Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 30-12-2016 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭

I see that the good doctor Marwan Koukash has a few horses switching over from Fahey to Ian Williams. It looks like a few of his other entries have also had a change of stable. Anyone read anything on this and know what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sure Reef and Reshotfillypeppers for a nice double. Pays 3.51

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Didn't read anything but judging from this article, seems like he moves them about. Williams was once top dog with him but was reduced to zero horses in 2014

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/ashforths-angles-the-remarkable-marwan-koukash/2093471/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

• Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

BumperD wrote: »
    Didn't read anything but judging from this article, seems like he moves them about. Williams was once top dog with him but was reduced to zero horses in 2014

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/ashforths-angles-the-remarkable-marwan-koukash/2093471/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews
    I doubt the 7% strike rate with Fahey for 2016 helped in the decision either. Think this could be worth watching out for, a lot of well handicapped horses are going to be turned out.

1:50 at Newbury looks a cracking little novice hurdler and my eye just can't help but be drawn to Gordon Elliot's horse Baltazar D'allier who ran a mightly impressive debut at Naas. Despite clattering the second last that time, Mark Walsh gave it one shake and it went off like a rocket it uphill in testing Naas conditions. Some of the horses it has already beaten in its only two races have looked decent, so considering the way in which this won, there is still plenty to give with this horse and if the jumping holds up then it surely has a cracking chance tomorrow at 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Sure Reef and Reshotfillypeppers for a nice double. Pays 3.51

this horse needs to be able to win on her own as the jockey cant ride . not joking actually if she doesn't win on her own he wont be able to get her going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Racing UK is Freeview for Warwick & Newbury .

Look at the money coming in for Mount Brandon in the 12:45, then take a look at the rotten form. Probably goes off tomorrow as 5/2 favourite and bolts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

aidankkk wrote: »
    this horse needs to be able to win on her own as the jockey cant ride . not joking actually if she doesn't win on her own he wont be able to get her going

Im hoping she'll carry the jockey :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

can't see Sure Reef beating Monksland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

Look at the money coming in for Mount Brandon in the 12:45, then take a look at the rotten form. Probably goes off tomorrow as 5/2 favourite and bolts up.

doesn't seem to be that much money on him? Never moved from 9/1 on betfair?

• Advertisement

Give me a minute 3:05 is also attracting cash .

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Won't win. You can't get two euros on the night before and this lot certainly wouldn't have their money down the night before.
    His other horse Donnellan is far more interesting and was a massive eyecatcher last time in his first handicap. He has excellent point form but they might just give him one more spin tomorrow before pulling the trigger. Saying that I'm chancing him and will back him in the morning.

BumperD wrote: »
    Give me a minute 3:05 is also attracting cash .

Also not their style. JP likes his horses to have a couple of runs in handicaps before they are off. You can safely lay this one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

What's the view on Realt Mor at Punchestown tomorrow. Going back over hurdles and looks like off a decent mark.

What's the view on Realt Mor at Punchestown tomorrow. Going back over hurdles and looks like off a decent mark.

Not for me. An 11 year old going back over hurdles. Will get done for toe.
    I know the jockey is hopeless but hard to believe they have not been messing with Herminator up to now. Think it will go close tomorrow at 7/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Blameitalonmyroots 1.15 Newbury 13/2 should go well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Kauto wrote: »
    Not for me. An 11 year old going back over hurdles. Will get done for toe.
    I know the jockey is hopeless but hard to believe they have not been messing with Herminator up to now. Think it will go close tomorrow at 7/1.

That horse has up to 20 lbs in hand but if you look at his other races, the jockey just isnt able to let him know he needs to speed up at the end.. Comical

That said as bad as he is he will never get a better chance to have a double on one card. Maybe today is the day

f140 wrote: »
    doesn't seem to be that much money on him? Never moved from 9/1 on betfair?

11/2 now, watch it bolt up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Tricky cards today. Chances Financial Climate e w 1.15 Newbury against my usual strict rule of not backing a bleeder. Won this race a few years back and was third in it too. Down to his lowest mark in years he can travel quite poorly and could be hard at work a long way out but might go ok at big odds 25/1. One for a tenner e w not one for the mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

11/2 now, watch it bolt up.

Form like the alphabet.

• Advertisement

Ouch copper Kay done at 1.01

Love seeing one of JPs gambles done on the line. Wonder did the jockey do a bit much too soon

It raises the spirits indeed. I will watch the replay again as its a beautiful sight.

Anytime i back there gamble its always done on the line. KUNTS

Buvair D'air up next at Warwick. This fella will be a serious contender in March you'd think

Looked a bit awkward. Would need to improve his jumping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Anytime i back there gamble its always done on the line. KUNTS
    If Ruby was on that horse it wouldn't have lost that race. The horse was a good one to be fair and obviously aimed at the race if the jockey could ride

No coverage on Ch4 today lads?

Gringo180 wrote: »
    No coverage on Ch4 today lads?

No racing U.K. Free today

• Advertisement

C4 finished on St Stephens day. Over to ITV Jan 1.

Advertisement