Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor 28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawns [US] **SPOILERS**

Options
  • 31-01-2014 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

The following has been officially released by CBS so they are not spoilers.

The next season of Survivor is called Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawns.
    It consists of 3 tribes and all new players (WOOHOO!)

There will be a special Two-Hour Season Premiere on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 8:00-10:00 PM (U.S. time). It was filmed in the Philippines.

The cast (and all the other officially released details are here)
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

My prediction is that the winner will be from the Brains tribe :)
    Having looked at the beauty tribe, I don't really think many of them are 'beautiful' (unless they mean on the inside lol).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRITMCE0iTU7UEelsXtG6R2nZBEn_7iNg7XYmBI2Bg2cL1-wI4z2w

Yeah thanks for that Kingtut,over the moon that there are no returnee players.Probably best to advise people in the thread title that there are likely to be spoilers.:)

Like the concept of tribal divisions along the lines of brains,beauty and brawns.I'll take your word re the lack of eye candy,have'nt viewed the participants as yet.:D
    No idea who the ex basketball pro Cliff Robinson or the Miami Marlins baseball president David Samson are?

Thankfully there appears to be no mention of the dreaded Redemption Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Survivor time again already? I say it every thread but the weeks tv just doesnt feel right without a new Survivor ep :D

Does the 3 tribe system ever work though? Seems to always be a loser tribe that fails straight away leading to a good few "going through the motion" eps where they lose over and over before the merge.

Redemption Island Im 50:50, some very tense challenges in the last couple and good bitching between tribe members but if it means going back to a proper reward and proper immunity challenge every ep Id get rid of it every time.

All looking very promising anyway, no sign of any celebrities or fan favourites nobody remembers, hope they've thrown a few crazies in there like Philip aswell because it got a bit bland last time round.

3 weeks to go.

seligehgit wrote: »

Yeah thanks for that Kingtut,over the moon that there are no returnee players.Probably best to advise people in the thread title that there are likely to be spoilers.:)

Like the concept of tribal divisions along the lines of brains,beauty and brawns.I'll take your word re the lack of eye candy,have'nt viewed the participants as yet.:D
    No idea who the ex basketball pro Cliff Robinson or the Miami Marlins baseball president David Samson are?

Thankfully there appears to be no mention of the dreaded Redemption Island.

I just contacted a mod and asked them to update the title :)
    I have no clue who those basketball or baseball players are either :D
    Thargor wrote: »
    Survivor time again already? I say it every thread but the weeks tv just doesnt feel right without a new Survivor ep :D

Does the 3 tribe system ever work though? Seems to always be a loser tribe that fails straight away leading to a good few "going through the motion" eps where they lose over and over before the merge.

Redemption Island Im 50:50, some very tense challenges in the last couple and good bitching between tribe members but if it means going back to a proper reward and proper immunity challenge every ep Id get rid of it every time.

All looking very promising anyway, no sign of any celebrities or fan favourites nobody remembers, hope they've thrown a few crazies in there like Philip aswell because it got a bit bland last time round.

3 weeks to go.

Counting down the days myself !
    Ye redemption island usually sucks, in fact I would like it where it is old school as in no hidden idols and that you only stayed in the game out of pure luck + determination etc ... having said that though there have been some classic blindsides due to idols. ...... hmm so I am actually 50/50

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Idols are mandatory at this stage, there have been too many classic moments imo.

Just noticed House of Cards will be back at the same time as Survivor aswell :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

kingtut wrote: »
    My prediction is that the winner will be from the Brains tribe :)
    Having looked at the beauty tribe, I don't really think many of them are 'beautiful' (unless they mean on the inside lol).

I think the beauty tribe group promo photo is terrible, they look a lot better in their interviews and individual pictures on the cbs site. From those I’d say Morgan could definitely rank quite highly on my overall favourites list.

Listening to their interviews some from each tribes actually appear pretty well rounded rather than the stereotypes they’ve been put into – ie brains people who are physical, beauty people who have survival experience. There also seems to be a decent number of survivor fans in there though which should help the dynamics of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Are the preview shows usually that bad? Sounds like there's a few new twists in store this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was gonna stay up tomorrow night and watch the premiere at all hours of the morning, but have a stupid meeting first thing Thursday that I have to be "present" for... Grrr...

Very much looking forward to the season though.

Pretty good premiere so far :) not surprised that not all the tribes are living up to their assigned attributes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I really enjoyed that episode - some interesting strategic moves by the
    Brains tribe but they've completely neglected the fact that they're gonna need to win a challenge somewhere along the line

The three-tribe formula always leads to a more interesting merge at the end, too.

My current pick for winner is the female cop.

• Advertisement

The Following Posts Contains Information on Episode 1 - It Says SPOILERS in the Thread Title and the episode has aired, so I'm not spoiler tagging anything. You've now been warned twice - continue reading at your own peril...

One of the best opening episodes in Survivor History.

When I heard the premise of the season I was expecting big things from the Brains tribe... eh, they're a bunch of idiots and I wouldn't be surprised if Teenage Mutant Ninja Cochran goes next despite J'Tia Hantz and her rice tantrums, because Let's Talk Strategy and The Snooze Inducer seem intent on making the worst decisions possibe. O'Business and Limited Edition Action Man Poker probably deserved to go, but the Brains are now screwed when it comes to physical challenges.

I was totally surprised and impressed by the Beauty tribe - they're my early favourites, Cheery McBoobs and Cutie Pie Student are gorgeous, Token Blonde seems pretty annoying and she should definitely be voted out first if they go to Tribal. Didn't like Captain Black Hat at first, but he redeemed himself with the puzzle in the second immunity, while Redneck Model and Gay Best Friend seem pretty cool. Go Team Beauty Queen!!!

The Brawns are alright, Mrs. Cop and the Rush Hour Inspired Bromance seem great, but Hippie Tats, Horse Mouth and Poor Man's Bruce Willis would drive me up the wall if I were on a tribe with them.

Yeah, I gave everyone nicknames...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Jesus, no idea how you'd not vote out the crazy one after she dumped all your rice, has sucked in challenges and does nothing around camp. That tribe are retards

The Following Posts Contains Information on Episode 1 - It Says SPOILERS in the Thread Title and the episode has aired, so I'm not spoiler tagging anything. You've now been warned twice - continue reading at your own peril...

One of the best opening episodes in Survivor History.

When I heard the premise of the season I was expecting big things from the Brains tribe... eh, they're a bunch of idiots and I wouldn't be surprised if Teenage Mutant Ninja Cochran goes next despite J'Tia Hantz and her rice tantrums, because Let's Talk Strategy and The Snooze Inducer seem intent on making the worst decisions possibe. O'Business and Limited Edition Action Man Poker probably deserved to go, but the Brains are now screwed when it comes to physical challenges.

I was totally surprised and impressed by the Beauty tribe - they're my early favourites, Cheery McBoobs and Cutie Pie Student are gorgeous, Token Blonde seems pretty annoying and she should definitely be voted out first if they go to Tribal. Didn't like Captain Black Hat at first, but he redeemed himself with the puzzle in the second immunity, while Redneck Model and Gay Best Friend seem pretty cool. Go Team Beauty Queen!!!

The Brawns are alright, Mrs. Cop and the Rush Hour Inspired Bromance seem great, but Hippie Tats, Horse Mouth and Poor Man's Bruce Willis would drive me up the wall if I were on a tribe with them.

Yeah, I gave everyone nicknames...

Super post!
    Really enjoyed this premiere,refreshing to see no returnee players.Always welcome water challenges and back to basics...parsimony in rations,camp building,fire building.Looks like they're facing into a season of misery weather wise.Infuriating the ease with HIIs are found...absolute joke.
    Big suit David sealed his fate with his weak pick at the outset.
    Brains tribe are the most dumb ass tribe in Survivor history,ridiculous how Naonka mark 2 was'nt voted out.Totally crazy,as Spencer remarked "the fact that you're a nuclear engineer is genuinely,genuinely scary"!Can't see any winner from that tribe.
    There seems to be a love in with Cliff on the Brawns tribe,nice guy.Makes him ripe for a blindside,huge threat.
    Beauty tribe have performed quite well.Morgan is using her assets to draw the boys in. Loved her comment re her homeplace Silicon Valley,so appropriate.Is Brice a slightly more subtle Colton?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Good god. That J'tia one. I was half expecting her to come out on the beach and say "It's pronounced, Nuke-ye-lar!" . That has got to be the worst tribe in survivor history. Worse than Ulong....and that's saying something.

I feel a bit sorry for Spencer the chess guy. Tasha seemed to have it together but her temper tantrum about not being able to have "sneaky talk time" showed she is a bit emotional. Nod your head sweetheart and then go have the convo's when Garrett isn't looking. You don't have a meltdown about it infront of everyone because hes "ruining your survivor experience!"

That cop Tony from the brawn tribe with the #spyhut seems to have a huge ego. It's going to hurt him long term. Cliff the giant seems to be the new James. Everyone seems to like him.

From the Beauty tribe, the guy they made leader LJ. He seems like he could go far. He'd be my tip anyway. And while Morgan is clearly stunning, she can't win. She'll have the women gunning for her and the men wary of her.

Double episodes are always fun. It was a good start.

Kirby wrote: »
    And while Morgan is clearly stunning, she can't win.

Why would you say something like that? She has to win, she's clearly the best

Great start to the season, loads of highlights but my favourite was probably that Spencer 'genuinely, genuinely scary' quote at tribal.

David deserved to go, you shouldn't make those kind of calls on day one and you certainly dont tell everyone thinking about day 39 is your reasoning.

To be fair to Garett, I think getting everyone to talk wasn't a terrible idea in principle but he pulled it off disastrously. Even with his bumbling J'Tai put herself on a plate to be voted out but similarly he made an absolute disaster at tribal. The guys only needed the vote of Kass but he threw her under the bus, lying that she approached them, when it was no actual gain to him long term to say it. All he had to do was keep turning the conversation back to rice-gate and he would have been fine. He really acted like what he described himself - a guy who studied hours and hours of tape of the game, but unfortunately for him he didn't have the skills to actually pull off what he wanted to do.

Lots of likable/interesting characters from the beauty and brawn tribes, new players who are swinging for the fences early rather than playing safe like most returnees do, no redemption island and some nice eye-candy thrown in for good measure - this has the potential to be a very good season. :D

Why would you say something like that? She has to win, she's clearly the best

She obviously has all the necessary assets.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    She obviously has all the necessary assets.

Yeah, both of them... What more could we want?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Joking aside, her lie about "picking fishing gear over comfort" to cover up her idol search.....was pretty inspired. And convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm prefering Alexis than Morgan, hoping she'll fly under the radar a bit. Can't see Morgan or Jefra winning, but Brice and LJ seem like they could go far, the other male seems a bit clueless and reckon he'll get voted out if he makes post-merge, or else be brought along as a tag along.

From the brawn, I'm just waiting for spyshack to be discovered and Tony will get voted out, Cliff will suffer a lot from food and water shortage and seems far too likable to actually make it far, I'm liking Woo, think he could do well, he doesn't look like a huge threat like some of the other guys do and could do well in challenges as he looks much lighter. The female cop could be good, quite perceptive which is good in the game, the other two will be nobodies I'd say.

From Brains, they're all a trainwreck, bar perhaps Spencer, and the tribe will be smashed apart. Tasha and Kass seem stupid but have a far better chance of going further as they don't like a stereotypical nerd like Spencer does. Should find it easier to fit in whenever there's a reshuffle. If Spencer makes it that far, he's got no chance.

Good stuff so far though, bar the usual 3-alliance where one of them sucks. Would be nice to have 3 alliances who were actually competitive.

• Advertisement

I was really surprised Garrett did'nt play his HII as the edit seemed to strongly indicate that a blindside might be in the offing.Most especially with his acute paranoia and dismal display at tribal.He was incredibly stupid to leave the idol back at camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Garrett clearly isn't a great strategic player but he was the strongest physical player they had. Surely those are both reasons to keep him around? I can't believe they kept J'tia over him. I really like Spencer. He seems like he could be a good player. It doesn't look good for him though. The rest of that tribe have no chance.

Kirby wrote: »
    Joking aside, her lie about "picking fishing gear over comfort" to cover up her idol search.....was pretty inspired. And convincing.

Inspired short term but I think it was a big gamble that could still come back to bite her. At the challenge all Jeff had to do was ask everyone how they’re settling in and someone from the Brawn tribe mentions getting the extra rice then she’d be in trouble. Also, there’s a decent chance when they mix up the tribes or merge the extra food they have could come up. She was in a bad position to start with so it was probably a necessary risk to take.

She pulled off the lie so well it could spell trouble for anyone who puts their trust in her.

Inspired short term but I think it was a big gamble that could still come back to bite her. At the challenge all Jeff had to do was ask everyone how they’re settling in and someone from the Brawn tribe mentions getting the extra rice then she’d be in trouble. Also, there’s a decent chance when they mix up the tribes or merge the extra food they have could come up. She was in a bad position to start with so it was probably a necessary risk to take.

She pulled off the lie so well it could spell trouble for anyone who puts their trust in her.

I think people would admire her for it if they found out. If I was on her tribe and it came out that she'd lied, but the rest of us all believed her, I'd be aligning myself with her quicksmart. Players like that compliment my game.

I think people would admire her for it if they found out. If I was on her tribe and it came out that she'd lied, but the rest of us all believed her, I'd be aligning myself with her quicksmart. Players like that compliment my game.

I dunno, would you want to put your trust in someone who has already shown she can deceive you? You’d also be aligning yourself with someone who will have a massive target on their back as they are very likely to have an idol given they had a clue and several days to look for it. If they people want to flush the idol out they’ll likely want to split their votes on her sidekick that would/could be you.

I dunno, would you want to put your trust in someone who has already shown she can deceive you? You’d also be aligning yourself with someone who will have a massive target on their back as they are very likely to have an idol given they had a clue and several days to look for it. If they people want to flush the idol out they’ll likely want to split their votes on her sidekick that would/could be you.

I've played some Survivor ORGs (Online Reality Games) on Facebook and my alliance consisted of people who lied and deceived, but I knew where I stood with everyone, covered my bases. Think there was one tribal post merge, where my alliance didn't have the numbers and the target was on my back, and I managed to win individual immunity and sway someone from the other side to vote with my alliance, and we retained our numbers. I made it to final 2 and only lost by one vote because of bitter jury members.
    I was the underdog going in to the game (had played one before that and was voted out pre-merge, because I was unknown and the rest had played together previously), and most of the other players were veterans, but I pulled it off by playing with Morgan type players, so I'd definitely be alligning myself with people like that if I ever played for realsies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Seriously shows that brains without charisma isnt going to win you Survivor.
    Not one off that group would come close to Cochran or Russell, seriously lets get rid off our big hitter the guy that carried us into a "Uncatchable" lead till Je Tia entered the fray.
    Alison off the beauty tribe, seriously in love with her, her eyes are out off this world, for me now its her, LJ or Woo I want to win it, but Cop girl and hairdresser may grow on me
    Seriously though Je Tia is a nuclear engineer, how on earth does she get beaten at a puzzle by a horse trainer and a cop when she has a two minute lead

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I just finished watching Season 2 for the first time last night and now I'm straight into this. Such a dramatic change. These guys seem like pure amateurs yet they've had 14 years of the game to study.

Probst gave his initial views on all the cast in the preview show and it looks he's been pretty accurate so far. He did say that Spencer has 0 chance of winning the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

(episode 2 spoilers)

That was another pretty good episode. The Brains tribe is so tragic, although I was actually cheering for them when they managed to win immunity. I'm kind of rooting for them because they're so pathetic.

Also, Tony (the male cop) is giving off serious Russell Hantz vibes at the moment.

• Advertisement

I'm disappointed purely for the reason, Morgan is now in a vulnerable position and herself and Sarah from the Brawn tribe are my early favourites. Still, good episode. I like that that challenges aren't hugely predictable and have had some big comebacks.

Advertisement