Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Put this on to keep it interesting. You know, because opening Sunday is usually so boring and tedious...

2GU3X59.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Double: €10 to win €33.61
    Tom Brady Over @ 5/6, Total Passing Yards(269.5), New England Patriots At Miami Dolphins
    Chad Henne Under @ 5/6, Total Passing Yards(253.5), Jacksonville Jaguars At Philadelphia Eagles

Double: €10 to win €36.50
    New England Patriots @ 20/21, Handicap(-4.0) At Miami Dolphins
    New Orleans Saints @ 20/23, Handicap(-3.0) At Atlanta Falcons

Five bet accumulator: €5 to win €280.64
    San Francisco 49ers @ 20/23 to win, At Dallas Cowboys
    New England Patriots @ 20/21, Handicap(-4.0), At Miami Dolphins
    New Orleans Saints @ 20/23 , Handicap(-3.0), At Atlanta Falcons
    San Diego Chargers @ 27/20, At Arizona Cardinals
    New York Giants @ 5/2, to win, At Detroit Lions

Decided to take a stab at PPs 20 percent extra five bet accumulator deal, Giants is a bit of a risky one but is the last game of the lot so at those odds if it gets to it I will probably cover. Just couldnt say no to the value at those odds, especially with both teams typically being quite tricky to predict in terms of how they will do in recent years and it being week one.

No real eventful bets unless the accumulator comes off, the first few weeks of the season are always really tricky unless betting in running I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I like all of these today. Obviously as its the first regular season game its a bit risky.

PHI Eagles -10.0 @ 20/23
    PIT Steelers -7.0 @ 1/1
    NE Patriots -4.0 @ 10/11
    NO Saints -3.0 @ 10/11
    TB Buccaneers -3.0 @ 1/1

Also did a TD anytime scorers bet. 7 folds from 9 selections.

Arian Foster (HOU Texans) @ 4/5
    LeSean McCoy (PHI Eagles) @ 2/5
    Zac Stacy (STL Rams) @ 5/6
    Brandon Marshall (CHI Bears) @ 8/11
    LeVeon Bell (PIT Steelers) @ 5/6
    Doug Martin (TB Buccaneers) @ 1/1
    Julius Thomas (DEN Broncos) @ 4/6
    Jimmy Graham (NO Saints) @ 4/9
    Vernon Davis (SF 49ers) @ 4/6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

4 fold

Vikings (+3.5)
    Patriots (-4)
    Bucs to win
    Saints to win

Works out a bit better than 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Billy86 wrote: »
    I would be pretty cautious about it to be honest, though the odds are good. Sadly, so long as someone like Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr or Manziel get 12+ starts and play just decently (or a running back gets 1,200+ yards and some TDs) they will win it. Only two non QB/RB rookies have won the award in the last 20 years, one of which was Randy Moss having an all pro, all time type rookie season in 98, and the other being Percy Harvin getting to the Pro Bowl and picking up over 2,000 total yards (a team record) while the only QB/RB of note was Knowshon Moreno squeaking in at 1,038 yards in what was a notoriously weak draft at the top end littered with busts (Stafford only threw for 2,267 yards in 10 games with a QBR of 61.0).

Not a fan of the QB/RB boas when it Co es to awards. Sure, the QB is by far the most important player but when JJ Watt was barely even considered in 2012 I just gave up caring.

I agree with your points but I just don't see this QB class having much of a say this year. Bridgewater and Bortles maybe but at 17/1 I reckon Benjamin is without doubt worth a small stake. Too generous odds for me to turn down anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Two 6pm bets.

Atlanta to beat New Orleans at 2.410 for 3 Points.
    KC-3 to beat Tennessee at 1.917 for 4 Points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

My picks for today. Selections return 45e for 2e stake

Don't seem to understand how to bet the spread... Just go for teams to win

[IMAGE]https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/645912/321320.JPG[/IMAGE]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Now would be a good time to get on the Vikings at 23/10 for week one, Tampa Bay at 10/11 for week 2, and the Rams under 7.5 wins at 6/5

Vikings +6 10/11 and the 23/10 to win are the big ones for me today.

Couple of others: Panthers to score 0 or 1 TD at 5/1 and 11/5 dutched. Rob Gronk under 87.5 yards at 10/11. Saints -2.5 10/11 and Titans +4.5 10/11 from a week or so back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd advise you to get straight on the under for Gronk because its unlikely he gets much(if any) time on the field today.

Yeah I backed it earlier. Very surprised with such a high line (Grahams was about 75 i think) especially given the injury.

Cam out 3/4 weeks according to Glazer. Just backed them to finish 4th in division at 9/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I like EJ Manuel under 210 yards passing. I expect the Bills to run a lot today with their 2 backs.

Vikings over the Rams as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Yeah I backed it earlier. Very surprised with such a high line (Grahams was about 75 i think) especially given the injury.

Cam out 3/4 weeks according to Glazer. Just backed them to finish 4th in division at 9/4.
    When I read your post I thought it said over for Gronk. That is why I was advising you to get on the under.

While its a great bet if things go well, I'm not sure its a safe one. If the Patriots go behind early we might see a lot of him.

Derek Anderson starting so I presume? He usually does alright in his first game in and then goes to pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Gone heavy on the Ravens to get the season off to a winning start.

Gone heavy on the Ravens to get the season off to a winning start.

Eeek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

What's peoples thoughts on the Bucs game with Newton out? Looks like the line has moved to -5 from -3.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

BKWDR wrote: »
    Eeek

As bad an offensive 2 quarters ever seen in the NFL. Altho I hear Nick Foles is doing a good job to match it.

As bad an offensive 2 quarters ever seen in the NFL. Altho I hear Nick Foles is doing a good job to match it.

Just check out my bets and do the opposite! Ha

Went for the under in the san fran game for 5 Pts at 1.909.

Very lucky to get the under on that.

Over on the Denver game for 3 pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Well that was a fairly awful start for me. Of the three bets that I lbacked a week ago (Bears -6.5, Steelers -6 & Panther +1), the one I wanted to get out of (after Cam Newton ruled out with injury) was teh only one that came in.

Had some shockers like Jets -5.5, Broncos -7.5 and Broncos to score more than 31.5 points that just have you tipping your hat to the bookmakers as they drive past you in their latest sportscar.

• Advertisement

Losers all around on my part! Was only betting my winnings from the over in GB/SEA so not too worried.

Bets were placed on in a bit of a rush before heading out to watch the GAA, the only real shock for me was NE/MIA, especially when they had picked up the lead. But weeks 1-3 are always a bit of a crap shoot really.

Went 4-1 yesterday +11.915 Pts.

Overall this week 5-1 +16.585 Pts.

Is there anyone that can link me to somewhere that simply explains what you guys are betting?

When i log on to PP i see the TO WIN bet.

Then under i see the + or - generally for the favourite. So Seahawks might have been -3 , so that means that they start with a 'handicap' of -3 right?

I just don't understand 'the spread'. i take it that's what you bet on? I take it that this is what gives more favourable odds?

Yeah, the spread is essentially the handicap. So tonight for example The Lions are at -6.5, which means if you bet on them to win with handicap you need the Lions to win by 7 or more points. Basically as far as your bet is Co corned, the Giants start with 0 points and the Lions with -6.5.

On the other hand if you back the Giants at +6.5 they would need to win, draw, or even just lose by less than 1-6 points. So basically for your bet, the game would start with that same scoreline of the Lions at -6.5 points.

Also on PP at least they will 'push' handicap ties, so if you back a team at -4 and they win by 4 points exactly, you get your money back and neither win nor lose. This is because at -4 your team would need to win by 5+ points for you to win your bet, but would need to lose/draw/win by 3 or less for you to lose it. That's the difference in a handicsp/spread of say -3pts and -3.5pts.

Tonight's bets.

Ny Giants +6 at 1.862 for 3 Pts

Arizona/San Diego under 46.5 at 1.952 for 4 Pts.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

SameOleJay wrote: »
    One unit Denver -7
    2 on Rams @ 10/17

Bears stink the joint out and then this. Double whammy.

Rams were farcically bad last night.

Got stung by the Saints giving up a field goal in normal time and then fumbling in overtime to hand the victory to the Falcons.

Other than that, the Bucs also didn't help. Didn't think Derek Anderson was going to perform that well and Josh McCown that badly.

Like the Lions tonight -6 and the unders in the other game.

Like the Lions tonight -6

And of course a family do keeps me from getting in to back this until it's 20-7 and now the Lions go further ahead. This better not be an omen for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

matthew8 wrote: »
    Hate betting on over/under. Anyway, time to start a log. Might be a good idea for everyone who wishes to increase their betting credibility.

1 unit on Kansas City to win 1.54, 1 unit Panthers to win 2.19.

+.19. Liking the look of Chargers +5.5, Jaguars +6, Bills +1 and 49ers -7.

• Advertisement

Went 1-1 yesterday +0.808 Pts.
    Overall 6-2 for week 1 +17.393 Pts.

Advertisement