Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** SANTA STRIKE FORCE 2016! ***

Options
  • 01-12-2016 4:20pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, well its the 1st of December so its time to start thinking about Christmas!! (You hear that marketers?!)

WHAT DO WE DO?
    We collect money from online donations of boardsies and I contact children's charities around Xmas and find out what "quality of life improving" items they would ask for from Santa! In the past we've bought everything as diverse as rocking chairs to Xboxes, go karts to kitchen tables.

HOW DOES THIS WORK?
    You donate money. I use it to buy these things. No one gets paid. 100% of your money will go to making life a bit better for these kids.
    Think of it as, you giving them a treat for xmas. I just middleman the whole operation and take the hassle out of it for you. (I still need your donation mind you!).

I'VE ONLY A FIVER!
    I've seen abused kids make a counselling breakthrough with 2 euros worth of finger paints. For 70 euro a kid can have a new 3D printed limb. When you strip away the overheads and costs of admin etc, you would be surprised how far your fiver can go.

I'M BROKE!
    Ok, you can still HUGELY help us by telling people about SSF. Use your social media skillz and get the word out, we'll take donations from everywhere!

I KNOW A KIDS CHARITY THAT COULD USE SOMETHING LIKE THIS
    Great, PM me and lets see if we cant work something out!

PLEASE DONATE!! Please encourage others to donate. Spread the word on all the medias of socialness!

On Boards you can use the tag [.SSF]write anything here[./SSF] (but without the "."s) and you will add our little icon! Stick it in your sig or in any post you want to!
    (I just tested it, so I know it works!! :) )

[SSF]LIKE THIS[/SSF]

Or Mobile users can click here

Every single penny donated goes into the projects for kids charities! A few quid can make a world of a difference!

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

One last NEW! thing... this year we're going to do the accounts in public. Your individual donations will remain private (unless you post them here!) but once we have a total I'll be detailing the accounts in public. ie: How much we spend on which charities for what and when.
    This is because there have been a lot of "charity scams" lately and there's no reason we cant do this, every penny goes to the projects with SSF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'll throw a tenner in to get started. Mobile link won't load however.

Just did this off the mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll check the mobile link now! >.<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

250.00 EUR

PAYPAL *SANTASTRIKE

Receipt number: 1BY77816TR106784M

Happy Christmas to you all @ Boards.ie ..Mods & posters alike,

Great charity cause.

The mobile link is working for me, can some other people try it and see if it works for you too? (its a bit slow but that seems to be Paypal at the moment).

James Bond, can you tell me how it didn't work? (didn't load, or wouldn't take money, or crashed or etc).

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

DeVore wrote: »
    The mobile link is working for me, can some other people try it and see if it works for you too? (its a bit slow but that seems to be Paypal at the moment).

James Bond, can you tell me how it didn't work? (didn't load, or wouldn't take money, or crashed or etc).

Thanks!

iPhone. Just wouldn't load until I got the server stopped responding. Just used my iPad without issue. And I know I sound like an apple wanker :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My boobs are worth very little these days so €50 will have to suffice :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'VE ONLY A FIVER!
    I'll start off with a hundred of these.....

Presumably the usual bank account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Beasty wrote: »

I was thinking "if beasty comes along bow and doubles everything after my post...." :p

As always sir, a legend and a gent.

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

€50 in the pot

Transaction ending 352.

Go team SSF and happy Christmas everyone :)

Sh1t just got real. Or realer. Or something.

Holy sh1t.

I got all excited, pressed the wrong button and almost reported Beastys post >.<

:)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I got all excited, pressed the wrong button and almost reported Beastys post >.<

G'wan ye fecker! - get me banned for a few weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

G'wan ye fecker! - get me banned for a few weeks....

€100 in the pot, ***961200.

Double dare you!

I'll take one for the team, but we'll need a lot more than that in the pot first....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Broke so threw in €15.

Transaction ending 2393W

Well done everyone involved with this! Ye are saints!

I'll be putting some more effort into site wide promotion next week. Kind of a crazy time for me but isn't it always :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

I'll be putting some more effort into site wide promotion next week. Kind of a crazy time for me but isn't it always :(

What ya at?

I'm working on developing a piece of augmented reality software as the lead project manager and we just went into test with it, so you know... not much :) >.<

(Amazingly and confusingly for many people, I don't make my living from Boards, I have a day job. Well, I call it a "job" :) )

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Threw €25 in the pot. Will add more later in the month when I get paid. Love SSF! :D

Receipt number: 5AV94803UL124901G

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Jaysus!! I would love to match that :( when I get paid I'll throw some money in for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I would love to match that

Ah lads, ye're fierce generous.

I can't match the altruism of Beasty and AJ, but I'll pledge a hundred for now. I find out in a week or two whether I get to keep my job, so I'll have a better idea of my finances then.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Ficheall wrote: »
    Ah lads, ye're fierce generous.

I can't match the altruism of Beasty and AJ, but I'll pledge a hundred for now. I find out in a week or two whether I get to keep my job, so I'll have a better idea of my finances then.

God I don't want to commit here! I will defiantly make a donation but I don't think I'd be able to afford 500!

Seriously guys, don't worry about comparing with other donations. I've a bit of a reputation around here of being off my rocker when it comes to SSF.....

Any amount, big or small, is gratefully received by SSF and every cent goes towards very worthy causes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Folks if I may say,

Just give what you can afford to give, Everyone is different & Everyone can afford to give what they want to give, There is no pressure in giving 5000e or 5e, It all helps & we can see were exactly its going, As some other place does say...Every little helps.

That's genuinely it. You don't have to post here even (I have some slightly more accurate accounting routines :) ) so whatever you can give and believe me it all makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

€50 in.

Merry Christmas.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement