Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AXA Raheny 5 miler 29/1/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

4 stars (good)
    Rovers2001 - 45:00
    Tunguska - 26:15(wildly optimistic but what the hell)
    Petermijackson - 30:59 (Provided I get the all clear from Physio tomorrow)
    7mile-29.29.
    pconn062: I'm going to got out on a limb here and say sub 32, but more than likely it will be around 32.30

(tunguska- 26.15 :eek:, holy crap!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I'm in & really looking forward to it. Just over 33 mins last year so hoping for about 32 minutes this time round. I hope they sort out the chip timing this year
    as it was all over the place the last time. There was people who had slower chip times than me but were ranked higher & those who had faster times but were ranked lower. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭plodder

4 stars (good)
    7mile-29.29.
    pconn062: I'm going to got out on a limb here and say sub 32, but more than likely it will be around 32.30
    Plodder: 33:59 (hoping to knock nearly a minute of last week's XC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

7mile-29.29.
    claralara: 37:29

There are some horrible bets going on in my log - this is a hugely optimistic call (an expectation of 5 minutes off last year's time...) No idea what the hell I'm thinking but sure I might as well go for it!! :rolleyes::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

3 stars (average)
    7mile-29.29.
    There are some horrible bets going on in my log - this is a hugely optimistic call (an expectation of 5 minutes off last year's time...) No idea what the hell I'm thinking but sure I might as well go for it!! :rolleyes::eek:

Average_Runner 36:10 (not fully fit yet so expect low 36)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

3 stars (average)
    7mile-29.29.
    RayCun - 32.29 (unlikely, but what the hell)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

7mile-29.29.
    PWEI - 32:30 (will be very very dissappointed if I don't)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

7mile-29.29.
    Nerraw - 29.29 (optimistic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

7mile-29.29.
    ecoli - 27.25 (wait for me at the finish Tunguska if you hit that time so I can shake your hand:D)

3 stars (average)
    Did anyone receive their numbers yet after booking online? (Not the physical number, just the information)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

4 stars (good)
    Pretty sure numbers are only given out on the day.

7mile-29.29.
    ecoli - 27.25 (wait for me at the finish Tunguska if you hit that time so I can shake your handbiggrin.gif)
    cwgatling - 28:59

3 stars (average)
    on facebook they say
    Race Numbers will be distributed in Scoil Aine (opposite Raheny Garda Station) from 11.30am on race day. It would greatly facilitate the collection process if competitors knew their race number in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

4 stars (good)
    Thought you meant the physical bib/number. It's on the confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

3 stars (average)
    Jaysis I must be doing something wrong:/(all them good times and me with my 45min.be glad to finish it around then or before be a nice achievement for me.have a great day Sunday enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

I've had to pull out of this due to injury :mad:. Best of luck to everyone, I'll probably go along and give my support instead!!

4 stars (good)
    rovers2001 wrote: »
    Jaysis I must be doing something wrong:/(all them good times and me with my 45min.be glad to finish it around then or before be a nice achievement for me.have a great day Sunday enjoy.

Each to their own, there will be plenty behind you, just enjoy the race!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

4 stars (good)
    RayCun wrote: »
    Did anyone receive their numbers yet after booking online? (Not the physical number, just the information)

Yep it was on my confirmation email

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

ecoli wrote: »
    ecoli - 27.25 (wait for me at the finish Tunguska if you hit that time so I can shake your hand:D)

Like I said, could be wildly optimistic but I'll be going all out for it anyway. The kitchen sink is being thrown at this bad boy.

3 stars (average)
    Didn't get a confirmation mail... but it's okay, I've got my number from active.com

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kandikane

RayCun wrote: »
    yeah, it's a great race, great atmosphere on the day.
    There are two kids races - an 800m and a mile - beforehand (at least I presume they'll be on this year too)

i have 2 nephews who are looking to do this race 14 and 15 years old can anyone tell me how i can get them registered for the race and what time the teens race starts at??

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    kandikane wrote: »
    i have 2 nephews who are looking to do this race 14 and 15 years old can anyone tell me how i can get them registered for the race and what time the teens race starts at??

As far as I'm aware you sign up for the kids race on the day, now sure what the age limits are (if any), normally kids races at these things would have a lot of younger kids (i.e younger than 14 or 15). Do they have any running experience, could they do the main race?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Racman

PWEI wrote: »
    I'm in & really looking forward to it. Just over 33 mins last year so hoping for about 32 minutes this time round. I hope they sort out the chip timing this year
    as it was all over the place the last time. There was people who had slower chip times than me but were ranked higher & those who had faster times but were ranked lower. :confused:

I think that there are two issues here. First, I think that some of the chips/tags were faulty and so were not read last year. I too hope they sort that out.

The other issue is the rankings. As far as I am aware, the results of most races are sorted in order of gun time, i.e. the time from the firing of the gun to start the race to the point where you cross the finish line. In other words, the sequence in which people physically crossed the finish line. In large races, with delays in crossing the start line, the chip time is more meaningful. This means that you might have taken ages to cross the start line but ran quicker than someone who was on the start line when the gun went but who ran slowly relative to you but still finished ahead of you. You could have a faster chip time but a lower placing. That's just the way it is done and the prizes are based on gun time.

The most appropriate behaviour in these cases is to start in a reasonable position within the pack, in the appropriate section if marked. No point in being in the first ten or twenty rows if you are going to run 40 minutes.

Must go and enter right now. Nearly forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

3 stars (average)
    Hi All;

Can some one give us the best directions from Lucan to Raheny as I would end going half way around the world to it otherwise.

Also is there showers after the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

4 stars (good)
    Hi All;

Can some one give us the best directions from Lucan to Raheny as I would end going half way around the world to it otherwise.

Also is there showers after the race?

go all the way around on the M50 Northbound - then straight onto the N32 - right at the third roundabout and through Donaghmede into Raheny. Google Maps for more detailed directions. The start is on All Saint's Park

I think there are shower facilities after in the CARA Hall or Raheny GAA club.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Should I be worried that the date of birth of each entrant was emailed in a PDF document to registered runner. Listing the age category would have been sufficient for collecting race numbers?

4 stars (good)
    emerald007 wrote: »
    Should I be worried that the date of birth of each entrant was emailed in a PDF document to registered runner. Listing the age category would have been sufficient for collecting race numbers?

Yeah that seem odd, wonder what the idea behind that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

4 stars (good)
    pconn062 wrote: »
    Yeah that seem odd, wonder what the idea behind that is?

i guess its so multiple John Smiths for example can be distinguised but I was surprised to see it too.

I would imagine that they could be breaching data privacy laws by distributing that to everyone?

3 stars (average)
    I don't know if it's illegal, but it's definitely a bad idea. Shouldn't be any more than name, race number, category and club - that's the information given in the results, that's all that should be given at any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

kandikane wrote: »

All the details for the kids' races are here:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Raheny-5-Road-Race/218769871544456

They're for kids up to 16, and you register in the Cara Hall (near the start line) on the day (€5).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

rovers2001 wrote: »

I'd LOVE 40 minutes or thereabouts, but would be happy with 45 too! Enjoy it, I'm really looking forward to it.

Advertisement