Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

thanks guys, yeah im sure ill have lots of questions, ill keep ye posted. patience i need patience.

If you can't flash the image via spark plug in menu i suggest you follow this guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

i can telnet onto the harddrive but still cannot get any epg data to load or cant make any recordings, anyone any idea

deaglan169 wrote: »
    i can telnet onto the harddrive but still cannot get any epg data to load or cant make any recordings, anyone any idea

You need to mount it.
    Pkt bluepanel->disk->HDD manager. Then press green.

ignore my ignorance but how do i do that is that through a menu on box?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Through the menu

• Advertisement

i must be using a different image because i have nothing like that in my harddisk menu options

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭championc

BluePanel is in Hyperion image.

The HDD should auto mount with either my AR-P or Hyperion images

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

championc wrote: »
    Here's a link to my complete Hyperion-2 based Image

https://app.box.com/s/a7z674n3l1skndqjg9yx

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, 1channel, Icefilms, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank - no line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, OpenWebIf, Streaming channels separate from one being watched - yipee, SambaServer, PermanentTimeShift and IPTV Updater v1.1.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. I've updated the Enigma2 thread.

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below :)

Just spotted this update, would you have another link for it? It looks like your box account is out of bandwidth.

Thanks man

Someone said before that when this happened last month, that you can download the folder instead of the individual files.

Let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Someone said before that when this happened last month, that you can download the folder instead of the individual files.

Let me know

Ah good stuff job done thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Just spotted this update, would you have another link for it? It looks like your box account is out of bandwidth.

Thanks man

Just checked on my mobile and it's working fine.

if i install this new image do i need to modify the folders on the hd as i think im running a satstation image

You should have no user data on your box so flashing an image is only overwriting the previous one. I think the record paths are consistent across images

I can see oscam via FTP in the box but I can't find how to turn on the app in hyperion app menu. Help please.

I can see oscam via FTP in the box but I can't find how to turn on the app in hyperion app menu. Help please.

Pkt bluepanel->emu manager

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Pkt bluepanel->emu manager

Thanks I will have a look for that.

Great found it where it always was. Nice 1 thanks a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 BAA RAM EWE

If you use my image, you can look at the Web Interface by browsing to http://box_ip:8888, username root password oscam
    Where does the 8888 come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

A computer programme that has a web interface is run from a browser by specifying the computers IP address and a Port Number (e.g 8888). The port number is a channel of communication the browser uses to run the OSCam program and display its info in the web browser.

Port 8888 is specified in the [webif] section of the oscam.conf file. You could change it to another port if you wanted.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

hey there

does anyone else find the Opera browser on the AA2 (SPARK) extremely unresponsive when using the remote control? I have not used it much to be honest but the other day I decided to play around with it (was bored), took ages to load certain pages, on Google I couldn't figure out how to navigate down the search results, it was either very slow or just not working so I gave up eventually. The actual apps (FILMON etc) seem fine and the broadband connection is 50MB wired and speed/quality is bang on. Is the browser designed just for use with the wireless keyboard add on or should it have some kind of functionality via the remote ? (similar to how the PS3 browser navigation works for example).

not really a big issue but just curious now so any thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers

A question to you and all other Spark users - I'm very interested as to why you bought this box ? I think I and the majority of others saw "Linux" and "Enigma2" and that was all the sales pitch I needed.

Using a web browser on this box seems completely pointless (but maybe it's a good fit to the aspirations or direction of Spark !!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

personally I bought it because it has the triple tuner functionality and for the dual boot option with every intention of using Enigma2 but after setting up I found Spark adequate for my purposes and after initial forays into Enigma2 I just stuck with Spark. I always have the option of switching back but right now time is at a premium so Spark works and seems pretty reliable (plus wife & kids are used to it).

I agree that the web browser is pointless hence why I hadn't really used it since I bought it but like I said I was bored and playing with it the other day so was just curious as to how other people have found it, if this is an Enigma2 only forum then no worries.

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

A question to you and all other Spark users - I'm very interested as to why you bought this box ? I think I and the majority of others saw "Linux" and "Enigma2" and that was all the sales pitch I needed.

Using a web browser on this box seems completely pointless (but maybe it's a good fit to the aspirations or direction of Spark !!).

I bought it as a cheap second box for my spare room for the Linux side but the HD judder problem has forced me back to Spark on it unfortunately as I watch a lot of sport. My Vu+ keeps me going on the Linux side.

You get what you pay for though, it's a cheap SH4 box that doesn't quiet live up to the MIPS big boys on the E2 side. Having said that it's not a bad little box and Spark has really come on a long way since it's first release, it's rock solid and with a full 7 day EPG and SuperIPTV.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I bought it as a cheap second box for my spare room for the Linux side but the HD judder problem has forced me back to Spark on it unfortunately as I watch a lot of sport. My Vu+ keeps me going on the Linux side.

You get what you pay for though, it's a cheap SH4 box that doesn't quiet live up to the MIPS big boys on the E2 side. Having said that it's not a bad little box and Spark has really come on a long way since it's first release, it's rock solid and with a full 7 day EPG and SuperIPTV.

Has the judder been sorted yet on any image availble for enigma?

Agueroooo wrote: »

No, unfortunately not.

No not on Alien 2, it seems to be driver problem with SH4 chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

NUTZZ wrote: »
    No not on Alien 2, it seems to be driver problem with SH4 chips.

It's a fault on the satellite that is affecting SH4 chips. Some Sky boxes are also affected, Sky just swap them out for a different box that doesn't suffer. I read that the satellite is due for replacement in November anyway, but then again, Sky have a new system being rolled out where all cardsharers could lose HD (SD will work as it's unlikely they'll replace every single SD box)

smee again wrote: »
    It's a fault on the satellite that is affecting SH4 chips. Some Sky boxes are also affected, Sky just swap them out for a different box that doesn't suffer. I read that the satellite is due for replacement in November anyway, but then again, Sky have a new system being rolled out where all cardsharers could lose HD (SD will work as it's unlikely they'll replace every single SD box)

That's the most likely case alright but no no one knows for sure.

There were reports it was affecting some older Sky boxes and then of course SH4 boxes. Some people think it could sort itself out when the new Astra 2E satellite launches at the end of the year (it has already been delayed) and channels are moved on to it.

It is a driver issue though with Fulan boxes as it doesn't happen on MIPS based receivers. The chip manufacturer did look into but a solution from them has been dropped it seems.
    Sky have a new system being rolled out where all cardsharers could lose HD (SD will work as it's unlikely they'll replace every single SD box

Also just to add, aside from Sky and subscription channels, it's also affecting ITV Meridian HD which is a FTA channel. And it also happens on Thor (0.8°W)

:confused:
    is the end of cardsharing nigh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

:confused:
    is the end of cardsharing nigh?

Not yet, not unless Sky replace every single subscribers SD box with a new HD box. It's only a matter of time until it'll be cracked anyway, cat and mouse games. We may lose HD for a while, but it's not working on this box very well anyway

• Advertisement

Not yet, not unless Sky replace every single subscribers SD box with a new HD box. It's only a matter of time until it'll be cracked anyway, cat and mouse games. We may lose HD for a while, but it's not working on this box very well anyway

is that only on Enigma?

if you use Spark does the judder disappear or am i missing something here?

pm might be best

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement