Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal TV Shows (megamerge)

Options
  • 06-05-2006 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I know its a crappy hoax but its "Live" tonight from 9pm on Living TV if your sitting around doing nothing!

Is Most Haunted fakes? 22 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 22 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

was watching it last night :) freaky deaky
    Its a whole lot more credible now acorah isn't around and Ciaran O Keeffe's input last night made it interesting, him having a reasonably respected position in the group. (and him being the guy who ousted acorah for bs'ing)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Havent watched it for ages, because I hate all the table tipping and seance stuff they do, but maybe like you say its better now that Kreed Kafer is gone. Wont catch it tonight but its usually on for a few nights, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

it was on yesterday and today and it might be on tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

KatieK wrote:
    Havent watched it for ages, because I hate all the table tipping and seance stuff they do, but maybe like you say its better now that Kreed Kafer is gone. Wont catch it tonight but its usually on for a few nights, right?

I love that Kreed Kafer story. Poor Derek...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I watched it last night. I see Yvette is still on her usual 'I'm not scared, you don't frighten me' followed by ' Aaarrhggghhh, what was that!'.
    If I was a ghost I'd slap her.

• Advertisement

heheh
    my fav was when she walking into the attic and she was being all brave, which was promptly followed by "FÙCK..what was that..oh wait it was just my shoe"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I just can't take MH that seriously any more... not that I watch it these days, mostly because I haven't got Living TV at hom, just the standard channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

after I heard the whole thing was a set up I went off it like milk in a microwave. Kind of like pro wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Zillah wrote:
    I love that Kreed Kafer story. Poor Derek...

What was that all about, I haven't seen it in ages.

Did watch some of it on Friday and also last night, it was ok, but have to say you do miss DA, if nothign else he is alot more colourful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

That new medium Ian someone, looks just like Harry Hill!
    Do you know I agree with gillo, he may have been odd but you do miss old Del boy, never mind I'm going to see him in September. Even though he's about as pyschic as I am.

• Advertisement

kreed kafer
    did anyone see dereks appearance on Tv's 100 most funniest moments? Think he made it into the top 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Just want to make this poll to get all the opinions..

Is most haunted fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I did think you'll get all the opinions with a poll like that. How about a few more options?

I personally feel that though incidents have been faked there is no way you can discount as everything that has happened in all the years of MH has been faked.

With regards to Derek Acorah, i think that he gave into pressures involved with the LivingTv CashCow and laid it on thick but dont believe that that has always been the case.

I cant vote with just the options given.

What options then?

Well its you that wants to know what people think but maybe some options like.

1) Yes I believe it was faked from the start - its entertainment after all.
    2) No I believe it is genuine though some people may over react.
    3) I believe it started off genuine but has been force to "get results".
    4) I cant say either way though some of the incidents are very interesting to watch.
    5) I dont care if its faked or not its rubbish.
    6) I dont care if its faked or not its just entertainment.

Pick some of these if you think they are suitable - but its your thread so do with it as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The question that the OP chooses to ask is his/her prerogative, the same applies to polls.

6th wrote:
    Pick some of these if you think they are suitable - but its your thread so do with it as you like.

Like i said at the start, I would have a problem responding to this poll and was just trying to point out that he may get a better response with more choice.

Peoples opinions are not always cut and dry especially in an area like the paranrmal as they have not much solid to base it on.

At the end of the show you'll notice they state (audibly) that MH is psychic entertainment. I haven't been a regular over the years so I don't know is this clause was only added after viewers complained to ofcam, who ruled that the TV show contains "a high degree of showmanship that puts it beyond what we believe to be a generally accepted understanding of what comprises a legitimate investigation. On balance, we consider that overall Most Haunted & Most Haunted Live should be taken to be a programme produced for entertainment purposes.”

Ofcom has also been quoted in conjunction with the Most Haunted case of saying "As such this programme should be seen in the light of shows where techniques are used which mean the audience is not necessarily in full possession of the facts." Thats the official stance. Imo, it just a TV show, albeit with some elements of truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Reaphoenix

Hiya,

I have to agree with 6th regards to Derek Acorah, also I don't think its very intelligent if you are sensitive in any way to go around letting yourself get possessed-it must leave a mark on you

Regards to all

Reaphoenix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

I have observed David Acorah on many occaisons and it left me with the conclusion that he plays purely on the reactions of the people in prensense not the dead, We all get overwhelmed but that guy is a total fake...

Anybody can talk like that man, all you have to do like most crooked mediums, is to get a bit of knowledge on the site, history and the person who is supposed to pocess you, almost like learning scripts for the days of our lives:rolleyes:

finally if you believe that man, You might need a kick up the arse!

I don't think the show is fake, but it's aimed for the entertainment, what isn't these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Derek Acorah is hilarious. He seems to just make up words as he goes along! I've often found myself in stitches while he explains his surroundings and his interpretation of the ghosts. Top quality TV! :D

Slurms wrote:
    Derek Acorah is hilarious. He seems to just make up words as he goes along! I've often found myself in stitches while he explains his surroundings and his interpretation of the ghosts. Top quality TV! :D
    Does that not annoy you :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

But what about the orbs? How do you explain them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

I want it to be real.

But what about the orbs? How do you explain them?

I dont know if is sarcastic or not but i think most people are out on what orbs are. Theres been plenty of threads on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Currently reading a book called "Will Storr Vs The Paranormal", in which he attends an episode of Most Haunted Live, as a verifier, he caught a glimpse of the production assistant's schedule, on it were marked the times where Derek would experience a "happening".

Haven't watched a live episode, but in the nonlive episodes I liked the way they have the sceptic give explanations for all the "happenings" that occur. Stealing the thunder from anyone who'd try to criticise the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

solas wrote:
    was watching it last night :) freaky deaky
    Its a whole lot more credible now acorah isn't around and Ciaran O Keeffe's input last night made it interesting, him having a reasonably respected position in the group. (and him being the guy who ousted acorah for bs'ing)

how did he oust acorah? ... not a regular watcher of most haunted

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Prefer Dead Famous, because at least the presenter (whose name escapes me:mad: ) has a healthy dose of scepticism.

Cactus, that book is brilliant but remember he does say that stuff happened that he couldnt explain - battery failure and lights etc.
    I think maybe there is a difgference between "is most haunted a fake" and "is derek acorah a fake".

I recommend everyone read the Will Storr book - he's a very good reporter and throws himself at the paranormal putting himself in situations most people wouldnt go near just to see what exactly is going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

KatieK wrote:
    Prefer Dead Famous, because at least the presenter (whose name escapes me:mad: ) has a healthy dose of scepticism.

Agreed. Gail Porter is the wee lass. I love dead famous. Much more scientific in my eyes. Chris Fleming doesn't go overboard and admits that he cant see spirits etc just feels them. Its a very good show. Great one last night with the tv turning off and the shadow in the mirror. Plus they use EVP more ofen which usually guarantees a sleepless night for me!:rolleyes:

Advertisement