Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TLL New Year Dinner and Drinks, Il baccaro - Dublin 26/01/2013

Options
  • 10-12-2012 6:40pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the private forum we ran a poll to decide on a date for this and came out with January 26th. 13 voted for that day so hopefully if even half of them and a few more from the main forum turn up we might get some good numbers.

Plan is to book a dinner for those who want dinner and then head for some cocktails/beer/whatever so those who can't make or don't want dinner might meet up for drinks or vice versa.

People in here are always talking about getting out more and making new friends so this is a good opportunity for people to do this. Nerves are not allowed, once you've got a drink in your hand you forget that you've never met anyone before, everyone is a bit iffy before they meet up with everyone but seriously, once you've met everyone you will be wondering what the hell you were so nervous about.

Anyway, I'm going to book a table closer to the time for dinner when we've decided on a venue. Suggestions for dinner so far have been Cafe Topolis (my preference as I think Italian restaurants kind of cater for everyones taste buds), Messrs or one of the Yamamori's. Other suggestions + suggestions for drinks venue are most welcome.

Last year we had about 8 for the January meet up, we met in the porterhouse for a beer then went onto dinner and on to the turks head for another beer. For anyone looking for dancin' the more that turn up the more likely you'll get someone to go dancin' with you. A lot of this was organised via pm last year so if anyone has any questions or anything that they don't want to put on the public forum feel free to pm me or ask in the private forum.

Boys/lurkers also welcome.

If you're interested in meeting for the dinner can you list your name below or in the private forum thread if you prefer, that'll make it easier for me to send out pm's and make sure I have enough seats booked for dinner etc

Food list:
    RQ

Last years thread is HERE and yes I did c&p most of it for this one!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I'm in! Last one was fun :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I approve this product and or service

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

bluewolf wrote: »
    I approve this product and or service

Bring Ella. I want to touch her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I am up for food but as I am running a 5 mile run the next day I won't be drinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Bring Ella. I want to touch her.
    You may regret this post :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Me me me me!!! :D

Damn, 'playing it cool' didn't work out there at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

After payday yay, I might attend for the food purely because I'll be living on noodles and cornflakes for January :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Also I like italian more than the others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'm a pretty picky eater, so I won't make a decision on whether I'll make it for food until the restaurant has been decided. Will definitely make it for drinks after though. :)

• Advertisement

I'm a pretty picky eater, so I won't make a decision on whether I'll make it for food until the restaurant has been decided. Will definitely make it for drinks after though. :)

Suggest where you will eat. :)

I won't lie, I'm not keen on yamamori myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

As mentioned already, Italian seems to suit most tastes?

As mentioned already, Italian seems to suit most tastes?

Think it is the most suitable myself, I just didn't want to completely disregard other peoples suggestions. :)

Are folks happy with that then? Is Cafe Topolis OK or can anyone suggest other Italians?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I think I'll come along to this! Bit nervous but count me in!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

awec wrote: »
    Will possibly attend. Don't want to be the only guy at food, if there are no other guys for food I'll head in after.

I might go and break my tLL duck at long last, so to speak..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I might give this a shout :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Will try to make this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'll do my best!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

I'd be on for joining you all for the after-dinner-cocktails (and possibly dancing - always a winner with me) bit of the evening. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Ah bummer! I'm off on a long-awaited family weekend then so I can't go.

Someday...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Hoping to make this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Think it is the most suitable myself, I just didn't want to completely disregard other peoples suggestions. :)

Are folks happy with that then? Is Cafe Topolis OK or can anyone suggest other Italians?
    I've eaten in Cafe Topolis and it's grand, more for a quick bite than a proper meal imo. My favourite Italians are Il Baccaro in Meeting House Square, Dunne. Crescenzi on Sth Frederick St, or La Taverna di Bacco on Ormonde Quay. You regularly see Italians eating in all, always a good sign :D La Taverna or D&C are probably better suited to dealing with a group.

I don't know yet if I can make this, but I'll try :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'll do my best!
    Damn right. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Definitely interested! I don't mind Italian but will eat most things that stay still long enough so anywhere is good with me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

*note to self, don't cook for Chatterpillar, it will most likely be a waste of food!!! :P :pac: (love you really Chat)

I am a barring any disasters yes for this :) My personal preference would be Italian food as it is my favouritest EVAR food

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nickcaved

How about we go to Bar Pintxo for tapas? The safety of tapas is there's something for everyone! We can drink rioja and sangria:)

My only concern is about the men comings along too? This is the ladies lounge so why does men even post here? I want a girls night out with just the giiirllls!!!:)

Also, what does lurkers welcome mean? Sounds creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Men have always been welcome to post in tLL, just as women are welcome to post in the male forum. It isn't a women exclusive forum, more a forum where women's issues are at the forefront. This doesn't mean men can't have an opinion/ideas/suggestions etc on those topics.

We more than welcome the gents along to our meetups and they serve only to enhance our nights out in my opinion (even if just with their entertainment factor!!!!!:P). I don't think it is right to exclude anyone.

As to the term lurkers, they mean people who might read the forums moreso than specifically post on them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I don't think this should be a male-only event, that doesn't fit with the ethos of this forum. Plus we have lovely male posters in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nickcaved

I don't think this should be a male-only event, that doesn't fit with the ethos of this forum. Plus we have lovely male posters in here!

I think it should be a male-only event...except for me of course;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hope I'm off for this be a fun night

Advertisement