Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHELTENHAM - DAY 3: Thursday 17th March

Options
  • 14-03-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

All DAY 3 tips/selections etc to be posted here.
    • 1:30 Jewson Novices Chase (Registered As The Golden Miller Novices´Chase): Grade 2 Cl1 2m4f
    • 2:05 Pertemps Final (Handicap Hurdle) (Listed Race): Cl1 3m
    • 2:40 Ryanair Chase (Registered As The Festival Trophy Steeple Chase): Grade 1 Cl1 2m5f
    • 3:20 Ladbrokes World Hurdle: Grade 1 Cl1 3m
    • 4:00 Byrne Group Plate (Handicap Chase): Grade 3 Cl1 2m5f
    • 4:40 Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup (Handicap Chase) (Amateur Riders): Cl2 3m1f110y
    Here's To Hoping :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1:30 Mr Gardner
    2:05 Lush Life
    2:40 Gauvain
    3:20 Grands Crus*
    4:00 Quartz De Thaix
    4:40 Galant Nuit

* horrid market 3rd fav 9/1 I'll go Grand Crus only cos he's got plenty of room to improve and is nearly twice the price of BB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Can't look beyond Big Bucks in the 320. Ruby said last week it was free money. He's a class apart. Very short odds but I'd back him asap because his odds are only going to go in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Mr.Conners

Big Bucks will be getting a big lump of my HF money at evens. I really think (hope) that Grand Crus is really just built up so the bookies can have someone to challenge BB.

There is no doubt that GC has potential but I feel this is a massive step up, no real justification for going against BB imo. A proven class act.

I have a lovely treble with Hurricane Fly, Quevega and Bucks so I will be saying a prayer for all BB followers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Coral are going 11/10 on Big Bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Big bucks will win tomorrow my absolute banker of the meeting, Grand crus is a ridiculous price hype horse and they've all been put away this week so far. So young not good enough sparky may put firmly in her place by the class act that is quevega and the same will happen tomorrow.

I'll eat my hat if he loses tomorrow and you can quote me on all of this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Thursday is all about Big Bucks, whatever view you take of it. Laying him for a chunk or backing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 analyzer

Mr.Conners wrote: »
    Big Bucks will be getting a big lump of my HF money at evens. I really think (hope) that Grand Crus is really just built up so the bookies can have someone to challenge BB.

There is no doubt that GC has potential but I feel this is a massive step up, no real justification for going against BB imo. A proven class act.

I have a lovely treble with Hurricane Fly, Quevega and Bucks so I will be saying a prayer for all BB followers.

Hey guys. Long time lurker first time poster. Felt obliged to respong to this.My brother is a stable lad at a prominent English stable. They do not have a horse in the world hurdle tomorrow but he has told me that Grand Crus is very very popular. Not going to say any more and best of luck with your bets. As always with horse racing anything could happen. I just felt obliged to let you know that there will be a lot of money going on Grand Crus tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

What does evens mean ? Im new to this betting stuff.

Thursday is all about Big Bucks, whatever view you take of it. Laying him for a chunk or backing him.

Very true.

The only thing to do is back him and lay it off.

I've a free bet tomorrow with VC as a result of Big Zeb finishing second.... Shall be putting it on Big Bucks...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Jewson Novices Chase - Robbinson Collognes
    Pertemps Final - Buena Vista
    Ryanair Chase - Gauvain
    Ladbrokes World Hurdle - Mourad
    Byrne Group Plate - Beautiful Sound
    Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup - Saddlers Storm

All are e/w selections and wouldnt be overly confident about any apart from Saddlers Storm. Buena Vista is a sentimental pick as have backed him every festival and he has always run with credit. Beautiful Sound looks to have good chance for in form trainer, jockey, owner combo.

Such a weak days racing in comparison to the rest of the festival.

• Advertisement

What do you guys think of Wishful thinking? That run in January was quality.

Noble Prince could be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

CHELTENHAM - DAY 3: Thursday 17th March
    All DAY 3 tips/selections etc to be posted here.

1:30 Jewson Novices Chase (Registered As The Golden Miller Novices´Chase): Grade 2 Cl1 2m4f -
    -Winner Noble Prince
    2:05 Pertemps Final (Handicap Hurdle) (Listed Race): Cl1 3m
    Winner Chartreux
    2:40 Ryanair Chase (Registered As The Festival Trophy Steeple Chase): Grade 1 Cl1 2m5f
    Winner Kalahari King
    3:20 Ladbrokes World Hurdle: Grade 1 Cl1 3m
    Winner Big Bucks
    4:00 Byrne Group Plate (Handicap Chase): Grade 3 Cl1 2m5f
    Winner no idea
    4:40 Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup (Handicap Chase) (Amateur Riders): Cl2 3m1f110y
    Winner no idea;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

2qk4u wrote: »
    What does evens mean ? Im new to this betting stuff.

Basically means you get even money for your bet. So.. if you throw on a tenner, you will win a tenner (long with your initial stake back of course)

Make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What is Ruby on tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sproggy13

J'y Vole in the ryanair Chase

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

Big Bucks different class ,great investment with 100% return
    Kalahari king always runs well at cheltenham ,going & distance perfect 6 to 1 ,well worth ew bet :D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    sproggy13 wrote: »
    J'y Vole in the ryanair Chase

Ruby will be riding Poquelin in the Ryanair

analyzer wrote: »
    Hey guys. Long time lurker first time poster. Felt obliged to respong to this.My brother is a stable lad at a prominent English stable. They do not have a horse in the world hurdle tomorrow but he has told me that Grand Crus is very very popular. Not going to say any more and best of luck with your bets. As always with horse racing anything could happen. I just felt obliged to let you know that there will be a lot of money going on Grand Crus tomorrow

Cheers mate but the above isn't unbeknown to most, the betting exchanges say as much. However, if you are hinting that he may go off favourite I can't really see it and would be very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just two bets for me tomorrow:

Robinson Collonges (who I got at 10/1 EW) and Big Bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Find out for yourself here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Michael O'Leary has 4 horses going tomorrow. Surely a great chance of some doubles or accumulators??

His horses are on form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

1:30 Noble Prince
    2:05 Rivage D'or
    2:40 Kalahari King
    3:20 Ashkazar e/w
    4:00 Beautiful Sound
    4:40 Saddlers Storm

NickDrake wrote: »
    Same owner who is pumping money into each one. Getting the best food and care.

In fairness, the form of horses have virtually nothing to do with the owner, it is a stable that is in/out of form. O' Leary may be pumping in money but he isn't doing the workouts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Mr.Conners wrote: »
    In fairness, the form of horses have virtually nothing to do with the owner, it is a stable that is in/out of form. O' Leary may be pumping in money but he isn't doing the workouts etc.

I agree but he knows his horses. There was no need for the insult from the OP. People just trying to enjoy our wonderful sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Have to say the third day's fare is very very poor. The festival at most can only take 24 quality races and hence Day 3 is poor to look at.

Unless you have spent alot of time trying to find the value in anything in the form, its best to just look and keep your hands in your pockets.

Wishfull Thinking would be worth a bet but there's no value at that price. Ditto with Kalahri King.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

what about albertas run in the ryanair...??

i kinda feel i owe this horse a loyalty bet

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boscoroxx

Sivotova, Poquelin, Big Bucks, Saddlers Storm are one's to keep an eye on W/EW.

The price for Albertas Run is gone. He's precisely the price he should be considering his season form. He has the beating of all these on his best form but the fact he hasn't shown that since April last year means that 6/1 accounts for that and is factored into the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

This may sound like a daft question but what horses are O'Learys?

• Advertisement

Giggiinstown House horses

113523.png

Advertisement