Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&P Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Just got one - thanks for posting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Just ordered tags from that ebay seller you linked to, anniehoo. Can't believe I'll get seven, engraved tags for less than a tenner! Maxi Zoo charge €8 or €9 per tag, which is so expensive for a cat that keeps losing their collar! Usually I get identitags but at the rate Eddie and Joe's collars are falling off, these tags will be just the ticket. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Eddie's down to 1 out of the 3 tags I bought a few weeks ago. Soooo glad I didn't pay €8+ each for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

There are some fantastic bargains on Zooplus UK from 10am today (28/4) until 10pm tonight only on Cat stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

thanks for the ebay tag link :)
    My dog has just been diagnosed with diabetes and I wanted a tag for his collar to show that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Not technically a pet bargain but Arnotts.ie (and in store presumably) have brilliant reductions on towels, up to 80% off. Spotted on the main bargain alerts thread yesterday. It's something we probably all use for our pets between baths and just drying off after a rainy day, or even crate liners. I have a "pet towel" cupboard for my lot as I use a fair few between the beach and underneath them for raw feeding. I'll be recycling some more of my older towels into the pet towel press when my new ones arrive.

http://www.arnotts.ie/category/bathroom/400450/?fhparams=fh_eds%253d%25c3%259f%2526fh_view_size%253d16%2526fh_refview%253dlister%2526fh_refpath%253dfacet_10%2526fh_reffacet%253duda_brand%2526fh_location%253d%252f%252fcatalog01%252fen_IE%252fcategories%253c%257bcatalog01_c400%257d%252fcategories%253c%257bcatalog01_c400_c400450%257d%252fuda_brand%253e%257bkingsley%257d&sort=&numberOfItems=16

I got 11 towels for €57, normal price would be €270 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

For those driven distracted by shedding dogs now that it's getting warmer (all my clothes are now blonde, like my Lab!:o) I bought this on Amazon... cheapest I've seen by far.
    Used Parcel Motel, and received it within a week. Used it for the first time this morning, got tonnes of hair into a bag. I've been told they normally retail for 50 quid-ish.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/FURminator-DeShedding-Tool-Large-Dogs/dp/B000FSN0A4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399467686&sr=8-2&keywords=furminator

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

karlyk1 wrote: »
    For those driven distracted by shedding dogs now that it's getting warmer (all my clothes are now blonde, like my Lab!:o) I bought this on Amazon... cheapest I've seen by far.
    Used Parcel Motel, and received it within a week. Used it for the first time this morning, got tonnes of hair into a bag. I've been told they normally retail for 50 quid-ish.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/FURminator-DeShedding-Tool-Large-Dogs/dp/B000FSN0A4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399467686&sr=8-2&keywords=furminator

They are great, but be very careful using them. Dont use it too much or else it will pull out all the undercoat so try not go too mad with it. I ruined my young rottie bitch's coat with it and took ages to grow back so be very careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Yeah, I know, you have to be very gentle with it and only use it once, perhaps twice, a week during shedding. Used it on her the first time and she seemed to like it. The amount of hairs she's leaving about the place is unreal...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I discovered these on Amazon last night - half the price of the compostable poo bags I bought in Jan! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0083II8TQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

The reason I'm buying compostable instead of normal biodegradable is that CityBin allow dog poo in the brown bin as long as it's in a compostable bag ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

tk123 wrote: »
    I discovered these on Amazon last night - half the price of the compostable poo bags I bought in Jan! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0083II8TQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

The reason I'm buying compostable instead of normal biodegradable is that CityBin allow dog poo in the brown bin as long as it's in a compostable bag ;)

Thanks for the tip. I just bought!

Zooplus have dualscan microchip flaps on offer at the moment. Brilliant idea for multicat homes as you can programme it to let some of the cats in/out and not affect the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Zooplus has some offers on interactive feeders for dogs at the moment. :)

Anyone have any discount codes for the site?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

John O'dwyer vets in limerick are offering microchipping for 10 euro for the month of June.

Zooplus.ie have 1.5kg bags of Lupo Natural Swiss Chicken in the rewards shop for 99 points. It looks similar to Markus Muhle and you can add multiple bags ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Possible bargain alert for any raw/home feeders or anyone who fancies making some sausages lol :p - Homestore and more in blanch are selling off small mincers for €20. Not sure how they'd handle bones but worth a punt for €20!

tk123 wrote: »
    Possible bargain alert for any raw/home feeders or anyone who fancies making some sausages lol :p - Homestore and more in blanch are selling off small mincers for €20. Not sure how they'd handle bones but worth a punt for €20!

Would be worth getting for the offal alone, my butcher gives me free livers & kidneys, but I can't stomach cutting it up as Coco won't eat it sliced, I have to cut it into tiny pieces and hide it.

I went round to homestore and more and they had the mincer but I didn't buy it (yet!), I have a feeling it might be one of those things that gets confined to the back of the press, I'd rather buy a good one that did all the grinding if I needed it.

But I did notice they had started to stack up pet stuff - hard beds, bowls, toys, treats - thinking back it was August last year that they had their pet stuff half price. I reckon it's going to be running again, the offer text will probably be sent by the weekend :)

I went round to homestore and more and they had the mincer but I didn't buy it (yet!), I have a feeling it might be one of those things that gets confined to the back of the press, I'd rather buy a good one that did all the grinding if I needed it.

But I did notice they had started to stack up pet stuff - hard beds, bowls, toys, treats - thinking back it was August last year that they had their pet stuff half price. I reckon it's going to be running again, the offer text will probably be sent by the weekend :)

Debenhams have some good ones. I remember looking at their online site last year when we were thinking of putting our cats on raw.

• Advertisement

Got one recently in Lidl for €50. It's still in the box. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Do you have a Kenwood mixer? I bought a mincer attachment for mine and it works great. I mince drumsticks in it.

toadfly wrote: »
    Do you have a Kenwood mixer? I bought a mincer attachment for mine and it works great. I mince drumsticks in it.

No, I have very few gadgets, as they tend to get confined to the back of the press! The steamer, juicer, and george foreman grill are all gathering dust and need to be either used or dumped! The only thing I use with any regularity is a small hand blender!

I'd love a food processor but cost and the fact that I know it would probably get very little use stop me getting one. I've got a 3 tier steamer in the cupboard that I took out of the box, washed, dried, put back in the box and never used. It's been in the cupboard for at least 3 years.

Amazon have good discounts on Mikki grooming brushes. I was looking for a slicker brush with the little balls on the end for the cats and I got 2 for about 7 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

boomerang wrote: »
    Got one recently in Lidl for €50. It's still in the box. :p

got the one from Lidl too - broken already

Feckit LittleMissDiva, how did it break? I only want to use mine for mincing heart and liver pieces. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

boomerang wrote: »
    Feckit LittleMissDiva, how did it break? I only want to use mine for mincing heart and liver pieces. :P

was my fault tbh I wanted to mince smashed chicken drumsticks. even they have been smashed it was to much for *him*. so I guess heart and liver will be fine. have you tried to dehydrate heart and liver? my ones love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Gain Dog Foods have a breeder's scheme where you can get 2 x 15kg bags for €59.95 every three months.

That's a saving of about €16 as my local shop is €38 for each 15kg bag.

The deliveries are completed by Dogfooddirect.

http://gainfeeds.com/pet/special-offer-gain-breeder-club/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Lemlin wrote: »
    Gain Dog Foods have a breeder's scheme where you can get 2 x 15kg bags for €59.95 every three months.

That's a saving of about €16 as my local shop is €38 for each 15kg bag.

The deliveries are completed by Dogfooddirect.

http://gainfeeds.com/pet/special-offer-gain-breeder-club/

As far as I'm aware, all major dog foods have breeders schemes, but you have to have a minimum amount of breeding bitches and order a minimum over a specified timeframe. They really are aimed at breeders.

Advertisement