WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread - Page 469 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

27-01-2011, 18:26   #7021
Lady Lainy

oh mother of god....last nights dinner was a FEAST! We were still eating at 1am this morning! Boy oh boy i'm going to pay for it on the scales.

But was back on track to day. Even got in some excercise, and made another batch of the muffins to see me thru the weekend!
Advertisement
27-01-2011, 19:04   #7022
sosyourface

Lunch Ideas ... ?

I'm wondering does anyone have any Lunch ideas that aren't too hight in points? I don't know about ye but I like to have a big enough dinner, usually using 10-15points from my 29. But I find that my lunch is usually 8-10 and I don't have enough points for a proper dinner (when you add in brekkie and a snack or 2).

I like to have a carb at lunch or I can't concentrate in the afternoon. So I usually have a wrap or bread. That's 3-5 pts before fillings.

Any suggestions welcome
27-01-2011, 19:10   #7023
nanofano

hey, does anybody know how many propoints in Lily O'Brien's Sticky Toffee Chocolates. I've been on their website and it only states per serving which is 42g. I don't know how many sweets this is? hmm probably should have weighed them before i ate them but too late now!!
can anybody help!!??
27-01-2011, 19:19   #7024
nanofano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosyourface View Post
I'm wondering does anyone have any Lunch ideas that aren't too hight in points? I don't know about ye but I like to have a big enough dinner, usually using 10-15points from my 29. But I find that my lunch is usually 8-10 and I don't have enough points for a proper dinner (when you add in brekkie and a snack or 2).

I like to have a carb at lunch or I can't concentrate in the afternoon. So I usually have a wrap or bread. That's 3-5 pts before fillings.

Any suggestions welcome

I'm a plain eater, why not have a ham salad sandwich or wrap with a tbsp low fat mayo. That's only 5-6 pps. Have fruit then for dessert.
or i like an avocado salad (just have half an avocado) with zero pp veg and balsamic vinegar- if you want carbs stick it in a small pitta!
Or you could have old zero point veg soup with a small petit pan roll...
Don't know if that helps but that's what i like
27-01-2011, 19:31   #7025
sosyourface

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanofano View Post
I'm a plain eater, why not have a ham salad sandwich or wrap with a tbsp low fat mayo. That's only 5-6 pps. Have fruit then for dessert.
or i like an avocado salad (just have half an avocado) with zero pp veg and balsamic vinegar- if you want carbs stick it in a small pitta!
Or you could have old zero point veg soup with a small petit pan roll...
Don't know if that helps but that's what i like
I would be a plain eater too so none of that avocado craic for me
I think I need to cut down on carbs I'm just finding it hard to get a decent substitute for them! I do love my carbs
Advertisement
27-01-2011, 19:35   #7026
rachel

Thanks to everyone who had kind words re my cat, he's home now and fully recovered
Unfortunately, my appetite is now back in force!
I saw someone else posting re the M&S count on us roasted butternut squash wrap (6pp), I had that today and it's lovely. It's great that M&S are changing to the propoints, I was a little worried they'd just remove the points altogether. It makes lunch shopping much quicker.
I also had the M&S vegetarian sushi which works out at 7pp per pack.

For dinner tonight I used the WW sausage casserole sauce mixed with quorn sausages some onion and red pepper and had boiled new potatoes and carrots with that. Really great hearty dinner for 10pp.
Thanks from:
27-01-2011, 19:36   #7027
dottie_lottie

Quote:
I would be a plain eater too so none of that avocado craic for me
I think I need to cut down on carbs I'm just finding it hard to get a decent substitute for them! I do love my carbs
Have you a microwave in work? Maybe you could bake a potato in the evening and nuke it for lunch the next day
27-01-2011, 19:51   #7028
EMF2010

Oh so happy here. Went to meeting tonight for second weigh in and I'm down 6lbs. Delighted with myself.
27-01-2011, 19:55   #7029
jackmax

havent been on for a couple of days but had my weigh in last night and was down another 3lbs Im thrilled. Im really excited too cos we hired a threadmill and a vibroplate for a few weeks and they are coming on saturday. i willbe able to do some exercise now. have 4 kids including a 10 wk old baby so dont get out much to walk or anything cos my partner works nights. anyone know if the vibroplate is any good?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-01-2011, 19:56   #7030
Lady Lainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMF2010 View Post
Oh so happy here. Went to meeting tonight for second weigh in and I'm down 6lbs. Delighted with myself.
wow thats amazing!
Thanks from:
27-01-2011, 20:01   #7031
astra2000

Quote:

Any suggestions welcome
Do you like salads you could have 100g chicken breast 3pp, lots of free salad food, 2 laughing cow light cheese pp1, salad dressing pp1 and then get the carbs you want from some couscous/rice/pasta/ small roll pp2/3 that would be a really filling lunch for 7/8 pp.
Tuna sandwich, small tin 56g tuna in brine pp1, 2 slices bread pp4, mayo pp1, salad pp0 ,total 6pp. Have a piece of fruit and you should be comfortably full.
27-01-2011, 20:02   #7032
Layla0509

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMF2010 View Post
Woohoo well done any tips
Thanks from:
27-01-2011, 20:02   #7033
Lady Lainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmax View Post
havent been on for a couple of days but had my weigh in last night and was down another 3lbs Im thrilled. Im really excited too cos we hired a threadmill and a vibroplate for a few weeks and they are coming on saturday. i willbe able to do some exercise now. have 4 kids including a 10 wk old baby so dont get out much to walk or anything cos my partner works nights. anyone know if the vibroplate is any good?
The vibroplates are great as a warm up. try using it for about 10 mins before using the treadmill. Its great for kinda loosening ya up and getting the circulation going. They're kinda useless as a stand alone exercise. Combo of vibroplate and treadmill will get ya GREAT results!

We used to have them at work, I used to work for chartbusters. They plates were really popular with all the people who used the gym next door.

Last edited by Lady Lainy; 27-01-2011 at 20:05.
Thanks from:
27-01-2011, 20:03   #7034
astra2000

Quote:
Congrats on your new baby your a busy lady! fair play to you getting back on track so soon.
Thanks from:
27-01-2011, 20:05   #7035
Layla0509

Quote:
Im really excited too cos we hired a threadmill and a vibroplate for a few weeks and they are coming on saturday.
where did you get these and how much is it costing you? If you don't mind me being nosey
Thread Closed