Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

Agueroooo wrote: »
    is that only on Enigma?

if you use Spark does the judder disappear or am i missing something here?

pm might be best

Yes, no judder on Spark, but it's rather limited when compared to Enigma, no autobouquets, autotimers, CoolTVguide or the rest of the plugins etc.

BTW, Championc, there is a show stopping bug for me in your Hyperion image. SPDIF sound output is not working on some channels (depending on the type of sound they carry), PCM works fine. I don't use the TV speakers so my sound doesn't go over HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭championc

smee again wrote: »
    BTW, Championc, there is a show stopping bug for me in your Hyperion image. SPDIF sound output is not working on some channels (depending on the type of sound they carry), PCM works fine. I don't use the TV speakers so my sound doesn't go over HDMI.

Did you ever use my AR-P Image ? Just wondering if it's the same for all Python 2.7 Based Images.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Has the judder been sorted yet on any image availble for enigma?

If your tv supports 1080 then go to av settings and put refresh rate to 25. Thats a temp fix.

hallo dare wrote: »
    If your tv supports 1080 then go to av settings and put refresh rate to 25. Thats a temp fix.

That doesn't work well on all TV's, depends on the refresh rate of the TV. Looks terrible on mine

That doesn't work well on all TV's, depends on the refresh rate of the TV. Looks terrible on mine

That's on the box you did it, not on the tv, right?

• Advertisement

hallo dare wrote: »
    That's on the box you did it, not on the tv, right?

Yes, in AV settings

championc wrote: »
    Did you ever use my AR-P Image ? Just wondering if it's the same for all Python 2.7 Based Images.

Yes, that is what I flashed back to, it works fine

Can someone upload a working Autobouquets for Champions Open-ARP, I've messed mine up and can't get it working and don't want to re-flash

Can someone upload a working Autobouquets for Champions Open-ARP, I've messed mine up and can't get it working and don't want to re-flash

Try this - the latest version. Runs in under a minute
    https://app.box.com/s/t002v1ec1teo8timkg4n
    Set permissions on Autobouquets_e2.sh and Autoboquetsreader both to 755

Also, latest version of TSMedia
    https://app.box.com/s/r8z8ov6krze9robsn17r

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

alternative to autobouquets, ftp to relevent folders, it should be in plugins, manual update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

hi lads this is a head wrecker i bought a amiko alien2 triple tuner 2nd hand 2 weeks ago everything was fine untill i tried a new skin, im operating e2 hdmu image and vizcam emu, then the box crashed on bootup and kept crashing on bootup so i had to flash a new firmware ive scanned in my local sat of 28e but alot of stations wont clear for me such as boomerang.sky action,bio,gold+ and a good few more ive tried a few other different images but still have this same problem i even upgraded spark firmware but still no joy its a very strange one and has me stumped would it be a tuner problem ive hooked up a different receiver to my lnb cable and all work fine on that so not a lnb problem why would they of being clearing after i had got it but not now after the crashing of box can anyone help thanks

The way to identify a tuner issue is to look at what is clearing and what's not - do maybe all horizontal clear and not vertical (or vise versa). Or do all the non-clearing ones reside on the same frequency ? If you have a single output LNB, move the cable into the other LNB connector instead. If you have a local card, is there any chance of Sly blocking the card for use only in the original receiver ?

I wonder would installing a new satellite.xml file cure the non clearing of channels.

stanley1 wrote: »
    alternative to autobouquets, ftp to relevent folders, it should be in plugins, manual update.

I don't want to do that, I want to have auto updating bouquets so I can clone the image for customers.

I can't get Autobouquets back working no matter what I try. I've tried removing and reinstalling a few different versions and none work. Not sure what to try next. Pity about the sound problems in the latest Hyperion which are also present in the latest Open-AR-P, but not in an older one

Did you not install the IPK I linked to above ?

Did you not install the IPK I linked to above ?

Yes, it didn't work, no versions work so something is wrong. I've since flashed my backup of your latest Open-AR-P and I've figured the sound, it takes a good few seconds for my receiver to detect the type of sound, but I can kick start it by adjusting the volume a little. Annoying, but it works. My customers mostly use sound over HDMI so it does not affect them.

Did you install from the IPK via Telnet or did you 7-zip extract the files and FTP to the box ?

Did you install from the IPK via Telnet or did you 7-zip extract the files and FTP to the box ?

Tried both, copied the IPK to /tmp and installed through software managment, it went through the motions of installing but nothing was copied to
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/. Then I extracted it and FTP'd it across but it gives the same bin/sh error.

I'm now using your latest Open-Ar-P which is working fine except for the audio problems

Did you CHMOD the two files ?

I think I might delete the AR-P image since it's basically the same as Hyperion but without streaming :)

Yes.

Open-AR-P is the better image IMO.

• Advertisement

In your latest Open-AR-P, in CoolTVGuide plugin |<< and >>| is page up and down, there seems to be no key mapped to +24hours which always defaults to |<< and >>| in other images

Edit: looking at the keymap you have it set that previous and next buttons are page up and down

Sorted this by copying in the old keymap, here it is for anyone wants it, copy it to /usr/share/enigma2 and enable it in menu->setup->system->keymap. It moves the audio selection to the yellow button
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56355/keymap_new.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Hopefully this is the fix we've all be waiting for! Looks like there may be a solution for the judder problem on Alien 2;

http://dev.duckbox.info/
    [SPARK7162] fix tuner Signal lost when get tuner status bring on judder problem
    thank for Jens hertrampf provide the detailed recur step.
    sorry to every sparkfuns for so later fix this bug.
    very sorry

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

purchased box has AR-P preloaded but I like championc's image with all the additions already loaded.

Can I just overwrite one with the other, or is there any remaining files or settings that I need to worry about when changing over?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

purchased box has AR-P preloaded but I like championc's image with all the additions already loaded.

Can I just overwrite one with the other, or is there any remaining files or settings that I need to worry about when changing over?

you should be able to just overwrite.
    your recordings will not be touched (you are probably removing the hard disk if you have one during the install)
    You would loose any extra plugins that you installed but that should be a matter of just reinstalling them.

What you could do is take a backup of your current image (use spark to do this) that way if you loose something you can get it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Hopefully this is the fix we've all be waiting for! Looks like there may be a solution for the judder problem on Alien 2;

http://dev.duckbox.info/

How quickly do they usually release an update?

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    How quickly do they usually release an update?

You just need to wait until it filters into the next versions of Enigma compiled for this box. Watch these threads:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/amiko-alien-2-images-e2-spark/

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Question about Spark!

Has anyone run into trouble installing a Spark rescue image on Alien2? They need to be installed from a USB key using the FORC boot method. You get flashing U LD for a few minutes then it is meant to reboot itself. I read on the Satstation forum that it may be necessary to install rescue image 1.2.65 (then update to 1.2.68 in the usual way) in order to stop those 'No Infos' from appearing where program titles should be under crossepg.

I've tried 4 or 5 different usb keys including a Kingston Datatraveler 101 16GB Key. The U LD flashes on the display for a few mins then just stays there not flashing anymore.

Maybe I'm just still unlucky in not yet managing to find a compatible usb key that you can install Spark firmware from?

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Question about Spark!

Has anyone run into trouble installing a Spark rescue image on Alien2? They need to be installed from a USB key using the FORC boot method. You get flashing U LD for a few minutes then it is meant to reboot itself. I read on the Satstation forum that it may be necessary to install rescue image 1.2.65 (then update to 1.2.68 in the usual way) in order to stop those 'No Infos' from appearing where program titles should be under crossepg.

I've tried 4 or 5 different usb keys including a Kingston Datatraveler 101 16GB Key. The U LD flashes on the display for a few mins then just stays there not flashing anymore.

Maybe I'm just still unlucky in not yet managing to find a compatible usb key that you can install Spark firmware from?

Flex

I have two 4gb kingston usb keys and only one of them works when I want to flash the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 LraiZer

the link you have given in post #2410 is for the mips32el ipk installer, you wont get that to work on amiko alien2. you need the installer version that was compiled for the sh4 arch. try the sh4 ipk installer in this archive OR copy the folder tree over and then replace the autobouquetsreader (mipsel) file that is currently in the folder for the sh4 autobouquetsreader one that is in the binaries.tar.gz archive that has been compiled for sh4 boxes like the amiko alien2.

enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-e2_201308251700_all

PS. make sure you have removed all previous crash logs from your hdd before installing autobouquets, as some images automatically remove plugins like autobouquets or refuse to even install them if there are previously reported crashes detected in your old crash logs that are still on your hdd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement