Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Caros wrote: »
    Do I pm you my current weight NOW and then give you my WI weight this week on Thursday?

I think what GT is doing is you PM your weight as of next week. So for example, if your weigh in is next Tuesday, you PM your weight after WI on Tuesday and that will be your starting weight for the league and then you will PM your loss every week after that. It's so everyone can get a chance do get in at the start if they want.

On another note, got some really bad news yesterday in relation to my OH residency case. Met with the barristers today and has just put me in a worse mood. Thing is I am not eating loads of bad meals, it's worse, I am picking on JUNK. Have eaten so far, dorito's, 2 sausage rolls, full fat choc bar, bottle of coke (never drink that, duno why I bought it) and picking on dolly mixture. I know I shouldn't reward/treat myself with food/drink to make myself feel better but I just really couldn't care less today. Going to hit the vodka tonight like never before, I know I shouldn't do that either, but I am just not caring at the moment and just feel like I really need it.

Sorry for the rant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Monife wrote: »
    I think what GT is doing is you PM your weight as of next week. So for example, if your weigh in is next Tuesday, you PM your weight after WI on Tuesday and that will be your starting weight for the league and then you will PM your loss weekly weight every week after that. It's so everyone can get a chance do get in at the start if they want.

Couldnt have put it better myself;), just one little adjustment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

christ i could eat the leg off a table! been grooming dogs all day!
    I've only used 7pp out of my 42 :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

I QUITE:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

hehe all this talk of wedges....decided to have some tonight with the lemon sole :)

back on the ww wagon full time tomorrow! i've been semi good today....watched what i ate...but still relaxed a little hand scrambled eggs with cheese and ham in a roll for lunch :P so not ww friendly....but hey....i earned it! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I have ZERO motivation..last exam tomorrow and I cannot be arsed studying :mad:

I've also decided to take the weekend off WW...I'm just eating what I like :D

Probably shouldn't...but I'm in a serious 'fcuk it' mood!

I don't know whats wrong...can't wait until 2pm tomorrow!!

misslt wrote: »
    I have ZERO motivation..last exam tomorrow and I cannot be arsed studying :mad:

I've also decided to take the weekend off WW...I'm just eating what I like :D

Probably shouldn't...but I'm in a serious 'fcuk it' mood!

I don't know whats wrong...can't wait until 2pm tomorrow!!

exam on a saturday? eeeww thats horrible! sometimes all you need to get your motivation is to just take a break...recharge your energy...

a weekend isnt going to kill ya....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Jeez just finished reading the last 5 days of this thread, really motivated to get back on track now... lets hope this feeling continues. Arrived back from the UK this morning and did a fine big shop as I knew OH wouldn't have anything in, so I'm starting as I mean to go on this week. Tried to be good with my food over the past 5 days, but its so hard when your not the chef, had plenty of veg with my dinner each evening but it was probably laced in butter, try to stick to wraps & salads for lunch but brekkie was a breakfast meeting each morning and the choices were either croissants/scones/pancakes or breakfast rolls..gggrrr.. asked if it would be possible to get a fruit salad and they nearly fell down, I was the only woman amongst 8 men!!! nothing against the men but fruit was not their preferred choice for breakfast.

GT-great idea about the League, think it's something that would have defo been a motivator for me but as I'm at GOAL :D I won't need to be included. Good luck to all with it tho.

Lady Lainy- A date & a new puppy --- whoop whoop - which one are you more excited about !!!

Chinafoot - Defo agree with "Slow & steady wins the race" as much as it peeed me off with the 1 or 1.5lbs loss each week, i knew that it was better to come off slower.

Had my 10pp chicken pasta bake for dinner this evening and it feels good to know exacly what I'm eating.

Feel really motivated.. fingers crossed it lasts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New puppy, New Man (maybe) and today i had my first paying grooming customer! So start of a new career maybe.....thats alot of new to digest!

Excited about the puppy! Could be the start of something big great :D Hoping to get puppy end of this month, with the first dog show June 20th :D

Date - Nervous! LOL Its kinda a blind date! We've been talking last few weeks. Saw picture of his dog on facebook! i gave it thumbs up and we've been talking ever since :O

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

2fat wrote: »

I completly understand your feelings but do you really want to quit or are you having a bad day and want an excuse to eat?

Is it really worth quitting? Is it really worth undoing all the good work you've done? Why don't you have the night off, have a treat (or two) of your choice and get a good nights sleep.

It will all look a bit better in the morning. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

2fat wrote: »

I quit Feb 2010. Rejoined Jan 2011, with more than a stone back on. Take a break, but don't quit. You'll regret it in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

fofany wrote: »
    I quit Feb 2010. Rejoined Jan 2011, with more than a stone back on. Take a break, but don't quit. You'll regret it in the long run.

i quit in 2007 after about 4 classes cos i had lost about 2 lbs in that time. I was so embarrassed that i was 11stone 11 pounds, i couldn't believe i had let myself go so much. I was convinced i'd loose the weight at home.

No such luck...... I rejoined the 2nd week of January 2011 and I was 13 stone 6.5 pounds. I was disgusted, but wasn't going to leave it another 4 years and an additional 2 stone to do something about it.

I have good weeks and bad weeks (this week is bad!) but i am going to stay on track. I have to for my sanity. Keep it up 2fat. You've done great so far, just keep going.

Keep reading, the girls and guys are great on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

After my spectactular gain of last week 8lbs I am glad to say this week I lost 7lbs (always find fresh fat easy to lose)

I ate all my dailsy 30 pp and 54 weeklys

I did no activity as am medically barred from activity as present due to either nerve or muscle damage in my neck and completly doped up as on five different drugs to help the pain.

I have not been on since sunday is there a new league starting

numbernerd wrote: »
    The league look likes is going to be a great success! Good Luck GT and well done for taking it on :)
    To be fair, it was Eircom_suck's idea origionally
    Kay_80 wrote: »
    Actually I just went onto the WW uk site & checked my BMI .... I'm now at 30 which means I'm overweight but not obese/ very over weight yay!! (ok I know this is prob no big deal for most of ye but I'm 5.3 so it is to me! Woo hoo mini goal reached. Going to paint my nails later to celebrate! :D

I'm .8 from dropping below 30 myself!!! I CAN'T wait!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

aspie mum wrote: »
    After my spectactular gain of last week 8lbs I am glad to say this week I lost 7lbs (always find fresh fat easy to lose)

I ate all my dailsy 30 pp and 54 weeklys

I did no activity as am medically barred from activity as present due to either nerve or muscle damage in my neck and completly doped up as on five different drugs to help the pain.

well done aspie, a half a stone in 1 week is amazing regardless of last week. Keep it up. Re the exercise, i find its only extra.... i still loose without it

aspie mum wrote: »

yup, if you want in PM me your WI weight next week(wk starts tomorrow, finishes fri), 'rules' are in my signature

right i've had my mini splurge this evening! Ready to get back on the wagon tomorrow! Mother load off house work tomorrow! that'll be my exercise!

The office is a KIP! notes and Biology stuff everywhere! My bedroom is no better....must go hunting for socks tomorrow....i've all odd socks!

Summer to do list!

Lose at least ONE stone!
    Drop at least one jean size!
    Get Camera Fixed!
    Whale Watching!
    Toilet Train, Lead train & basic obedience with new puppy!

anyone have any 'significant' targets in their sights?

As you might have read previously, I'm 0.8 away on the BMI scale from no longer being obese, I'm 3Lbs away from saying goodbye to the 15st and start working my way down the 14s, 3% away from having lost 15% of my starting weight, ...

oh and sunday I'll have been on my WW journey for 100days

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Summer to do list!

Lose at least ONE stone!
    Drop at least one jean size!
    Get Camera Fixed!
    Whale Watching!
    Toilet Train, Lead train & basic obedience with new puppy!

some nice targets there .... how about 'training' the date-man?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    some nice targets there .... how about 'training' the date-man?

Realistic targets...I hope I surpass them! :) Plan on losing alot of inches,
    I know the scales might only show small loses cos i'll be toning. Wanna hit 5 stone by this xmas, and another 4 or 5 next year! So i have end of summer goal, end of 2011 goal, I'll work on 2012 when it comes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

As you might have read previously, I'm 0.8 away on the BMI scale from no longer being obese, I'm 3Lbs away from saying goodbye to the 15st and start working my way down the 14s, 3% away from having lost 15% of my starting weight, ...

Like you GTI one of my targets is getting my BMI into the overweight range then hopefully 'normal'..have gone from a BMI of 42.2 to 31.2 so have knocked 11 off it..only 1.3 to go to under the 30;)

Find these little mini goals and targets on the way are a great incentive to keep going and not get too overwhelmed by the big number.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I am:
    • 1.5lb away from getting into the 14's.
    • 5lb away from my 7th silver seven.
    • 6lb away from 50lb's lost.
    • 7lb away from having lost 20% of my starting weight.
    • 12lb away from my 4th stone.
    • 42lb away from being classed "overweight" rather than obese. <- :eek:

At an average of 1lb a week (some I might gain/sts/half a lb, some I might hopefully lose more) I hope to have the weight off in 76 weeks (have still got 76lbs to lose) which would be October 2012. For some that might seem like A LONG time but I am happy with it. I of course would like it to be sooner, but I am ok with that, sure it took me over 13 years to put the weight on.

Going to focus on the above goals, and relish each dress size I go down, that will be/feel amazing in itself.

Oh and this is my 26th week of WW.

Realistic targets...I hope I surpass them! :) Plan on losing alot of inches,
    I know the scales might only show small loses cos i'll be toning. Wanna hit 5 stone by this xmas, and another 4 or 5 next year! So i have end of summer goal, end of 2011 goal, I'll work on 2012 when it comes!

you're right to focus on the inch loss lainy. one of the things I regret most is that I did'nt keep a record of my measurements since I started in ww..

did keep pair of trousers I wore to my first weigh in (this time round) and jesus, its some motivation to put them on and see the difference..specially when its so gradual, reminds me of my starting point and how far I've come :)

starlight1 wrote: »
    Like you GTI one of my targets is getting my BMI into the overweight range then hopefully 'normal'..have gone from a BMI of 42.2 to 31.2 so have knocked 11 off it..only 1.3 to go to under the 30;)

Find these little mini goals and targets on the way are a great incentive to keep going and not get too overwhelmed by the big number.:)

I was born and raised(17years) in belgium but have lived here for last 16years so would be a comfortable with Lbs as I am with Kgs, so I constanslty switch between both to find mini goals for my self, 3 lbs will get me below 15st, then my next target is 90kg, then 14st, ....

I am:

At an average of 1lb a week (some I might gain/sts/half a lb, some I might hopefully lose more) I hope to have the weight off in 76 weeks (have still got 76lbs to lose) which would be October 2012. For some that might seem like A LONG time but I am happy with it. I of course would like it to be sooner, but I am ok with that, sure it took me over 13 years to put the weight on.

Going to focus on the above goals, and relish each dress size I go down, that will be/feel amazing in itself.

they are all nicely with in range from each other. ie when you hit the first it's 'only' another 3.5 to the 2nd target, which will have you with in 1lb of the 3rd target,....

best of luck with them

I was born and raised(17years) in belgium but have lived here for last 16years so would be a comfortable with Lbs as I am with Kgs, so I constanslty switch between both to find mini goals for my self, 3 lbs will get me below 15st, then my next target is 90kg, then 14st, ....

mini goals are the way to go! good to have the personal milestones and I think whatever works to keep us motivated has to be good..makes it much more achievable too...

I am:

WOW you've done amazing in 26th weeks! thats barely 6 months...

I joined ww November 18th 2009! I'm way behind where i should be! but important thing is....i'm still aimed in the right direction....just got a little lost along the way!

starlight1 wrote: »
    you're right to focus on the inch loss lainy. one of the things I regret most is that I did'nt keep a record of my measurements since I started in ww..

did keep pair of trousers I wore to my first weigh in (this time round) and jesus, its some motivation to put them on and see the difference..specially when its so gradual, reminds me of my starting point and how far I've come :)

i can never figure out how to measure inch loss properly....so i go by my jeans lol. My SOME DAY jeans! when i started....they didnt go past my kneees......end of last year they were up to my thighs....at the moment i can get my ass in....they just dont close! lol

hope to wear them this christmas (i've had them for like two years)

i can never figure out how to measure inch loss properly....so i go by my jeans lol. My SOME DAY jeans! when i started....they didnt go past my kneees......end of last year they were up to my thighs....at the moment i can get my ass in....they just dont close! lol

hope to wear them this christmas (i've had them for like two years)

nothing like a clothes incentive to keep motivation up! and sounds like you won't be long before you're in those jeans...;) If the ass is in your nearly there (Ive been there!)

It's gas, I'm living in jeans these days but before this time in ww I reckon I hadn't worn jeans in at least 10 years, could never get them to fit..its so great to be able to say "ah sure I'll just wear my jeans"..:p

• Advertisement

god this place is tearing tonight. usually friday nights are dead. god its quite sad that i know that lol.

Right I'm off to bed....i definitely need my beauty sleep!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement