Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rovers Away

Options
  • 26-08-2011 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Does anyone know how many loyalty points will be required for this one? If it is in the Aviva our allocation would be pretty decent I think. I have about 200 points which is hardly enough for the away end but don't want to sit in with the Rovers fans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

pduff13 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many loyalty points will be required for this one? If it is in the Aviva our allocation would be pretty decent I think. I have about 200 points which is hardly enough for the away end but don't want to sit in with the Rovers fans.

All depends on the venue which has still to be confirmed could be RDS and not the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Shakka

I don't care where it is and where I sit.

I'm going and I'm taking my two lads to see their first Spurs match.

:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'm delighted with this. I hope it's the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

Any idea on what date this game will be on?

condor26 wrote: »
    Any idea on what date this game will be on?

I've heard it's the 15th September but this is unconfirmed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Rumors fron Facebook tell me it is indeed the 15th and will be played in the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Have heard it is 15th December, saw this on soccer forum

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭yiddo59

• Advertisement

Official fixture list : http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...6_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Tottenham Hotspurs vs Shamrock Rovers - 29th September

Shamrock Rover vs Tottenham Hotspurs - 15th December

will be interesting to see where the Dublin leg will be held.

Edit : waaaaaaaay too slow !

Nice, go up and do some Christmas shopping and all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Definitely going to try and get tickets for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

harry will play the kids in this game as we got sunderland at home on the 18th Dec and chelsea 2 days later on the 20th Dec.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

pduff13 wrote: »

If they play it in the Aviva, tickets will surely be easy to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

6pm kick off also

6PM is great really cause you could get home after the match without it being crazy late.

I would imagine it's going to be far from a full strength team as it's the last game and you would hope that we'll have sown up first place but oppurtunity's like this don't exactly come around often.

I'll be there with bells on. If it is the Aviva (which i think it will be) I don't see tickets being a huge problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Shakka wrote: »
    I don't care where it is and where I sit.

I'm going and I'm taking my two lads to see their first Spurs match.

:D:D:D:D
    Have you ever been to a football match? This is a competitive game, not the GAA. Dressing your children up as Spurs fans and sitting in the Rovers end would be dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Any spare tickets i'll take one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

They have named the aviva as their ground for these games, though their chairman was on tv3 news saying they would prefer to play in Tallaght. Hope at least the spurs game is in the aviva,it should be really easy to get tickets for it, hope we can get seats in spurs end:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

indiewindy wrote: »
    They have named the aviva as their ground for these games, though their chairman was on tv3 news saying they would prefer to play in Tallaght. Hope at least the spurs game is in the aviva,it should be really easy to get tickets for it, hope we can get seats in spurs end:D

rovers cant play one game in aviva and the others in tallaght , all games in one venue so say UEFA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

There can't be 50,000 Rovers fans out there, right? If it is to be held in the Aviva will a portion of the tickets go on general release? Anyone have any idea as to when they might be on sale? Can't wait for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

Lads if i'm not mistaken i think you can block book in the aviva. just incase any 1 doesn't want to sit with the rovers fans . could be a good idea having a few of us together

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Really hope they see sense and bring it to the Aviva and we will have no probs getting tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

I wouldn't be so cocky about getting tickets. Look at the teams in the group. Which game will Rovers fans and anybody living near Dublin want to see. Also look at it from the point-of-view of Spurs fans in London. Last year they went to Milan, Madrid etc. Big let-down when you look at the group etc but if they go to one game I reckon that many of them will aim for Dublin: great city for fun, ferry, cheap to get to etc. There might be a high cut-off point on the tickets. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I honestly can't see it anywhere near selling out. All other things being equal we should be through and Rovers should be out by that game.

With the competitive edge taken off it I just can't see as much an interest aa there is now.

I don't have a membership so I'd imagine it's Looking like in with rovers fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

it will cost Rovers 600k to hire Aviva for 3 games.
    Assuming they sell 30,000 extra @40 Euro that's 1.2M plus whatever extra they sell for other 2 games. Financially its a no brainer.
    If i were them i would sell Spurs plus 1 other game to get a ticket for Spurs game!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

tippspur wrote: »
    Really hope they see sense and bring it to the Aviva and we will have no probs getting tickets.

I hope they don't.

I despise Rovers but they should do what is right for their fans, not ours. They have an emotional attachment to Tallaght after all they went through to get in there, it would be a shame to abandon that for the sake of money. They'll make more than enough in prize money and TV deals anyway.
    galinka wrote: »
    it will cost Rovers 600k to hire Aviva for 3 games.
    Assuming they sell 30,000 extra @40 Euro that's 1.2M plus whatever extra they sell for other 2 games. Financially its a no brainer.
    If i were them i would sell Spurs plus 1 other game to get a ticket for Spurs game!

Except €40 a ticket is more than twice what Rovers charge their fans for league games, and €15 more than they charged for the Juve game last season. They aren't run by Daniel Levy, they wouldn't want to rip off their own just to rip off us lot :D

If it stays at Tallaght I've very little chance of a ticket but all the same they should do the right thing for their fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭yiddo59

I hope they don't.

I despise Rovers but they should do what is right for their fans, not ours. They have an emotional attachment to Tallaght after all they went through to get in there, it would be a shame to abandon that for the sake of money. They'll make more than enough in prize money and TV deals anyway.

Except €40 a ticket is more than twice what Rovers charge their fans for league games, and €15 more than they charged for the Juve game last season. They aren't run by Daniel Levy, they wouldn't want to rip off their own just to rip off us lot :D

If it stays at Tallaght I've very little chance of a ticket but all the same they should do the right thing for their fans.

Couldn't agree more Ro. As you say the fcukers will make enuff money anyway;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I hope they don't.

I hope they do, because im being selfish and I want to see the game, and I probably wont if its in tallaght.

Emotional attachement to tallaght, cmon man, you sound like a hoop now :D , they say they have an emotional attachment to Milltown, Ringsend and a few more places, sure it's still a council stadium afterall ;)

Yeah the ticket prices were quite reasonable for previous big european games so i wouldn't think this will be any different, I could be wrong though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement