Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a job ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

FAS office used to have a copy of all the latest job ads from local newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

fas.ie lists 113 jobs in LIM city

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

fas.ie lists 113 jobs in LIM city

Many are CE schemes or WPP schemes that not everybody can apply for. Plus many of those jobs have already gone and are a month or two past the date since the successful applicant has started in the role. I know this through applying for jobs through the FAS site and getting a reply back from the employer telling me that FAS are still running the old advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

ah ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Not all jobs are advertised in newspapers or online. In fact many places now just pop a sign in the window to avoid having to sift through 400 CVs for a minimum wage employee that'll move along as soon as another opportunity arises.

If someone is unemployed surely they have nothing but time, therefore plenty of time to spend walking places like the Crescent looking for job vacancies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Limerickjobs.ie
    Jobs.ie
    Irishjobs.ie

Maybe try arise see other thread. Not much around at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Was out at the Crescent today and BB's had a sign up looking for staff. Might be worth a trip out there with a bunch of cv's as there could have been others. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

With those 2 ??s I thought you were offering jobs :mad:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I saw smyths bar had full and part time positions advertised in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

KFC in the Cresent is hiring I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

subway across from the regional have a sign up looking for staff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

McDonald's in the Crescent are looking for part time or full time staff at the moment too. The've had sign up on the window for a while now.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

Thanks a million guys really apperciate it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Greene's cafe on William St are looking for staff also. only caught a glimpse of it but think it said both full time and part time.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

This could actually turn into a very handy thread for people looking for jobs.

Its hard to discover all the places that are hiring people because they may only have a poster on a window for a few days.

Keep em coming folks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Texas steakout also have a sign in the window at the moment looking for experienced waiting staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Passed Ann Summers earlier, they've a sign up for staff, though it is only a ten hour contract I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Frenchs Cafe on Catherine Street are looking for a Part Time person to work the Friday-Sunday shifts.

Possibility of Full time towards Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

that boots web link didnt work so i went into the website and tried to apply for a retail assistant in the childers road store but i cant apply cos my computer wont open the questionaire..such a stupid system :mad:

Of corse i cant go in and hand the cv into them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

dave 27 wrote: »
    that boots web link didnt work so i went into the website and tried to apply for a retail assistant in the childers road store but i cant apply cos my computer wont open the questionaire..such a stupid system :mad:

Of corse i cant go in and hand the cv into them!

Try a different browser,unblock pop ups.etc

Try a different browser,unblock pop ups.etc

got it, cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi guys,
    Im filling in that online application for boots and they keep prompting a postcode. Ive tried 0000 1234 A1234...any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Im an idiot, just needed to leave it blank:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Thanks for the heads up poxyshamrock. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for this one :)

Just got a no from boots, due to high number of applicants, guess i answered one or two of their 75 questions wrong.

Stunned i didn't even get an interview, guess i have too much retail experience. :)

At least they were quick.

munstergirl did they ring you or email you? i went to the trouble of doing all the questions and at the end the page froze! just went blank! :(

Email, got 2 yesterday, confirmation ones.

The one today said i had all the qualities they were looking for but too many applicants.

I said on application full time or part time, any days, any hours. I have so much retail experience too.

Disappointed, but i tried. I think unemployment at the moment in limerick city + county is 26,000 and growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Email, got 2 yesterday, confirmation ones.

The one today said i had all the qualities they were looking for but too many applicants.

I said on application full time or part time, any days, any hours. I have so much retail experience too.

Disappointed, but i tried. I think unemployment at the moment in limerick city + county is 26,000 and growing.

What a load of BS they tell you basically that you are the perfect applicant but wont even give you an interview because the have too many applicants , well if they got so many surely one of the applicants they are giving an interview to would not be as good as you...

Or am I just reading it wrong

• Advertisement

No your reading it right, they could have lost the best applicant for the job, they will never know. :)

Sign of the times i guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement