Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is pulling so hard?

Options
  • 29-07-2012 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

On a serious dry run when it comes to pullin on a night out, what makes it so difficult? A good night out cannot be called such, unless you pull.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I find pulling so easy that I have to resort to pushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

EdenHazard wrote: »
    On a serious dry run when it comes to pullin on a night out, what makes it so difficult? A good night out cannot be called such, unless you pull.

Your doing it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

I got two shifts last night OP :pac:

Are you perhaps an ugly person?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

You're better off pulling in the privacy of your own home. You're leaving yourself open to stage fright if you pull on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

Women can spot desperation a mile away.

You can have a good night without pulling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

If you go out with the sole aim of trying to pull, you won't.
    Go out and enjoy yourself and the women will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

A good night out cannot be called such, unless you pull.

That would be the problem. Stop trying so hard, it makes you self conscious. Women can sense self consciousness same as dogs can smell fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It's only hard if you care about it. It's actually quite easy if you don't give a fook and are willing to lower your standards before 230.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Get a big furry belly and breaking the ice by asking girls to rub it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

If you go out with the sole aim of trying to pull, you won't.
    Grout and enjoy yourself and the women will come.
    Indeed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Everyone goes through dry patches sometimes; sounds like a cliche but try not to think about it.

(1) You'll be more chilled out; women can sense that.
    (2) It probably hasn't been as long as it feels; by over thinking it you're likely to be enlarging the problem in your own head.

Also, get yourself a decent wingman, and keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Have you considered getting rid of the Justin Beiber t-shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Are you trying to 'pull' boys or girls OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Are you perhaps an ugly person?
    EdenHazard? Ugly? I* think not!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76264071

*he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

HOS 1997 wrote: »

Yep. Thank jaysus for the balaclava.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Are you still starting these ****ty threads about 'pulling' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lube it up before you pull it

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

there was a story one time about an arab man somewhere in saudi arabia who would drive around picking up women by only using
    his bluetooth phone. he was caught and punished. very sad story. you could try that man, stay at home, drink loads of cans, set your bluetooth to visible and watch the wimminz comes to thee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazen_Abdul-Jawad

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

maybe they're just threatened because you're really, really, ridiculously good looking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This +1000. The less you care and the more craic you're having the easier it is. Sounds counterintuitive, but basically don't try to pull. Ever wonder why blokes sometimes moan that they're batin the ladies off with a pooey stick when in a relationship, or they've just broken up from one and they've no interest? That's the guts of why.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wibbs wrote: »
    This +1000. The less you care and the more craic you're having the easier it is. Sounds counterintuitive, but basically don't try to pull. Ever wonder why blokes sometimes moan that they're batin the ladies off with a pooey stick when in a relationship, or they've just broken up from one and they've no interest? That's the guts of why.

this, when I'm seeing someone I get chatted up, cos I don't go out specifically to meet people and have that air of not caring, you're not standing there trying to catch people's eye and just enjoy the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Stop using "Hoi Gorgeous, fancy a shag?" as your greeting. Some wimmins find it off-putting. Also, stop leering, seriously, just stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Pottler wrote: »
    Stop using "Hoi Gorgeous, fancy a shag?" as your greeting. Some wimmins find it off-putting. Also, stop leering, seriously, just stop it.

But surely wimmins like being rated out of 10??? :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

You'd swear your account was left open on your laptop/computer/whatever and your friends decide to post shíte like this on a regular basis.

On topic: don't be such a try hard on a night out. Just go with the flow and enjoy it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...A good night out cannot be called such, unless you pull.

I dunno!
    I've had many a good night out with friends without going 'on the pull'. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

This. Think of sharks smelling blood in the water, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

You can't beat the public reassurance and insecurity threads from some posters.
    Its like a puppy looking for the odd treat and pat on the back.
    Have you considered PI?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Don't go out with the aim to pull. Just go out with the aim to have fun.
    If you see a girl that catches your eye, go talk to her.
    Talk as in "conversation" not talk as in "howiya love, wanna grind on the dance floor".

Also helps if you don't go to overly loud places (or at least places that have a section that's a bit more quiet where you can talk).

And if you're going to clubs that charge a cover charge, hike the price up after midnight and serve 6 euro pints, you might want to try another venue. Unless you're planning on going on the pull while you and the lady are both hammered and more than likely won't remember it the net day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I have to say EdenHazard you're growing on me. Not because you're all Justin Bieber this and Justin Bieber that, but because you remind me of a friend. Now I'm guessing your about 16/17, amIright?
    As you get older you will go through changes and become more confident in yourself. It's easy to pull when you know who you are and what you want.
    Take up bodybuilding. Your testosterone will be through the roof brah and the women will fall. It's all size brah ;)
    Stay away from the Juice though until you turn 21. You don't want to mess up your endocrine system.
    Workout at least 5 days a week and make sure to get plenty of rest. Drink lots of milk and make sure you're getting 3 liters of water in to your body each day.
    BCAAs can be very helpful, more so than protein power I find.
    Make sure you're getting plenty of Vitamin C, Zinc and Omega 3s 6s and 9s.
    Take a multivitamin too and you'll be flying in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I have to say EdenHazard you're growing on me. Not because you're all Justin Bieber this and Justin Bieber that, but because you remind me of a friend. Now I'm guessing your about 16/17, amIright?
    As you get older you will go through changes and become more confident in yourself. It's easy to pull when you know who you are and what you want.
    Take up bodybuilding. Your testosterone will be through the roof brah and the women will fall. It's all size brah ;)
    Stay away from the Juice though until you turn 21. You don't want to mess up your endocrine system.
    Workout at least 5 days a week and make sure to get plenty of rest. Drink lots of milk and make sure you're getting 3 liters of water in to your body each day.
    BCAAs can be very helpful, more so than protein power I find.
    Make sure you're getting plenty of Vitamin C, Zinc and Omega 3s 6s and 9s.
    Take a multivitamin too and you'll be flying in no time.

:confused:
    He wants the ride, not The World's Strongest Man award :P

Advertisement