Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League

Options
  • 12-07-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw the new game that they semi-announced looks like there will be £15k up top and £1k to be won monthly.

25 man squad with £160m to spend against matchday deadlines within each gameweek. If its the same deadlines as the main game seems a strange way to word it.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ultimate/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

jimmii wrote: »
    Just saw the new game that they semi-announced looks like there will be £15k up top and £1k to be won monthly.

25 man squad with £160m to spend against matchday deadlines within each gameweek. If its the same deadlines as the main game seems a strange way to word it.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ultimate/

looks good, how much is the entry fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

looks good, how much is the entry fee?

They haven't released all the info yet. FPL is going live next week so hopefully we will get all the info on the new game on Monday or Tuesday if not before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm speculating but I think it'll be FPL in terms of all scoring but will have a UCL transfer system. In that game, if a player gets you 2 points on a Tuesday, you can transfer him out for a player that has yet to play that GW.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm speculating but I think it'll be FPL in terms of all scoring but will have a UCL transfer system. In that game, if a player gets you 2 points on a Tuesday, you can transfer him out for a player that has yet to play that GW.

Yeh it sounds like it will be something like that with the mention of deadlines within the gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

€15k for the winner? and 1k each month €60k roughly in prize money..sure last year 1.5million or so played fantasy premier league. they,ll probably try charge €10 for the new version. if 10% of last years players buy into it that would generate massive money. if people buy into it the free version wont exist next year.

• Advertisement

Nozebleed wrote: »
    €15k for the winner? and 1k each month €60k roughly in prize money..sure last year 1.5million or so played fantasy premier league. they,ll probably try charge €10 for the new version. if 10% of last years players buy into it that would generate massive money. if people buy into it the free version wont exist next year.

If they got 150,000 people pay a tenner that would be a miracle! More like 1% imo. I think if they get more than 10,000 they will be doing well! I can't seem them offering the game outside of UK & Ireland due to the various differences in gambling laws around the world. A tenner would be a good amount though and would create a nice little prizepool for it! There is no chance the free game will get cancelled no matter how successful UFPL is.

Their development team should be shot imho. As it stands I have zero interest in this. If I want to play for money, I'll put a few quid in with friends.

If it turns out to be deadlines before everygame, it will be just too much of a clusterfcuk.

Saturday
    1130am deadline.
    1245pm deadline
    1500pm deadline
    1715pm deadline

Sunday
    1330pm deadline
    1600pm deadline

Monday
    2000pm deadline

I'm not even going to start talking about the weeks where you have Tues/Wed games also.

I love FPL because at 1130 Saturday, I can just relax and let the week play out knowing there isn't a thing I can do about it.

All for 1 x 1000 prize per month. Go and buy a scratch card every month instead and I'll bet good money, you'll be up more.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Should have just integrated it into the regular game. No interest keeping up 2 teams, with different rules.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Should have just integrated it into the regular game. No interest keeping up 2 teams, with different rules.

I just thought exactly the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,077 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

is nothing fúcking sacred?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I'd say i'll definitely enter this but I find it strange that they've announced it and given pretty much no information about it.

Degag wrote: »
    I'd say i'll definitely enter this but I find it strange that they've announced it and given pretty much no information about it.

Yeh I thought we would see this open about a week before the main game so all the people desperate for fantasy action sign up to it!

Hard to see this going ahead now with only 10 days or so before the start.

Degag wrote: »
    Hard to see this going ahead now with only 10 days or so before the start.

Yeh its very strange how late they are leaving it. Be surprised if they gave on it completely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Launching 2014/15

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Launching 2014/15

Yeah. Let-down or what

Launching 2014/15

wtf! thats such a joke!!

manual_man wrote: »
    Yeah. Let-down or what

I guess they learnt from the season before last its better to make sure its perfect and not to just roll the site out when its not really been properly tested.

If they didn't have it ready they shouldn't have announced it!

It was fairly obvious that it wasn't going to go ahead about 3 weeks ago really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Free Beta version now taking sign-ups

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ultimate/beta/

No transfers during the season. No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Most other cash games operate on a similiar basis and they work pretty well.

zarquon wrote: »
    Most other cash games operate on a similiar basis and they work pretty well.

Yeah that why I don't play them tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I've stuck my name down for it for the craic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

It says you can get emergency loans for points hits. Sounds like an interesting game to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I like the sound of it.

I bunched for this season in the regular game, so might as well give this a go!

Have signed up.

I think it looks great. If its done well I think it should be pretty interesting. The thing with FPL is if your strategy isn't working you can just go and change it completely or copy someone else with this there really isn't that option. At the start the divide between the casuals and the serious players is likely to be bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Changing captaincy as the gameweek go on seems ridiculous to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

SantryRed wrote: »
    Changing captaincy as the gameweek go on seems ridiculous to me.

Yea it does, I didn't notice that the first time. Sounds very time consuming, I'm not sure people with a life could compete :)

Advertisement