Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRiver IHP-140

Options
  • 04-10-2004 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,801 ✭✭✭✭

iRiver IHP-140 is now available for only €350 from here.

You can also pick it up in Dixons for only €369.99! Probably worth the extra €20 if you ever have problems with it.

Great Mp3 player, great price. I paid €460 for mine and I still feel it was worth every penny:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

20gb iPod or iRiver?im going to buy one or the other tomorrow and am completly undecided.help someone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Iriver all the way!

play's all file types, easy to use, can be used as aportable HD too. You are not restricted to usung itunes.
    I had a chance to try both and I defo think the iRiver is beter, i also got the iriver MP3-CD player (slimx) and it is very very good.

Just look at the spec of the two!

ok,thanks superman.where can i get one in town do you know,and approx price?when i think i have my mind made up on one i change to the other....aghhh so annoying..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Is that Dixons price for their stores in Dublin or online? If it's in Dublin I'd imagine it's only the 20gb model as Harvey Norman are selling the HP-140 for €499

• Registered Users Posts: 20,801 ✭✭✭✭cormie

All Dixons stores in Dublin, they will be out of stock for about another week or two though. 20G is €299, 40 is €370. €499 from Harvey could be for the 20G H300?

Besty, an extra €70 will get you twice the space. You will probably need it some day. I think it is worth it for the extra bit of cash, after all you'll be spending €300 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I know peats has the ihp-340 but its atleast 70 quid more expensive than the link posted in the first thread, biying these things online is perfectly safe and you save a packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I was torn between the I river and the ipod too but then I found the creative zen touch (20gig) which combines the pro's of both the ipod and iriver. A definate winner in my view. If your buying one tomorrow check out some reviews.

Try

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk

Its a very good site for reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Superman wrote:
    biying these things online is perfectly safe and you save a packet.
    yes 99% of the time. But I am still amazed at the 299 iHP120 in dixons, I have never seen it at that price online. I got one new on ebay for 305. peats are still charging.... just checked

Peats have it for 299 too! 399 for the iHP140

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

DOES IT FU<K, Stop talking our your arse....It is larger, it needs software to work, it does not play as many formats...they are all compared to the iriver. thats just for starters...
    That site you meantioned is good though, because you can do a compare with different productions and see the differences quiet easily...

toil

sprinkles wrote:
    I was torn between the I river and the ipod too but then I found the creative zen touch (20gig) which combines the pro's of both the ipod and iriver. A definate winner in my view. If your buying one tomorrow check out some reviews.

Try

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk

Its a very good site for reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

sprinkles wrote:
    creative zen touch (20gig) which combines the pro's of both the ipod and iriver. .

nice 24hr battery life. The iriver still has the radio (an accessory on the zen) and inline remote (i thought i would never use it but have never had it disconnected once) and direct encoding, optical in and out (can record music dvds direct as full quality wav or 360kps mp3), you also get the microphone, extensions, line in lead and carrying case (you get a case with the zen, not the ipod).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

toil wrote:
    DOES IT FU<K, Stop talking our your arse....It is larger, it needs software to work, it does not play as many formats...they are all compared to the iriver. thats just for starters...
    That site you meantioned is good though, because you can do a compare with different productions and see the differences quiet easily...

toil

Well if he's talking out of his arse, then get your head out of your arse. If the man says that the Zen Touch is the jobbie for him, then you have no right to tell him otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

Ras,
    The man gave his opinion, i gave mine and backed it up.
    He said it was better i am disagreeing that does not mean my head is up my arse, obviously you know this guy.

Anyway, am leaving it there (anybody who has done any sort of looking into these productions knows the story)

Well if he's talking out of his arse, then get your head out of your arse. If the man says that the Zen Touch is the jobbie for him, then you have no right to tell him otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

I recently bought the ihp-140 (very good). I upgraded the firmware after getting it but does any one know how to delete songs on the player?(sorry if off topic)
    I would highly recommend the iriver, the people I know have not been very happy with the ipod after while.

Hey Delta, It took me ages to figure out how to do it too, I eventually read the firmware page and got it.

You have to have the player in STOP MODE as in, no song playing, then you can go from song to song deleting them, you have to have delete selected in the option menu though:)

Technically, the IHP-140 is the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

cormie wrote:
    iRiver IHP-140 is now available for only €350 from here.

You can also pick it up in Dixons for only €369.99! Probably worth the extra €20 if you ever have problems with it.

Great Mp3 player, great price. I paid €460 for mine and I still feel it was worth every penny:)
    You can get the 40GB iRiver IHP-140 from Amazon as well for £239.99 about €347.

sci0x wrote:
    You can get the 40GB iRiver IHP-140 from Amazon as well for £239.99 about €347.

Thats excluding delivery though! MX will actually only cost about €345:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

thanks for the cormie. It has been nagging me for the past couple of days.

just in case anyone was interested as to what i actually bought, i went for the 20gb ipod.couldnt get it in loads of o2 shops so was unbelievably close to going to dixons for the iriver but eventually got one in henry st. Must say i think its great so far. it would want to be for €340 though i suppose. thanks for everyones advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Why did you choose the iPod out of a matter of interest? Seems like practacally everyone was advising you to get the iRiver.

And now it seems for another €5 you could have got double the capacity, more features and much more satisfaction.

It's the fashion appeal I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I want the iriver 140 - anyone know where I can get it in Cork?

Amazon works out about 370.

check out the first post:D

I don't think there's a Dixons in Cork.

Well get it from here (click this) :) over amazon.co.uk. It's only about €345 here. Or else you could get it when your in Dublin for €370 from Dixons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

cormie wrote:
    And now it seems for another €5 you could have got double the capacity, more features and much more satisfaction.

It's the fashion appeal I suppose.

i bought a 20 gig ipod today, and your right the styling did play an important part, its sexy.

I think the iriver looks sexier.

I wont deny it looks good, and better to allot of people. But the IHP has so many advantages.

Buddy, you're right, it is sexy, just wait till you get the thing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

If iriver starting advertising in europe with slim, sexy, big bosomed chicks holding it, while laughing and looking provocatively at another guy. Then the iriver might be sexy too...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Was in Dixons in Jervis Centre today and the guy there knew nothing about them having IHP-140s, although he did say to come back on Saturday when they get new stock in. They had the IHP-120 for €299.

As regards the debate on the relative styling of the iRiver versus the iPod, personally I think the iRiver is a bit ugly and the appearance is further marred by the mass of technical labels on the back. By comparison the iPod is very sexy, but the IHP-140 comes loaded with way more features and it'll spend most of the time in my pocket anyway, especially as it has an excellent remote control - something the iPod lacks, so that's what my money will be going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Exactly, these things spend most of the time in your pocket, so really how it looks shouldn't be important.

Advertisement