Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Gladiator VI "Day of War"

Options
  • 26-11-2012 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

09/02/2013 Citywest hotel Saggart. Door open from 6:30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Mario Laois

Niko Puhakka vs TBA 70kg "A" class
    Mateusz Teodorczuk vs TBA 77kg "A" class
    Tomasz Wodzinski vs TBA 77kg "A" class

Check out our new web www.celticgladiator.com

Niko Puhakka vs Wesley Murch

• Advertisement

"Thursday's Celtic Gladiator News"
    On February 9th Celtic Gladiator will be organizing MMA Fight Night
    for the 6th time.
    We are, hence, starting up a new 5 week cycle called "Thursday's Celtic Gladiator News" in which you will be able to find all the updates and information concerning the topic.
    MMA fans - get prepared for you do not want to miss a chance to see all the great personalities!
    We would like to remind you that Mamhed Khalidov, the best fighter of the European MMA known for his quick knockouts will be our special guest.
    More information coming on Thursday so stay with us and follow carefully...
    For more info just visit our web www.celticgladiator.com

Celtic Gladiator VI "Day of War"
    Fight Card so far

1. Mateusz Teodorczuk vs Ross Pointon 77kg
    2. Niko Puhakka vs Wesley Murch 70kg
    3. Artur Sowinski vs ...................... 70kg
    4. Roman Lubinski 0-1vs Janis Liepnis 84kg
    5. Leszek Dabrowski vs Krzysztof Zukowski 105kg
    6. Krzysztof Karasiewicz 0-1 vs Jarek Manaj70kg
    7. Piotr Zurawski 1-1vs Dwayne Mallone 84kg Title fight
    8. Mateusz Piwowarczyk 1-1 vs ...............77k
    More fights TBA

CG VI Paul Reed vs Artur Sowinski

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dreadskin

Niko Puhakka vs Wesley Murch

I think its a ****ing disgrace you are giving this neo Nazi a platform in Ireland. Not only that u tried to cover it up by airbrushing out his Nazi tattoos! Do you think we are stupid?!?!? There is no place for fascist bigots like this in our sport and definitely not in Ireland! ¡No pasaran!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 sdub

dreadskin wrote: »
    I think its a ****ing disgrace you are giving this neo Nazi a platform in Ireland. Not only that u tried to cover it up by airbrushing out his Nazi tattoos! Do you think we are stupid?!?!? There is no place for fascist bigots like this in our sport and definitely not in Ireland! ¡No pasaran!

well said mate. absolutely sick about this

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

its not the only promotion in ireland that has done this btw, i dont agree with it but some promotions get away with stuff that others dont

done wat? let nazis have a platform? its the only one ive heard about. and it should be stamped out. mma has a bad enough name on the island of ireland. alot of hard work has gone into making the sport more respectable, and pulling it away from the 'human cock fighting' image some have associated with it. putting this scumbag on a bill, flying him and his nazi cronies into the country etc etc etc is ONLY going to damage and destroy the hard work many many people have put into the sport.

also, it makes you wonder about the people organising the event. sympatisers? or just money grabbing whores?

ya they are not the first promotion to put on a fighter with nazi symbols.
    btw i do not support this. im just pointing it out

done wat? let nazis have a platform? its the only one ive heard about. and it should be stamped out. mma has a bad enough name on the island of ireland. alot of hard work has gone into making the sport more respectable, and pulling it away from the 'human cock fighting' image some have associated with it. putting this scumbag on a bill, flying him and his nazi cronies into the country etc etc etc is ONLY going to damage and destroy the hard work many many people have put into the sport.

also, it makes you wonder about the people organising the event. sympatisers? or just money grabbing whores?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sdub

everyone should boycott this event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Absolutely disgusting having a scumbag like this guy on the card - and airbrushing his tats out of the event picture? Did you think we were thick?

Niko Puhakka is a Neo Nazi - and you have him on the show?

I, and others, will be contacting the events sponsors to let them know who is on the card, and who they are sponsoring.

This is the guy in question:

nazi.jpg

And the event poster. Note how his shameful tattoos are covered up, airbrushed out. This suggests that the promoters knew what this guy is like, and they weren't ignorant of his neo nazism when booking him. Shameful.

227750_498542353529692_1234149309_n.jpg

http://www.kulmassa.fi/?p=8352

he actually had his tatts removed, here he is in finland

http://www.kulmassa.fi/?p=8352

he actually had his tatts removed, here he is in finland
    Look closely.

He hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

That's just a cover tatt, or a clever camo job.

234954.jpgTo whom it may concern.

My name is Niko Puhakka I'm a profesional mma fighter With 39 professional fights on my account .I would like to confirm again that I'm NOT a member of any organisation ,group,or movement and Im not representing any physical or political fashist or neo nazi or any other kind of ideology or beliews. Regarding my 2 tatoos (chest placed)they was redone few years ago and I never meant to offend anybody wearing them .But if anyone still thinks that rest of my tatoos are still brutal I have no problem to fight in the Rashguard .I,m fighting in Europe and Asia and I NEVER was offending no one as a fighter and human being I always respect others and thier believs and opinion.It is a pity that my past is still chaseng me and I need to pay for mistakes from the long ago .Once again I would like to pologise if someone felt offendet and ensure all involved that my visit in Ireland got only profesional and sport mather.

Regards
    Niko Puhakka

• Advertisement

He is known to have been associating with far right/fascist bands/groups in 2011 and 2012

Hardly a renunciation of his beliefs is it?

colour me skeptical.

Celtic Gladiator Company Statement about Niko Puhakka

Official statement of the organization the Celtic Gladiator Ltd about slander at fighter Niko Puhakka.
    Celtic Gladiator in no way be confused with the views Neo-Nazi. We never supported and will not support in the future such a move. Celtic Gladiator decided to cooperate with Niko Puhakka with sporting reasons, with a respected fighter. He is ashamed of views that he once preached. His tattoos, which caused much controversy, has been covered many years ago, and no neo-Nazi symbols do not appear on his body. We as an organization do not judge our fighters, because of their past, only by their achievements. we know that the fighter had a long time ago renounced the neo-Nazi views and his old outlook , we decided to work with him, every man make mistakes but the most important thing is to learn from our mistakes, and therefore he deserve a second chance.

Best Regards
    Board of Celtic Gladiator

Thats a lie.

His tats are not covered up, you can clearly see them for fcuks sake!

What a joke of a promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

give the guy a chance for fcuk sakes , he's man enough to apolgise for his past , says he's changed and he wants to move on , surely people from ireland , with our recent past up north and all the positive changes people from all sides have made can acknowledge that and let him prove himself

Yes, people can change. However im reading reports that say otherwise. Ie he is working for blood and honor doing security. He has every reason to lie. He would loose wages if people rightly refuse to share a stage with a NAZI!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Yes, people can change. However im reading reports that say otherwise. Ie he is working for blood and honor doing security. He has every reason to lie. He would loose wages if people rightly refuse to share a stage with a NAZI!

That's the thing though, how solid are these reports/sources? I'm not disregarding them but we really should make sure they're true before we start slating any individual, regardless of their past.

However, if they are true, I agree with everything you've said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

"reports" well if its on the internet it must be true i suppose . i could care less if people go to the show or boycott it , but the man said in the letter above its in the past and wants to move on , so if he means it let him fight away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

His tats are not covered.

The only issue I have with the promoter is this guy being on the card

• Advertisement

Aye, it ain't the promoter that'd the problem...

Advertisement