thread popping up on Afterhours all the time, if this is the case my advice is: go away. My apologies go out to all that took part in the most recent challenge - #6 the Endurance round, it was a little bad of me to do that. But hey, you wanted to take part in Survivor and you must have seen what they have to do on the telly version of survivor right?! I for one am glad that it is over though, trying to read funky penguins posts were eye-boggling.

Kudos to Mr. Nice Guy, after a hard slog against powerhousedan to stay in the previous elimination poll he survived and went on to win this latest endurance challenge. Mr. Nice Guy did however make an astounding show of not reading the rules properly on many occasions, and even missed out on two obvious 'sacred words' that were posted. However, this time the nice guy [insert cliche here]. Hard luck to funky penguin who has just yesterday been voted off by MNG. Well done for getting this far in the contest though, you would have made it if MNG actually was nice and voted himself off instead of you :p

The next round should be a bit easier than the last. I have PMd the latest challenge to our 4 remaining contestants: Mr. Nice Guy, tba, tovalee and mayordenis.

In this round nobody as of yet has immunity. However the person that completes the challenge I have set via PM first will then gain immunity from being voted off Survivor round 7. Therefore the poll I have created on this thread is valid for this challenge and vice versa. If a contestant is voted off via the poll above, but the same contestant wins the challenge and gains immunity - they will not be voted off. If this occurs then the second most voted for contestant will be voted off. This means that either voters should think twice before voting, or they should hold off until a challenger wins the... challenge.

However, if no contestant wins the challenge by the time the poll closes then nobody will gain immunity to this round. Either way we will see only 3 contestants enter the next round.

A word on the poll. Do not break any boards rules by gaining votes for this poll. If I decide that you have been spamming or signing up accounts purely to increase votes I will not grant you immunity and depending on the severity I may kick you off Survivor.

The type of challenge I have set to the contestants is a bit of a cryptic search, I can't really elaborate more however. The first person to post on this thread - a certain piece of information - will gain immunity.

The prize for the final winner of Survivor will now be 15 euros worth of some voucher from some website and a 1 Euro voucher from CD-Wow.

Incidentally, I am always willing for input on how Survivor is run, if you have any comments PM me or post on this thread. This applies to non Survivor challengers mainly as I am unlikely to take on board that which a Survivor contestant wishes. My rough rule is that if a contestant is happy then I'm doing something wrong!

Contestants: Good luck and God's peed.

Round 4
    Round 3
    Round 2
    Round 1
    Round 0

Who do you want *ELIMINATED* from this round? 59 votes

tovalee
    0%
    Mr. Nice Guy
    10%
    GordonDavey DevilL5cmcquaidmayordenisInfini 6 votes
    mayordenis
    74%
    PoopmanJohnny_the_foxMackerbilly the squidonewebBeruthielMaj. TightAsscelticfcCapt'n MidnightdisgruntledDoc EvilRaphaelWizZardRE*AC*TORtbaqBotSuaimhneachfunky penguinhurleytomShabadu 44 votes
    tba
    15%
    Dr. LoonLuciferDingatronGoodshapeChinafootThe MuppetNuttzzAdamTobias Greeshman 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll make the first attempt:

Is it: 550 and 558?

*crosses fingers*

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Mr. Nice Guy
    ?!

No

No? I thought I had it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

mayordenis
    +33.093797

If it's an answer like tba's I've been on completely the wrong track. I'll guess again that the numbers are 2005 and 10.

• Advertisement

Mr. Nice Guy
    Interesting replies.

neither are correct.

Is the answer 19 99?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

is th eanswer 01 01 ?

If the answer is not 19 99, (or 01 01) is it 1999 and 2?

The answer is 12 and 9 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Mr. Nice Guy
    look of course i know the answer but i dont need the imunity to be honest i'll allow one of you wannabees get this one.

I'm certain those are the right numbers. Unless a certain someone lied about some certain numbers in a certain thread from a certain number of years a go.... :D

Mr. Nice Guy
    tovalee is correct! tovalee you are now immune from this poll and are guaranteed to be put in to the running for the next round.

Well done tovalee, I'm glad you didn't get it the first time though, I wasn't sure how tricky that was. For those that wish to know the challenge it is this:

h! gamey poem togo

Clue: Always check your sources.

As for the reasoning behind the correct answer, sure we'll let you stew for a while. Unless tovalee wants to explain it.

Please tell me why that is correct. Surely Yahoo! was a factor in this right?

Mr. Nice Guy
    tba how did you get those figures?

MNG I think you shuffled the letters the wrong way. There is a clue at the end of it. (and I don't mean the "Clue")

h! gamey poem togo(go to my homepage)

Clue: Always check your sources.

if you go to Gordons homepage,
    http://members.boards.ie/gordon/
    the url of which can be found on his profile page and view the source code, youll find this message.

<!-- HEEEEELLLLLOOOO BOARDS SURVIVOR CHALLENGERS!!! THIS IS YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE -->
    <!-- Post up on the appropriate Survivor thread the month and the date of my birthday. -->
    <head>

so a quick search of gordons posts found this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63856&highlight=birthday

Gordon, the onus is on you to reveal the answer otherwise it could be claimed you are taking tovalee's word for it.

OK, I see I was bested. I thought Yahoo! was to be searched as it is a source of information. I read it as :

Go GET ME YAHOO! MP

And I saw there was a Yahoo Mail Plus which costed 19.99 and had 2 dollars off. Doh!

mayordenis
    Gordon wrote:
    tba how did you get those figures?

I'll let you figure that one out

Mr. Nice Guy
    Gordon, the onus is on you to reveal the answer otherwise it could be claimed you are taking tovalee's word for it.

OK, I see I was bested. I thought Yahoo! was to be searched as it is a source of information. I read it as :

Go GET ME YAHOO! MP

And I saw there was a Yahoo Mail Plus which costed 19.99 and had 2 dollars off. Doh!
    Aha! very good, if I was giving out extra points I'd probably give you a half.

tba - feisty, I like it!

Gordon wrote:
    Well done tovalee, I'm glad you didn't get it the first time though, I wasn't sure how tricky that was. For those that wish to know the challenge it is this:
    the reason i put 01 01 the first time is because the date on your profile page for the last edit of your journal was 01 01 1970. That looked like a birthday to me. :)

• Advertisement

Mr. Nice Guy
    I see, nice try.

I'm not that old btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Okay, Tovalee won this round, so what is to make us vote for anyone? Do the contestants have to make some sort of "dont evict me" speech? I dont want to vote for someone for just the sake of it.

sorry you wasted your vote Mayor! :p

mayordenis
    gimmick wrote:
    Okay, Tovalee won this round, so what is to make us vote for anyone? Do the contestants have to make some sort of "dont evict me" speech? I dont want to vote for someone for just the sake of it.
    you should look at the previous rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

mayordenis
    bye bye "Mr Nice Guy"

A glance at the previous rounds will show that I deserve to stay in this contest. I am the true survivor! tba hasn't even been here since the start. He needs to go.

powerhousedan, why did you vote for me? Is it because I knocked you out a few rounds ago? I didn't think you would be so petty. It's a shame.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Mr. Nice Guy
    tovalee wrote:
    sorry you wasted your vote Mayor! :p

tovalee you think id vote for you if i didnt know you were going to win???

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

mayordenis
    A glance at the previous rounds will show that I deserve to stay in this contest.

And an indept look will proove otherwise. ;)

*Cough* Spamming PM's *Cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

mayordenis
    You won through spamming. I am going to help out the rest of the contestants:tba, tovalee and mayordenis someone has to go why not you.

• Advertisement

You won through spamming. I am going to help out the rest of the contestants:tba, tovalee and mayordenis someone has to go why not you.

You can't criticise me since you used the very same tactics! It wasn't 'spamming' it was campaigning. I bested you and you should do the right thing and support me to win!

funky penguin, you are gone thanks to me. I would've thought you would acknowledge more than anyone that I'm the best contestant.

Sour grapes all round is it?

Advertisement