Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London - February 27th 2016

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I'd guess they will bring McGregor over as one of the guest fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mousasi got Leites for the co-main in London. Leites should have got the decision over Bisping in Glasgow and Mousasi will have a point to prove after getting kicked off the Bisping match so this may be be a decent matchup.

I actually agree with you re: the Leites decision in Glasgow. I thought so watching it live in the SSE and when watching it back. However, per MMA Decisions only 2 of 18 media members gave it to Leites. You're actually the first person I've heard agree with me on the decision.

Paully D wrote: »
    I actually agree with you re: the Leites decision in Glasgow. I thought so watching it live in the SSE and when watching it back. However, per MMA Decisions only 2 of 18 media members gave it to Leites. You're actually the first person I've heard agree with me on the decision.

Maybe because I was at the SSE aswell? I remember booing from the crowd so maybe it looked more dominant live. Also, there's very few fighters I'd be biased towards even if Bisping was a 'home' fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

No chance *any* numbered events would be on PPV in Europe for at least 5 - 10 years, the UFC need to grow the brand and they only way they can do that is via a media company willing to promote UFC to the mainstream.
    If the UFC do go to Sky i'd imagine the fighters in Ireland and the UK would welcome it with open arms, imagine the air time they would get on Sky sports news, this in turn increases their profiles and with profiles come endorsements.

After watching CB Dolloway give Bisping trouble dropping him twice,Im very confident of what ever anderson shows up ko'ing him.

• Advertisement

Manuwa bout with Krylov scrapped due to 'injury'
    Call me cynical but i'm not convinced its genuine

Call me cynical but i'm not convinced its genuine

Why wouldnt he want to fight in his hometown?

Here's the start of it now. Watch Silva fail his pre-fight test. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they'll get another opponent sorted for Krylov. Being based in Europe, Jan Blachowicz would be a good option.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Why wouldnt he want to fight in his hometown?

I'm saying UFC cut this to bring the card back to 13 fights. 2 months is plenty of time to seek a replacement, they didn't even try.
    Jimi is decent but he's not exactly a draw, never noticed him being that well supported. I'd say they offered him more money or a more favourable fight to move onto a different card. Krylov would have destroyed him in his own backyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BAMMA

13 fights? Not a patch on our 18 fights at BAMMA 24 at the 3Arena on 27th Feb, plus our event features homegrown irish talent from top to bottom. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,197 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

But...

Anderson Silva.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    But...

Anderson Silva.

giphy.gif

BAMMA wrote: »
    13 fights? Not a patch on our 18 fights at BAMMA 24 at the 3Arena on 27th Feb, plus our event features homegrown irish talent from top to bottom. ;)

I know a group of people that would love to have gone to BAMMA (including myself) if only it wasn't on the same day as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Long shot but anyone looking to offload tickets that can't attend now?

Luke Rockhold, Forest Griffin and Big Nog confirmed as the 3 guest fighters for this.

Also, this is pretty funny:

Theres rumours on twitter that bisping is injured and romero is facing Anderson now,not seen and reputable sources report it though so probably bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Stemmed from this post from Romero lastnight it seems:
    @mixedstrikingchampionship when you train with the best you only have one thing to become at the end. February 27th event is going to be GREAT

Add in some rumours about Bisping limping at a press event or something.. could all be nonsense though

michael ‏@bisping 3m3 minutes ago
    3 more weeks. Feeling great. No injuries and in the best shape of my life , Morgan Freeman doesn't Stand a chance. @ufc @danawhite
    26 retweets 32 likes
    Reply Retweet 26
    Like 32

Seems all is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Thank goodness for that. I don't particularly like him as a person but I'd love to see him win one big fight and hopefully set up a title shot for himself as a result.

I think he'll lose though and remain the gatekeeper of the division.

He has an excuse now already if he loses,didnt want to let the fans down fought through injury ect..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

It's probably silva that's out.

I'll jump out of the plane on the way over if this doesn't go ahead.

Paully D wrote: »
    I'll jump out of the plane on the way over if this doesn't go ahead.

Dana might catch you mid air as he's flying over to the O2 from bamma

https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/696792033713901568

https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/696792258226606081

Romero won't even have his passport in time for London. ****ing clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

although already confirmed this is from the horse's mouth so to speak

https://twitter.com/bisping/status/696800850904109060

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus if it happened that Silva pulled out I would be sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Ive always liked Bisping, I know many haven't but this video is so cringeworthy. I loved Silva before he got caught juicing and I do want Bisping to win because of that.

Cant stand bisping I hope anderson highlight reel ko's his ass.

I love the way Anderson can speak perfect yet still plays the terrible English speaker card whenever gets a chance and uses a poxy translator, so annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I love the way Anderson can speak perfect yet still plays the terrible English speaker card whenever gets a chance and uses a poxy translator, so annoying.

Well he has been living in the states a few years now so I am sure his English is a lot better than it was previously.

There is a big difference between being able to speak a second language and being comfortable with it in a business or professional/formal setting, the often tonation, expressions and vocabulary used would be very different from having a casual chat. With international media coverage you are also exposed to a host of different accents in your second language. I am sure he uses a translator to ensure he is missing as little as possible.

What I find annoying is people who cannot speak any other languages criticising methods of understanding for those who do.

Advertisement