Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

rovert wrote: »
    Unless I am wrong and he wrestled on minor shows that no one documented he for years and years didn't wrestle at all - Becky Lynch style. He showed up in July 2013 around the time the Performance Centre opened.

I remember him doing some shows towards the end of DCU.
    Don't think he was even there long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

RichyX wrote: »
    I remember him doing some shows towards the end of DCU.
    Don't think he was even there long.

Yeah you are right I did forget about that. It was a really random cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

AFAIK, as I only chatted to him briefly when I went to one DCW show, after Sheamus left for WWE he picked up quite a bad injury on an international indie tour he was doing (I wanna say in the Caribbean but not 100%) then left wrestling altogether for a few years. He rejoined with DCW and obviously must have got in touch with Sheamus and his old mates from Irish Whip to get the tryout.

leggo wrote: »
    AFAIK, as I only chatted to him briefly when I went to one DCW show, after Sheamus left for WWE he picked up quite a bad injury on an international indie tour he was doing (I wanna say in the Caribbean but not 100%) then left wrestling altogether for a few years. He rejoined with DCW and obviously must have got in touch with Sheamus and his old mates from Irish Whip to get the tryout.

Being and speaking French was probably the deciding factor. All of Sami Zayn's languages is the first thing that got him hired.

Yeah you're probably not wrong. But credit where it's due he had a good head for the business and was a quick learner from day one so I could see him progressing past just being 'The French Guy' one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Didn't Tyson kid do a show with IWW as well? As the Calgary kid or something?

Shame not a lot of foreign talent comes here anymore, wasn't so long ago rvd sabu and beer hart were here! Was it Davey Richards here with IWW recently?

Sirsok wrote: »

He did. I posted a show poster not so long ago.
    DShame not a lot of foreign talent comes here anymore, wasn't so long ago rvd sabu and beer hart were here! Was it Davey Richards here with IWW recently?

That was Eddie Edwards his tag partner. Two years ago maybe now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Pingi wrote: »
    Is Pa reffing? I'll only go if Pa's reffing.

Hi Pingi,

If you are referring to referee Patrick Breen then YES he will be refereeing matches on the night. Just 2 days to go.

I had legit forgotten about that until I read this and I reffed his matches and all. Here I am like an eejit watching him on Total Divas every week going, "Seems like a sound bloke..." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Hey guys, read on fb (can't find where) that there is a promotion running in Dublin (June or July 19th) promoting an extreme rules match, thinkin of making the trip up, as we only get the odd show in Kilkenny, anyone know anything about it?

• Advertisement

CCW Revolution 2 was a packed house Sunday night in Cork City and is definitely a ''show of the year'' candidate. 7 matches were on the card including 3 championship bouts. For full results and pictures of the show go to the Celtic Championship Wrestling Facebook page. The show was worthy of its title ''CCW's biggest show of the year''....

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Hey guys, read on fb (can't find where) that there is a promotion running in Dublin (June or July 19th) promoting an extreme rules match, thinkin of making the trip up, as we only get the odd show in Kilkenny, anyone know anything about it?

Liberty.jpg

The link above is the poster for the show...

Some of the best Independent wrestlers in the world will descend on the Liberty Hall Theatre on July 19th for a once off night of fantastic wrestling action on the edge of Dublin's River Liffey.

Some of the names set to appear are -

EL LIGERO (Voted the UK's No.1 wrestler for the month of April 2014 by British wrestling Round-Up on Challange TV).

Former WWE/NXT developmental wrestlers Luther Ward & the 7ft monster TRON are also set to cause chaos!

More names are set to be confirmed in the coming days with this show set to feature an EXTREME RULES main event. Plus FOUR Championship matches on the night.

Doors open 6:30pm with Bell time 7pm, Full bar service available on the night. Tickets are only €10 (Excluding booking fee) with a maximum capacity on the night of 400 seats. (311 ground level, 89 balcony).

Tickets can be purchased from www.ctb.ie Or by calling the Liberty Hall Box office on 0818 205 205 - Early booking is advised as this show could sell-out.

Search for it on Facebook - The Brawl at liberty hall is the event name.

Cool stuff. People have been asking for a Centrally located Wrestling show for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

On the same night as the UFC event though, hopefully it won't affect attendance too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Some of the best Independent wrestlers in the world will descend on the Liberty Hall Theatre on July 19th for a once off night of fantastic wrestling action on the edge of Dublin's River Liffey.

There's this guy from Bray, Co. Wicklow that is really good. His name is Devitt. I will pay for his DART ticket if you can book him.

On the same night as the UFC event though, hopefully it won't affect attendance too much.

Ouch didn't realise that.

In fairness kids can't go to the UFC show and the UFC is less of a hot ticket as Cole Millar pulled out of the main event with Conor McGregor.

For all Celtic Championship Wrestling live shows in full, check out The Wrestledope YouTube Channel. Also for people from the South of Ireland who want to learn pro wrestling check out The CCW Pro Wrestling Academy on facebook.

CCW Training classes are every Tuesday and Thursday 8pm - 10pm at RB Fitness Centre, Daltons Avenue, Off Cornmarket St, Cork, Co. Cork

Luther Ward somehow found his way back from Florida back to a Caravan park in Ireland:

WRESTLING TRAINING SEMINAR WITH PRINCE DEVITT IN CORK

There will be a 3 hour pro wrestling seminar on Thursday July 3rd hosted by none other than International Wrestling Star Prince Devitt. It takes place at RB Fitness Centre, Daltons Avenue, Off Cornmarket Street, Cork, home to the CCW Pro Wrestling Academy.

This is a great opportunity for any wrestling trainee to learn from one of the best wrestlers in the world today. To book your spot we recommend you to mail us at The CCW PRO WRESTLING ACADEMY Facebook page as there are limited places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

WRESTLING TRAINING SEMINAR WITH PRINCE DEVITT IN CORK

There will be a 3 hour pro wrestling seminar on Thursday July 3rd hosted by none other than International Wrestling Star Prince Devitt. It takes place at RB Fitness Centre, Daltons Avenue, Off Cornmarket Street, Cork, home to the CCW Pro Wrestling Academy.

This is a great opportunity for any wrestling trainee to learn from one of the best wrestlers in the world today. To book your spot we recommend you to mail us at The CCW PRO WRESTLING ACADEMY Facebook page as there are limited places.

Jesus well done lads!

• Advertisement

Now that we are able to post URL's again check out our lastest YouTube installment. We will have a new iPPV on the way very soon exclusive on The Wrestledope YouTube Channel http://wrestledope.com

Also huge Wrestling Seminar Thursday 3rd of July hosted by none other than International Wrestling Star Prince Devitt. Email ccwrestlinginfo@gmail.com to book your place as limited places are available.

jtg.jpg

Irish promoters/reps: if you mail me on details about upcoming shows either here or via the WWE Parties Facebook page, I'll give them a mention on the wrestling podcast I do for balls.ie. I wanna help and it's some good, free exposure on one of Ireland's biggest sports websites, but I don't have time to be chasing around looking for dates and trying to edit down a read from a mountain of info, so give me a quick synopsis to plug close enough to the date and I'll give a plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Just saw Devitt and 2unlimited at Rev pro, both amazing. Devitt"s such a pro and 2unlimited were crazy to watch! Had never heard of them before, but were billed as irelands top tag team.

Heard the same for a bunch of people.

The Irish scene is so annoying for a whole host of reasons. But Ireland has our own Young Bucks but they have to go England before you ever hear about them. They are seemingly exclusive to one promotion who puts on shows in one region of the Country. Let's not even talk about online presence or footage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Any wrestling shows coming up in Dublin/Kildare over the next 2 months/ Excluding the Liberty Hall show since dont think a few of us will be able to make it.
    Have not been to an Irish Indie show in years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Pingi wrote: »
    Just saw Devitt and 2unlimited at Rev pro, both amazing. Devitt"s such a pro and 2unlimited were crazy to watch! Had never heard of them before, but were billed as irelands top tag team.

Did you see him mouth "see you in a few years"? I saw that the New Generation podcast tweeted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Any wrestling shows coming up in Dublin/Kildare over the next 2 months/ Excluding the Liberty Hall show since dont think a few of us will be able to make it.
    Have not been to an Irish Indie show in years

Ffpw are putting on a free over 18s show in kildare on Friday, and msw are in tallaght on the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

rovert wrote: »
    Heard the same for a bunch of people.

The Irish scene is so annoying for a whole host of reasons. But Ireland has our own Young Bucks but they have to go England before you ever hear about them. They are seemingly exclusive to one promotion who puts on shows in one region of the Country. Let's not even talk about online presence or footage.

The 2 bai's are Shtone mad!
    Did you see him mouth "see you in a few years"? I saw that the New Generation podcast tweeted that.

Can't say I noticed sorry. Unbelievable show, besides Mania my favorite live show of the year so far (I was at all 3 nights of 16 Carat and all most the mania weekend shows)

Also need to get my arse to some Irish shows, I've been to 1 in the past 5 years I'd say. Bad form on my part.

Not going to Newtonards to throw sweets at Devitt with the kiddies:

ards-poster-devitt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 CaptainD

El Ligero looks class. Would love to see him face Prince Devitt at Liberty Hall in Dublin. Would be epic.

Advertisement