Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

Options
  • 23-04-2012 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Are you ****ing kidding

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-s-serinna-in-despair-over-home-for-kids-1-3764536

I know this was already posted in the limerick forum, but... are you kidding? Jesus christ, some people.

**************MOD NOTE******************

From here.

Okay, people, can we tone down the aggressive name-calling of this woman, please?

I understand that it's an emotive subject for many of you, but there's no need for outright name-calling.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Please don't link to this woman's Facebook or any other social media. The next person that does it, will be getting a ban.

**************MOD NOTE******************

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i know its a disgrace, no indoor pool either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Holy feck, my mother raised 7 in a 3 bed house until I was 13 and we did grand!

I shared a room with my 4 brothers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

She is complaining about the standard of the house. Totally different to what you are trying to imply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

with a fifth child on the way, Serinna has said enough is enough.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

maybe she should try closing her legs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

She is a ****ing disgrace.

Her 18 month old should be sleeping in her room and not passing the kid off to her teenager to babysit.

And she is expecting another kid......Jesus H. Christ...........<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

FatherLen wrote: »
    maybe she should try closing her legs.

I wish you were a real priest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

BURN THE WITCH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

This is the fruit of our welfare system. Those that won't contribute out-breed the rest of us and whinge when we can't afford to provide for them in the manner they'd like.

ADHD my arse, gob****e of a mother more like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If there was smoke coming into the kids bedrooms, and a danger of carbon monoxide poisoning, why the **** did she stay anyway?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

cloud493 wrote: »
    Are you ****ing kidding

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-s-serinna-in-despair-over-home-for-kids-1-3764536

I know this was already posted in the limerick forum, but... are you kidding? Jesus christ, some people.

Same reaction there. What planet are some of these people on. Claims her children were in danger of carbon monoxide poisoning for eighteen months, but gets pregnant again anyway..

Cases like this are why things like child benefit should reduce when you have more children, not increase. To try and discourage people who cannot afford to have large families from having them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Bunk beds. Simples

/Did not read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

<snip>

I suppose she's entitled to it...keep popping them out misses, I suppose your disadvantaged aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Why would any mother choose to have more children if they are already living in poor housing? This "lady" chooses to blame the government but she was the one who choose to bring at least 2 more children into this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

<snip>

Bunk beds. Simples

/Did not read

more space for activities

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

Decent housing should be provided, fair enough, but a room for every child? I may be getting old but if I was in a position where it was obvious I could not provide for the children I had, I would stop getting pregnant rather than expecting the government to cater for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Live in squalor.

Kids at risk from Carbon monoxide.

Solution?

Have more kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Great country, this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

<snip> My parents raised 6 of us in a small 4 bed and never had anything to complain about.

And she's having more kids? Probably to get more child benefit...

DarkJager wrote: »
    <snip>

YEAH!! and punch her in the tit......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

She is a prime example of the gene pool being dumbed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yes if only everyone stopped getting pregnant...

Do you want a large family: No
    If you accidently get pregnant will you go over to England for a termination: No
    Will you give the child up for adoption when it is born : No

Ok, you're not allowed to get pregnant, under any circumstance. If you do I will call you a slut and you and your kids deserve to live in a home that is well below standard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

WindSock wrote: »

If you accidently get pregnant will you go over to England for a termination: No

Ok, you're not allowed to get pregnant, under any circumstance. If you do I will call you a slut and you and your kids deserve to live in a home that is well below standard.

Wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The more kids she has the happier the house will be.

Seriously she would want to close her legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Seaneh wrote: »
    Holy feck, my mother raised 7 in a 3 bed house until I was 13 and we did grand!

I shared a room with my 4 brothers!

Barracks

there is a wonderful and cheap solution to all of that.
    contraception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Do you use contraception? - yes

Also the story makes no mention of the childrens father(s)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Wut?

Just trying to see where the moral outrage is coming from in here and what the woman is expected to do if she get pregnant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement