Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grange Rath Update - payment of service charges

Options
  • 09-03-2014 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

GRANGE RATH UPDATE;

The board of directors in Grange Rath are refusing to answer any questions that have been put forward from the owners. Since the current directors were elected in March 2013, here is their achievement to date;

• Terminated the contract of the management agent.

• Terminated the contract of the gardener.

• Hired an office, hired 2 employees - employed the wife of a director and one of the directors and took control of the whole estate.

• Held an AGM, given notice to owners of 10 days and did not present the year end accounts - company solicitor allowed this to happen! Complaint issued to the Office of Directors Corporate Enforcement.

• Budget passed, the 2 employees are now getting paid of €79K between them. Office hire is €10K.

• Owners have gone on site to the office - office closed.

• It was found that the 2 employees have other full time jobs hence the appointments that must be made in advance.

• Changes to the Memos & Arts were made behind the owners back. The Secretary of Grange Rath and the company solicitor authorised those changes. Among the 16/17 changes to the document, one section was added in were all directors/committee members could be paid for their work ie travel expenses, hotel expenses and other expenses. Board meetings held every Monday - no wonder!!

• Complaint issued to the Office of Directors Corporate Enforcement - the changes were put back to the original document therefore the company name is no longer Grange Rath Limited - it's Colpe Management Company.

• Now our company is being taken to COURT – creditors not getting paid.

• The board of directors/company solicitor has NOT issued an apology to the owners - this is unacceptable.

Now the board of directors are seeking payment of service charges - WOULD YOU PAY under these circumstances??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭IN-THE-KNOW

The board of directors have not conducted themselves in the right manner.

They authorised one political party to carry out a cheap marketing stunt and to advertise in a way were the development name was made out to be their followers – who on earth gave the board of directors that right?

There is a couple of political parties living within the development as it is therefore there is so much doubt if they had contacted this particular party looking for help regarding the ongoing issues on hand.

This thread is not to slag off any political party or even have a discussion on political views but NO POLITICAL PARTY should ever be given the chance to carry out cheap stunts ahead of local elections.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is this the political party, and leader of said party, that was on that letter they sent round the other day asking for late fees?

Yes and in addition, a letter titled "development name political party name news" along with the political party logo was hand delivered to the residents doors last month.

Again the board of directors gave permission to other political parties to advertise within the development by displaying posters on the poles.

Grange Rath development is a private estate therefore these political parties would have to seek permission from the board members only to carry this out.

In my opinion the board members are now trying to smooth things over by allowing other politicial parties advertise within our estate because they obviously realise what they did last month was totally wrong!!

Noticed the posters. Wondered about the legalities. Can't remember seeing posters inside the estate before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Spotted one election poster on a pole just inside the entrance to my estate.
    I'll remove it later.

Just to make you aware that ALL posters were removed from within the development...thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

What political party was the original offending one?

Directed to Tramps Like Us - thank you for your post! Unfortunately I'm not willing to say on the basis that residents of Grange Rath are aware of the politicial party that issued the newsletters to us back in Feb'14.

Hi ITK I live on the Dublin road and there have been election posters stuck up on poles in the estate, in particular at the entrance and I'm just wondering if they were the same party. How did you get rid of them, did you contact the party in question or just rip them down yourself? (Tempted to do just that!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hi ITK I live on the Dublin road and there have been election posters stuck up on poles in the estate, in particular at the entrance and I'm just wondering if they were the same party. How did you get rid of them, did you contact the party in question or just rip them down yourself? (Tempted to do just that!)

If they are legally put up it is illegal for you to take them down until after the set date for their removal. Just because they are in an estate does not make them illegal. It is a public road after all.

If they are legally put up it is illegal for you to take them down until after the set date for their removal. Just because they are in an estate does not make them illegal. It is a public road after all.
    It gets fierce windy sometimes, maybe they'll blow down.

BTW if the newsletter yer on about is the one which had a bit about SF helping out with something I think you're a bit OTT with your reaction but I can see why it might annoy you, but you cant substantiate your claim that they were not legitimately asked to help as you imply earlier in the thread. Plus you got a separate letter from the party? I dont see the big deal about this I get "updates"/newsletters from political parties all the time. (frequency increases come election time for some reason lol) If you ever live in Dublin you'll be swimming in them. In any case what has this letter to do with the board of directors?

I remember there was a load of crap about FFs Thomas Byrne a few years ago when he lived in the estate (I did too back then, dunno if he still does)

Just about the court action, the residents voted to defend it and it was on foot of previous directors actions..

TBH you have told a very one sided account of things and it looks like you have an axe to grind. Plus they have addressed these questions you have, just not in the form some are demanding (ie written). They've even offered separate face to face meetings to discuss the issue which akaik the people making a fuss have refused to attend :(

Updated newsletter in our doors on Monday evening by the board of directors;

1) Glad to see a professional management agent now looking after our estate but I'm so confused after the FACT the directors claimed last year at our AGM that they could not hire a management agent to look after us hence the reason why they had to hire an office and employ a wife of a director and a director to work for Grange Rath - what is going on?? Again, NOT ALL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED TO US OWNERS.

2) 2 out of the 4 directors have now stepped down.

3) Court action case taking place on Monday 12th May'14 regarding non payment of invoices to our ex gardener - it is such a shame because the ex gardener was employed to look after our development from day one and at all times our grounds were to the highest standards. Since last year, the standards have dropped and it's unacceptable.

Directed at Srameen - thank you for your post! Displaying posters on the poles within the grounds of the development does make it illegal according to our lease.

Directed at Srameen - thank you for your post! Displaying posters on the poles within the grounds of the development does make it illegal according to our lease.

I was referring to a post regarding an estate not your "development". If an estate includes public roads then the posters are legal. A tenancy lease cannot dictate how the local authority legislates for it's property.

Directed at Srameen; YES you are correct, were an estate includes public roads then posters are legal.

Just a quick update on the court case that took place yesterday (Monday 12th May'14);

Due to a backlog of cases to be heard in the High Court, the case will now be heard tomorrow (Wednesday 14th May'14).

If the case goes to trial (please God it won't), please be aware that all owners in Grange Rath will be faced with a VERY HIGH legal bill ie around €100,000 price tag or more.

How any member in our development can deny the work that was carried out by the ex-gardener is mind boggling to say the least - hopefully the Judge can see through the nonsense of this ridiculous case set out by the ex/current board of directors!!!

Just a quick update that our 2nd court case in the High Court is taking place tomorrow (Monday 19th May'14) with our ex-management agent.

The ex/current board of directors and their so call "legal advisors" have created a BIG MESS for our company.

Owners have NOT been provided with the name of the solicitor(s) that is meant to be representing OUR COMPANY. Who are these solicitors? Where are they based? What experience do they bring to the table? Have they won many High Court before? Are they actually qualified?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 peterrose

Looking at the court filings on courts.ie the solicitor is listed as Business and Commercial. These appear to be www businesslawyers ie . There is a recent affidavit from a Jamie Sherry listed who is a senior partner in this company so it appears to tie up. I have no idea of their track record.

If you want to see the case details (limited as they are) go to courts.ie and search for high court case listing year 2013 case 1607. All appearances, filings etc are listed here as will be the judgement when the judge rules.

• Advertisement

Directed at peterrose; many thanks for coming back to me on this, much appreciated!

I can't believe the ex/current board of directors were using the same solicitor from Business and Commercial that carried out the illegal changes to our company Memos & Arts!!!

They are for the Defendants.RYERIVER SOLICITORS act for the Plaintiffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nmcgwynne

And we will get the bill for their mess. Just one point the 2 directors have not actually stepped down. I was in the high court on 26 May and all 4 indicated to the judge they wer directors. Their resigination is not registered with the CRO. Even it was the following is true

The law says that simply resigning as a director in not sufficient to cease being a director of a company. The person MUST stand aside. <Snip> has not done this and is therefore a director until he stands aside.

The law also says that a person who acts with the authority of a director is a director even if they were not elected. This role is called a de-facto director. <snip> has been acting with authority with the company and is therefore a director.

I contacted the new agent 3 times over the last week and they are not being clear about whether thet are acting or not. Last night I asked specific questions

Are they the agent? When will they engare? How to enter a payment plan? I'll update here if I get an answer or if I don't on Tuesday 3 June.

Hi...

According to the CRO office, 5th May'14, B2 form submitted, termination of the directors of the 2 named directors - back dated 30th April'14.

According to the CRO office, 6th Jun'14, B10 form submitted, new registered address is the address of our new management agent - back dated 29th April'14.

Still no welcome pack from our new agent and the ground maintenance is a totally disgrace - weeds coming up from areas that never happened before!

Whoever is doing the grass now is doing a really poor job; it's being left quite long so a week later looks horrible, weeds are being left to grow a few feet high, and there is a weird scattergun approach to where is getting cut and when; a large green area outside my house was done but one further down wasn't and the bits on the footpath in front of the house haven't been done in weeks.

Don't know what the point of paying the charges are if the quality is this low....

Though noticing some areas are being kept pristine of course....

I agree; the last cut wasn't carried out to the highest, a bit here and a bit there, totally unacceptable! The weeding is certainly not being looked after hence getting out of control.

When our ex/current directors wrote to us owners after the Easter weekend, they stated a new management agent was now in charge - what has been carried out since?

In my view, for the last 6/8 weeks - no one has been looking after our estate and I would certainly like to see a change, rapid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

I won't be paying fees again this year.... The grass in park court a disgrace and kids can no longer use greens.. So no more reason for me to pay unless grass is frequently cut....

Speaking off, apparently letters are being put in letter boxes from the new crowd right now...

Does it really take 65k a year for Ground Maintenance alone? And this in separation to the 5k for "caretaking" and 3k for "Tree replacement"?

Hi...

Yes, I believe owners are not happy with the notice of the EGM only issued to owners today - company law states 14 days notice at least however last year was more shocking in my view of an AGM notice only issued to owners 10 days or less!!

So far for ground maintenance, I've seen between €55K to 80K. So far what I have notice in the last year, the cheaper the price, the cheaper the cut hence the state of the grounds! Sometimes it is worth paying that little bit extra to get good quality standards i.e. what we were paying the ex-gardener for a number of years!!

YES - caretaking fees would be seperate i.e. he could be carrying out litter picking, cleaning of bin areas, site inspections to common areas i.e. checking for any lights blown in the apartment blocks etc...

YES - tree replacement would be an additional cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

just reading about your omc and I am truly shocked at what the directors have done.

•edit•

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement