Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Bets to Broke Festival Fever

Options
  • 15-02-2017 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

This is the 10th of these treads I've started and 8 out of the other 9 were profitable so hopefully that continues .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

aidankkk wrote: »
    This is the 10th of these treads I've started and 8 out of the other 9 were profitable so hopefully that continues .

Best of luck with it Aidan...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

Watching....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

The Wicklow Brave episode from non-starter to (33/1?) festival winner within a week was something else. Scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Good stuff Aidan will be glad to have your write ups back, always used to often give them a read before Saturday racing. Wouldnt be one for following someone elses picks but you even convinced me to back a few winners!

Did you finish up with the paid service or is it still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Good stuff Aiden will be glad to have your write ups back, always used to often give them a read before Saturday racing. Wouldnt be one for following someone elses picks but you even convinced me to back a few winners!

Did you finish up with the paid service or is it still going?

I finished it. I just didn't have the time to be managing it. It was profitable so no harm done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Best of luck Aidan, always a great thread to read / follow

Haydock 3:15

Aqalim is the outsider of the field here but having another look at his last run in a race that was probably just too quick for him , he ran on well at the end when tailed off earlier. This ground and trip could well be what he needs and with a nice low weight and a few bookies giving 4 places in this 13 runner race I think the 50/1 is value. He was a very decent staying hurdler in soft ground and if he can improve at all here for the step up in trip i think he will give us a decent run for our money here.

1 Point EW 50/1 4 Places sky/ 40/1 4 places hills.
    50/1 3 places 365/betway/32/888

Gowran Park 1:55

I get the feeling that this race could fall into the grasp of the outsider here in Mozoltov . Up until this years good form he wouldn't be that far behind Ballycasey and that horse can easily put in a poor run as he often does. He will certainly be favored by the ground and trip here. He was too free in the Hilly Way last time after a long break and if that has put him right he probably wont get a better chance to win a decent race this year.16/1 with paddy seems a good few point too big.

1 Point win 16/1 Paddy/vc/betway/

3:15 Haydock

Vicente has been my pick for this race all week and I have to say I’m gutted he has been backed in this morning from 14/1 – 11/1. To me he is a fairly solid 2nd fav here of this mark , particularly after the national weights are out. I was waiting to see if the ground would change at Haydock as I wouldn’t fancy him on real soft ground but it hasn’t so far and now we have lost 3 points. That makes this a min bet rather than a larger win bet her as the margin is smaller. He is a proven stayer and his form last year was Steller to say the least. He has actually been decent enough in good races this year without really participating. 11/1 is still a bit of value and I have to have a small bet to save the tv from getting a remote thrown at it if he wins and I haven’t something on.

1 Point win 11/1 365/sporting/paddy/betfair 12/1 stan

Wincanton 2:45

A fair few of these need to not perform to give us a chance here but the price on Melodic Rendezvous w/o Yanworth makes it worthwhile. He has a good record around here and once we can ignore his last run over a longer trip he could well improve again today. I don’t think the ground will suit Sceau Royale so we basically need Irving to have a poor day to get a shot at a big pay-out. Irving has done that plenty of times and up to 33/1 w/o fav here is value.

1 Point w/o FAV 33/1 coral 28/1 sky 22/1 lads

3:20 Wincanton

Spice fair has been running well of late and if the fav isn’t thrown in here he could well be second best of the rest making his current price of 12/1 decent value. He likes soft ground, will stay and if his 7lbs claimer can ride he is running of a nice racing weight here. This race isn’t as strong as the ones he has been running well in lately.

1 Point win 12/1 hill/vc/pp/betfair and others

Ascot 2:25

I think this race is just about perfect for Virak. He is of a very nice mark looked to have been getting back to form last time out and although there are a few better than him here I think today may be his day. O’Faolains boy would walk in here of this mark if he was ready but he will be ready in April for the national , the same could be said of last year’s winner Sausalito Sunrise, who will surely be warming up for the big say as well. 15/2 seems value

1 Point win 15/2 365/paddy/betfair/hills

Ascot 3:35

With the ground improving all the time I’m now getting interested here in Irish Cavalier. I fancy him to run a big race in whatever he goes for at the festival and if he is to do that he needs to run well here. It all depends on Cue Card but I think he needs a trip these days and could get caught out for pace. There is essentially nothing between my selection and Taquin du Seuil really and the price difference is too much to ignore.

1 Point win 20/1 generally 22/1 Stan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Hey Aiden - are you finished with this already?

I agreed with a lot of your initial picks, just a very bad first day out. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

muletide wrote: »
    Hey Aiden - are you finished with this already?

I agreed with a lot of your initial picks, just a very bad first day out. Thanks
    Seriously?

This is exactly why people here don't want to do nice things for other people. I put up a thread awhile back called "Following John Best". I was absolutely slaughtered for it because the trainer didn't immediately deliver results. Shortly after though, the trainer went from a 2% strike rate in 2014 to a 17% strike rate in 2015.

The only way you get thanks here is by promising guaranteed money (impossible).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Seriously?

This is exactly why people here don't want to do nice things for other people. I put up a thread awhile back called "Following John Best". I was absolutely slaughtered for it because the trainer didn't immediately deliver results. Shortly after though, the trainer went from a 2% strike rate in 2014 to a 17% strike rate in 2015.

The only way you get thanks here is by promising guaranteed money (impossible).

He didn't slate him francie, in fact the opposite. He said he liked his picks and they were unlucky, whens his next one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Dunno why you're jumping down his throat Francie there was nothing negative in that post

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Dunno why you're jumping down his throat Francie there was nothing negative in that post

I agree with Francie, although he directed his frustrations at the wrong post/poster. There is some clowns on this forum who you try to pass good info onto and then ye get called a spoofer or when you try put up a few selections and when there beaten your sneered at :pac:

Any punter that thinks they can consistently make a profit at this game is away with the fairies, most of us have a gamble for the love of the sport and hope to get a nice winner here or there but theres some mongolides on here that think they know it all.

My subscription service ends on the 28/2 ill be posting selections then.

I only ever look at horses on Saturdays, and big meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Aidan - Must look up that subscription service - thanks for the reply.

mod edit: <snip>

muletide wrote: »
    Aidan - Must look up that subscription service - thanks for the reply.
    mod edit: <snip>.

No need to look it up the last selections were posted today. From here on itll be back to free..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

No need to look it up the last selections were posted today. From here on itll be back to free..

How'd the venture work out? Obviously not amazing given your stopping just curious as to what happened. Always like to see someone stick their neck out to do something they enjoy as a business. Unfortunately I only have a passing interest in horses so wasn't for me.

Deco99 wrote: »
    How'd the venture work out? Obviously not amazing given your stopping just curious as to what happened. Always like to see someone stick their neck out to do something they enjoy as a business. Unfortunately I only have a passing interest in horses so wasn't for me.

It went well enough profitable in 2015 and 2016 which was a total of 16 months and about 75 points profit. Slow start this year but at the prices I go for it needs a decent sample . the reason I'm stopping is I'm too busy to keep up the texts emails subs etc. I'm giving up a fair few quid but it wasn't worth it , especially when it got in the way of enjoying Cheltenham last year .

It was more of an experiment to see if money can be made at it and it proved that can work .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

mod edit: <snipping quoted post>

When I created the thread, John Best had a 2% strike rate for the previous season. I said his horses were well handicapped and he was a trainer to follow, I even put my neck on the block and created a thread about it. The next year he went to 17%.

<snip>

If you think it's luck, it most definitely isn't. At the start of the year I said Marwan Koukash had well handicapped horses and he was one to follow. Here is the post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102103885

Since then off a level stake you'd have made a packet on his horses

23rjqxl.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

mod edit: <snip> [Let's] leave Aidans thread clutter free?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ColmEm

Gregk961 wrote: »
    mod edit: <snip> [Let's] leave Aidans thread clutter free?
    Was only responding to Francie's interesting claim. Apologies Aidan. Should be a good thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Hopefully the only clutter in the thread will be about the winners.

Will follow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Let's take this thread in the spirit it's intended, so avoid any strong disagreements and dragging the thread off topic.

Newbury 1:30

Royal Guardsman has been a good horse for me as I’ve been on both times he has won around here at a decent price. His reappearance this year was decent and if he can improve on that, this race looks weaker and he should be fitter. He certainly isn’t a 14/1 shot and more than likely will go off around 9/1. He is back to his winning mark.

1 Point win 14/1 Generally

2:05 Newbury

Turban never got going on his last run after early mistakes but his previous run was pretty decent of a much higher mark in a better race than this. He was never the most consistent for Willie Mullins but is well capable of a big run like his 3rd in the Bobbyjoe Chase this time last year. He will go on the ground and is of a real attractive mark here. Let’s face it there is a better chance he will finish last than first but 40/1 is easily worth the risk.

1 Point EW 40/1 Generally

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Newbury 1:30

Royal Guardsman has been a good horse for me as I’ve been on both times he has won around here at a decent price. His reappearance this year was decent and if he can improve on that, this race looks weaker and he should be fitter. He certainly isn’t a 14/1 shot and more than likely will go off around 9/1. He is back to his winning mark.

1 Point win 14/1 Generally

Good each way. Thanks

Identity thief nrnb

Im temped to take a bit of the 16/1 nrnb before he runs today . It's a simple case of if he performs well here he'll run and have a chance if not he won't run . On form he'll be the 2nd best horse in the Arkle if going .

2 points ew 16/1 sky paddy Betfair . Arkle

Triumph NRNB

It looks to me as if there is a huge chance the ground will be at least Good-Soft again here and I think there is no chance that Landofhopeandglory will start at 20/1 on good ground. He is sure to improve for his last run and the Heavy Ground then was never going to suit. I’m going to take the 20/1 now as he’ll go of about 12/1 at best. He was favorite for this race for a long time and I’m not sure anything that has happened since has changed his chance. There is also the slight risk and that hot fav here will withdraw on good ground which will have a huge effect on the price.

1 Point win 20/1 365/sky/boyles/sporting/32 and more

• Advertisement

Sandown 1:50

Ramses De Teille has the look of one that will be much better over this longer trip and on softer ground. He caught eye last time out when looking green in the finish. His mark of 119 looks workable in this type of race and I think he will be staying on at the finish here. Gaitway also looks a bit of value but I’m thinking Ramses is better value at 22/1

1 Point EW 22/1 365/stan/coral/boyles

Advertisement