Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NFL Superbowl XLIX

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

see this as very similar to last year against the broncos only that this year the hawks have a ring to show. Peyton had a better core last year than brady does this year to throw to, but brady is a better game manager than peyton.

I fear that the pats may be rolling out the same excuses as XLVI where they had no major threat downfield.

Think it will be closer than last year, but defence wins out on these occasions for me, so its the hawks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Two Superbowl wins in a row!

Cant wait! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Seahawks
    see this as very similar to last year against the broncos only that this year the hawks have a ring to show. Peyton had a better core last year than brady does this year to throw to, but brady is a better game manager than peyton.

I fear that the pats may be rolling out the same excuses as XLVI where they had no major threat downfield.

Think it will be closer than last year, but defence wins out on these occasions for me, so its the hawks again.

Pats are a better team, and have a better big game QB and a better secondary then the Broncos had.

Seahawks are not the same team as last year, hard to know what will come from them, they have looked so poor at times this year. Should be a close one but if the Pats can get out to a lead and force them to throw the ball more it should be a huge help, having to play from behind against them is not something you would want to do at all, probably even less so then the Ravens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Where is a decent place to watch this in Dublin?

The Woolshed was packed last year, despite going about 5 hours early, and I expect it to be even worse this year considering that the Pats are in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Where is a decent place to watch this in Dublin?

The Woolshed was packed last year, despite going about 5 hours early, and I expect it to be even worse this year considering that the Pats are in it.

Who would be the most followed NFL teams in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Seahawks
    TheDoctor wrote: »
    Who would be the most followed NFL teams in Ireland?

Pats, Packers (what with the massive Green Bay-Ireland connection of course, makes total sense ;) ), Giants, Bears, and for some reason when you're in the Woolshed there's often lots of Ravens fans as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Seahawks
    Expect the Patriots to win 10+.

This is NOTHING like last year whatsoever.

you mean they havent won in 10+ years? is that what you mean? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Seahawks
    Pats, Packers (what with the massive Green Bay-Ireland connection of course, makes total sense ;) ), Giants, Bears, and for some reason when you're in the Woolshed there's often lots of Ravens fans as well.

Steelers and the Rooney connection too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Seahawks
    you mean they havent won in 10+ years? is that what you mean? :D

I think he meant they will have been to their 6th superbowl in under 15 years, which is no mean feat in the free agency era. :)

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    I think he meant they will have been to their 6th superbowl in under 15 years, which is no mean feat in the free agency era. :)

agreed, but to be fair, its only winning that counts. And 10 years is a long time (and too long a time) to have a supposed GOAT QB/Coach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Seahawks
    agreed, but to be fair, its only winning that counts. And 10 years is a long time (and too long a time) to have a supposed GOAT QB/Coach

Don Shula went 20 years without winning a Super Bowl, 12 of which were with Dan Marino under centre. Their legacy isn't questioned as frequently. Funny that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Seahawks
    Don Shula went 20 years without winning a Super Bowl, 12 of which were with Dan Marino under centre. Their legacy isn't questioned as frequently. Funny that!

Not to mention it was also the non cap era.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Poll is closed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Poll is closed??
    Naw, that's the final score:pac:

43-24 to the Patriots

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

From Adam Schefter, Marshawn Lynch is costing himself an absolute fortune in fines this season, it'a absolute stupidity from him with this amount of money being thrown away.
    NFL fined Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch $20,000 for an obscene gesture after his TD in Sunday's NFC Championship game, per an NFL official.
    But that was just the start of what was a costly Sunday and could be a costly Super Bowl week for Lynch.
    The NFL is considering fining Lynch "significantly more" than the $50,000 it has fined him in each of the past two seasons for not speaking to the media, something Lynch declined to do post-game again Sunday, per an NFL official.
    Now, this is another issue that threatens to hang over the Super Bowl week with Lynch being required to speak to the media Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
    An NFL official said there would be increasing fines for each session Lynch missed, with each fine being more than the two $50,000 fines already imposed and the upcoming one that soon is expected to be handed down.
    As of now, the NFL and Seahawks are in discussions about the best way to handle Lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

For anyone interested in actual illegal activity that had an actual outcome on the game Scott Kasmar has just put a pic up on Twitter of the onside kick the Seahwaks recovered on Sunday - 6 players on one side which is an illegal formation!

Pretty massive miss by the officials by the looks of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

taidghbaby wrote: »
    For anyone interested in actual illegal activity that had an actual outcome on the game Scott Kasmar has just put a pic up on Twitter of the onside kick the Seahwaks recovered on Sunday - 6 players on one side which is an illegal formation!

Pretty massive miss by the officials by the looks of things!

And it looks like he was wrong!! Nothing illegal here!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Seahawks
    taidghbaby wrote: »
    And it looks like he was wrong!! Nothing illegal here!

I was thinking 6 on one side was normal. One big thing though was the penalty after the Wilson sack for the hit on Matthews. It was ruled to have happened during the play so if accepted it would have been a replay of down. The play was clearly over though so it should have been second and 45 instead of 30.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Seahawks
    I think it's obvious that God just wanted the Seahawks to win, which is why all of this happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seahawks
    So the officials missed it and then missed it again on review? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Seahawks
    Lads, my apologies for the Poll being closed. I set up the Poll to close on the 01-02-2015. So I've no idea what has happened. I didn't even vote myself yet :(. I have contacted the Mods about this and hopefully they can sort out the gremlins.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Seahawks
    Feck me, that must be a Boards.ie record. PM sent and Mod overlord sorts poll out as soon as I made the above post. impressive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

I'm getting a feeling of deja vu here, substitute Denver for most of the comments about New England, substitute Brady for Manning and how the Patriots defence is going to handle the Seahawks offence(with how Denver were going to handle them) and Elway(now Brady) is going to add another Superbowl ring to his collection except it didn't work out that way.

I can't believe that the Seahawks will play as badly against the Patriots as they did against the Packers and I think the shock of nearly going out before half time will have shaken any complacency that may have set in.

I think Bellichick always has some tricks up his sleeve, but Pete Carroll is no slouch in the trick department either. Brady will provide a sterner challenge than Manning did last year, but they say defence wins championships and Seattle showed last year that they have the defence to take over the game. So I fancy the Seahawks by a single score.

I'm amazed given the current poll result here, with the Patriots fancied by a margin of almost 2 to 1, to see that the Seahawks are 1pt favourites with the bookies, obviously Boards has a lot of Patriot fans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Seahawks
    i hope and pray the pats win I'm starting to very much dislike this seahawks team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Seahawks
    As a Packers fan, I'm really hoping the Pats deliver the smack down upon Seattle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Seahawks
    Trolling at it's finest...

B7-CW-ZCIAABNE4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

heyjude wrote: »
    I'm amazed given the current poll result here, with the Patriots fancied by a margin of almost 2 to 1, to see that the Seahawks are 1pt favourites with the bookies, obviously Boards has a lot of Patriot fans

I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe it's the historic Boston Irish connection leading to the Pats support.
    I was in Seattle last week for the Packers game, fantastic atmosphere and a great bunch of fans!
    I don't understand the hate for the 'Hawks here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Seahawks
    Jamsiek wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe it's the historic Boston Irish connection leading to the Pats support.
    I was in Seattle last week for the Packers game, fantastic atmosphere and a great bunch of fans!

i agree in fact i would wager ireland has close to more pats fans than all other teams combined.

the hate for the hawks has nothing to do with there fans really (although i do feel that they are overrated) more to do with the players who where amusing to start with but most people iv talked to (and me) are sick **** of them at this stage id love to see a few of those players play on one of the worst teams in the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Seahawks
    Jamsiek wrote: »
    You don't? Listen for two minutes to Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, Marshawn Lynch, or Pete Carroll, and come back to us.

Advertisement