Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
06-05-2011, 17:42   #31
Robert ninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 481
These games just neve stop coming, do they? I bloody hate the AC series. It's so damn boring and the story is being made up as they just make more and more sequels. It really shows. It's really nice to graphics and wandering around can be pleasant but the gameplay in all is just terrible (for every last one of the games). One of the easiest games to date which is why it's probably so popular. I can take out an army with my fists in that game, so dumb and completely unrealistic even though they say it's meant to be realistic.

From the people who made the hitmans games, you'd think they'd know something about cool target missions but apparently not. Just another generic AC game this is, I'm assuming. Proabably going to have a big annoying marketing campaign in every store with some pre-order trinkets.
Robert ninja is offline  
Advertisement
06-05-2011, 17:53   #32
kearneybobs
Registered User
 
kearneybobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Posts: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert ninja View Post
These games just neve stop coming, do they? I bloody hate the AC series. It's so damn boring and the story is being made up as they just make more and more sequels. It really shows. It's really nice to graphics and wandering around can be pleasant but the gameplay in all is just terrible (for every last one of the games). One of the easiest games to date which is why it's probably so popular. I can take out an army with my fists in that game, so dumb and completely unrealistic even though they say it's meant to be realistic.

From the people who made the hitmans games, you'd think they'd know something about cool target missions but apparently not. Just another generic AC game this is, I'm assuming. Proabably going to have a big annoying marketing campaign in every store with some pre-order trinkets.
The more the merrier, I say. Keep 'em coming. Even if the story is being made up as they go along, it still is interesting, engaging and fun to play. Most of the people in this thread will agree with me on that one I'd say

Your point about them being so popular because they are so easy is nonsensical. Who in their right mind goes out of their way to buy and play a game because it's so easy? And then says, WOW that was a brilliant game afterwards and I only died once in the whole game!!!11

Also, why would you play through all three AC games if you hate them?

Last edited by kearneybobs; 06-05-2011 at 17:55.
kearneybobs is offline  
Thanks from:
06-05-2011, 18:06   #33
Robert ninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 481
Generally (not always) and excluding online play, games that are easier are more popular. You can see that from the sales in the games, it's not an opinion (although I suppose how difficult a game is would be opinion based) in modern times. The difficulty of games have dropped a whole lot and AC is just one of them. I could probably clear em' with my eyes closed.

As for why I hate em' yet bought em. AC 1 was just my first, how could I have known? I saw the info on second one... seemed like a big improvement and the game had potential anyway. And it was a big improvement... but still sucked as a game and was way too easy. Next one... adding online for the whole online fad. Ugh, I just got fed up with it. Although I've played em' all so far, I only bought 1 and 2 out of my money myself.

So yeah, people do buy games when they get through them with ease. It makes them feel badass when they're actually possibly terrible at games. That's actually all the AC series does imo.
Robert ninja is offline  
06-05-2011, 18:31   #34
Aldebaran
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert ninja View Post
So yeah, people do buy games when they get through them with ease. It makes them feel badass when they're actually possibly terrible at games. That's actually all the AC series does imo.
Not everyone plays games to make themselves feel 'badass' as you so eloquently put it. I, myself, play games because I enjoy them and because they are an excellent form of escapism. And nothing beats Assassin's Creed in the escapism stakes. Great story, great characters, great settings, a very all-encompassing absorbing world (not so much the first one, but definitely the second and Brotherhood), a game you can get lost in for a while.

Perhaps, it's not for those people who see every newly released game as an excuse for a penis-measuring contest. It's probably more for those who don't derive their self-worth from how good they are at a video game and instead play video games to get away from real life for a while.
Aldebaran is offline  
06-05-2011, 18:44   #35
Robert ninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 481
I actually agree with everything you said. The only thing is, I don't get any enjoyment from a game that is easy. I escape by playing a difficult game but there are very few these days and the only ones that are 'difficult' are more often than not difficult in all the wrong ways (which could be a topic for another thread). But even games on the hardest difficulty don't even match up to some of the easiest settings on older games.

There are cheaper ways to escape and relax than buying a full price, hyped up game that I'm just going to get through like a knife through butter. I like to get my money's worth and AC series doesn't measure up unfortunately. it's a real shame because it's a game I would really enjoy if it was at all difficult.

Hope I didn't come across too condescending. Definitely not comparing my e-penis here (hate people that do that), just expressing my disastisfaction of AC so far and the dread of another one. If they just added a difficulty setting it might help.

Last edited by Robert ninja; 06-05-2011 at 18:46.
Robert ninja is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-05-2011, 18:47   #36
padr81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert ninja View Post
I actually agree with everything you said. The only thing is, I don't get any enjoyment from a game that is easy. I escape by playing a difficult game but there are very few these days and the only ones that are 'difficult' are more often than not difficult in all the wrong ways (which could be a topic for another thread). But even games on the hardest difficulty don't even match up to some of the easiest settings on older games.

There are cheaper ways to escape and relax than buying a full price, hyped up game that I'm just going to get through like a knife through butter. I like to get my money's worth and AC series doesn't measure up unfortunately. it's a real shame because it's a game I would really enjoy if it was at all difficult.

Hope I didn't come across too condescending. Definitely not comparing my e-penis here (hate people that do that), just expressing my disastisfaction of AC so for and the dread of another one.
A person can relax however they feel, their are also some cheaper ways to escape and relax than buying a full price, hyped up hooker or dvd or whatever. People can spend their time how they like.

i agree on modern games being too easy. I quite enjoyed all the Assasins Creeds bar no.1, which is rubbish but thought they were far too easy.
padr81 is offline  
06-05-2011, 20:51   #37
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert ninja View Post
I actually agree with everything you said. The only thing is, I don't get any enjoyment from a game that is easy. I escape by playing a difficult game but there are very few these days and the only ones that are 'difficult' are more often than not difficult in all the wrong ways (which could be a topic for another thread). But even games on the hardest difficulty don't even match up to some of the easiest settings on older games.

There are cheaper ways to escape and relax than buying a full price, hyped up game that I'm just going to get through like a knife through butter. I like to get my money's worth and AC series doesn't measure up unfortunately. it's a real shame because it's a game I would really enjoy if it was at all difficult.

Hope I didn't come across too condescending. Definitely not comparing my e-penis here (hate people that do that), just expressing my disastisfaction of AC so far and the dread of another one. If they just added a difficulty setting it might help.
If you have no intention of playing the game and you don't like it why are you spending your time bad mouthing the series?

I might not like the games you play, hey I might not like the food you like either, it doesn't mean I have the right to say your taste is stupid.
I understand that your'e sharing your opinion, but perhaps you'd be better of starting another thread for this discussion instead of derailing this one and turning into your own opinion piece.
nullzero is offline  
(3) thanks from:
06-05-2011, 20:56   #38
Robert ninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
If you have no intention of playing the game and you don't like it why are you spending your time bad mouthing the series?

I might not like the games you play, hey I might not like the food you like either, it doesn't mean I have the right to say your taste is stupid.
I understand that your'e sharing your opinion, but perhaps you'd be better of starting another thread for this discussion instead of derailing this one and turning into your own opinion piece.
Another thread? How about no... this is a thread about the new AC game and I'm commenting on it because that's exactly what I wanted to do at the time. I talk about games I like and don't like. And I didn't come in here saying anything close to that anyone's taste is stupid... just the concept doesn't make sense. How about you just stop winging.
Robert ninja is offline  
06-05-2011, 21:17   #39
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert ninja View Post
Another thread? How about no... this is a thread about the new AC game and I'm commenting on it because that's exactly what I wanted to do at the time. I talk about games I like and don't like. And I didn't come in here saying anything close to that anyone's taste is stupid... just the concept doesn't make sense. How about you just stop winging.
I'm not whinging, I'm pointing out that you're making this thread all about your dislike to the AC series, trolling if you will.

You're posting off topic, bad mouthing the AC series for not being "badass" enough for you.

If you don't like the AC series start a thread about it, here's a title for you;, I (Robert Ninja) think that the AC series is not "badass" enough, discuss...

I'd like to be able to read this thread which is about the next installment of a games series I enjoy, albeit not "badass" enough for some, without having to wade through reams of posts from your good self or anyone else for that matter saying that the AC series isn't "badass" enough.

I don't want to make you believe that the AC series is really good, your opinion is something I value. Your chossing to express it here in such a manner is something I do not value, nor do I value your attitude towards me thus far.
nullzero is offline  
Advertisement
06-05-2011, 21:20   #40
GTR63
Registered User
 
GTR63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Galway
Posts: 10,440
There is a few details about this on Gamersmint.com. (don't know how to post links).Hard to know what to make of this game,it feels like a bit of a stopgap like brotherhood.I was hoping for Assassins III with a new lead.
GTR63 is online now  
06-05-2011, 21:24   #41
kearneybobs
Registered User
 
kearneybobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Posts: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR63 View Post
There is a few details about this on Gamersmint.com. (don't know how to post links).Hard to know what to make of this game,it feels like a bit of a stopgap like brotherhood.I was hoping for Assassins III with a new lead.
Literally copy and past the url at the top of the webpage into the reply box and it will turn it into a link for you when you hit the reply button.

here's the link btw.
http://www.gamersmint.com/gi-assassi...tails-revealed

Some really interesting stuff in there. I think I like the idea of the Spoiler: bomb crafting.. Had a feeling the hooks would be used for Spoiler: ziplines
This better not turn out to be something like Spoiler: San Andreas with the constant territory battles being waged.

Last edited by kearneybobs; 06-05-2011 at 21:31.
kearneybobs is offline  
(3) thanks from:
06-05-2011, 21:28   #42
Robert ninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 481
The reason why I now have a damn attitude is beause I've actually lost my patience, that's why I'm speaking like this. I made one post, and it's only because of your moaning have I had to respond to anything. You're not gonna bully me out of a thread about a game when all I did was make one post expressing my dread of another damn sequel to the series. That's it... and the rest has been people barking at me for it. It's your own damn fault we're still on the topic like this. I didn't wanna try hijack any thread and make it about my opinion, don't flatter yourself, I don't care about this game enough to go out of my way to do anything like that.

Quote:
I'm not whinging, I'm pointing out that you're making this thread all about your dislike to the AC series
No, you're doing that by continually quoting me and making a big deal out of it.
Robert ninja is offline  
06-05-2011, 21:42   #43
kearneybobs
Registered User
 
kearneybobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Posts: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert ninja View Post
The reason why I now have a damn attitude is beause I've actually lost my patience, that's why I'm speaking like this. I made one post, and it's only because of your moaning have I had to respond to anything. You're not gonna bully me out of a thread about a game when all I did was make one post expressing my dread of another damn sequel to the series. That's it... and the rest has been people barking at me for it. It's your own damn fault we're still on the topic like this. I didn't wanna try hijack any thread and make it about my opinion, don't flatter yourself, I don't care about this game enough to go out of my way to do anything like that.

No, you're doing that by continually quoting me and making a big deal out of it.
Right, it's gotten to the point where you seem to have a bigger problem with his replies than you do with the Assassin's Creed games, and that my friend, is too OT for my liking.
kearneybobs is offline  
06-05-2011, 21:55   #44
sheehy83
Registered User
 
sheehy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,878
Ya, I was looking forward to Ass 3 with a new character. I wonder if they thought because Ezio was so well liked by everyone (except ninja bob) they decided to throw him into the mix. Then thought 'oh we have to put in altair so as well' Its a def day one purchase for me and look forward to playing it, just hope they don't make a mess of the story and no more walking round killing people with super apples please.
sheehy83 is offline  
06-05-2011, 22:07   #45
thorbarry
Registered User
 
thorbarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,877
Quote:
They’re using a new type of capture facial technology called Mocam that GI describes as an “intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like LA Noire.”
Thats one thing which they need. The game world in the previous games looked great, animation is great. Facial features is one thing that sorta bugged me.

That sounds shallow considering how fun the actual gameplay is
thorbarry is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet