Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Maths Paper One - Fri. June 6th 2014 - all levels***

Options
  • 05-06-2014 6:50pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Maths Paper One (FL, OL and HL)
    Friday June 6th 2014

All discussion and questions about Maths Paper One goes here, following the exam. Please do not post predictions or discussion here before the exam.

Usual rules apply. Anyone slagging off another poster about the level they did, or a mistake they made, will be banned for the duration of the exams.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bumping to bring higher up the page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

Has anyone got a copy of the paper to post up here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Hope I did alright on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

That maths paper was just algebra...
    But still think I got an A in paper 1.Did anyone get question 9 the one about euro and sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Hope I did alright on that.

Same, I got everything done, except those damn functions! We had to draw 2 graphs, I only managed one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

How were you meant to do the second function graph?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chloee98

coolerboy wrote: »
    But still think I got an A in paper 1.Did anyone get question 9 the one about euro and sterling.

I think I got something like 2.17x for the girl and 1.15x+10 for the boy..not sure though..I got that they were the same at 200

coolerboy wrote: »
    I got the one for Susan, but not the one for jack :(

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Chloee98 wrote: »
    I think I got something like 2.17x for the girl and 1.15x+10 for the boy..not sure though..I got that they were the same at 200

I got e = p×2.3-13 for the boy.p×2.4-12 for the girl

What did people get for the simultaneous I got x is 4 but y wouldn't work out think I got -33 or something close to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

yaEHya wrote: »
    What did people get for the simultaneous I got x is 4 but y wouldn't work out think I got -33 or something close to that

-10/3

I got 200 for the boy and the girl but from trial and error..no equations formed.
    Finished the whole paper in 65~ minutes and spent the rest on question 9.
    Really disappointed it about it.
    Wanted to get high 90s on paper 1.

What did everyone get for the last two parts on the functions and for the maximum and minimum for the Venn diagram?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

I'm so disappointed couldn't do that money question for the life of me.. Or even that ball question with number patterns and I looked at it like 5 minutes before.. :( algebra was nice though and the exponential functions at the end but I seriously doubt I'll get an A now unless I get 100% in p2

Got 10 for the minimum and 55 for maximum but I think the maximum is wrong

Did everyone say the pattern was quadratic.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

What a beautiful paper! :D a few questions were a bit weird like the Susan and jack one and the functions ones but I'm delighted over all! Hope paper 2 is as nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

What did ye get for n2-n1+41 when n=41?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

I got y to equal -10 over 3
    I can't remember the formula I got for the sterling-euro question but my formula worked so :D

ECM1234 wrote: »

I did how long did you say the ball was in the air for?

ECM1234 wrote: »

I did :)

• Advertisement

I did how long did you say the ball was in the for?

10 minutes

How did you get 10? I think I got 4.5

The 3.5 plus the 6.5 that it lasts for.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Not a good idea to go on here if you're quite confident with how you did, everyone has different answers to me omg hahahah

So did i

Chloee98 wrote: »
    What did everyone get for the last two parts on the functions and for the maximum and minimum for the Venn diagram?

Venn Diagram was 72 - 38 and 72 + 38
    Guessed the range for the functions tbh, think I said 1.9 -> -1.4 and can't remember what I wrote for the other one..so stressed about question 9 my mind is just gone blank I'll know when examinations.ie publish it

Liordi wrote: »
    Venn Diagram was 72 - 38 and 72 + 38
    Guessed the range for the functions tbh, think I said 1.9 -> -1.4 and can't remember what I wrote for the other one..so stressed about question 9 my mind is just gone blank I'll know when examinations.ie publish it

How would that work when 72+38 is 110 and there were only 100 questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

What percent did ye get for the tax?

How would that work when 72+38 is 110 and there were only 100 questions?

It was how much questions they answered in total not how much unique questions they answered.

• Advertisement

Liordi wrote: »
    It was how much questions they answered in total not how much unique questions they answered.

The question was how many could both of them got correct.

Advertisement