Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ok, right you are. (Hopefully our forwards have a better sense of direction on Sunday, than I do. :D ) Home via d'land of d'langers it is so. At least that is in the right direction. Tralee/Listowel aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭MOTM

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ok, right you are. (Hopefully our forwards have a better sense of direction on Sunday, than I do. :D ) Home via d'land of d'langers it is so. At least that is in the right direction. Tralee/Listowel aren't.

Must be difficult not having all yer games at home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

MOTM wrote: »
    Must be difficult not having all yer games at home :D

No, not really. I never get lost getting to/from Parnell Park. The traffic on the Malahide Rd can be a bitch though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Folks - am thinking of coming home from Killarney, via Mallow and then on to the M8. I would normally come home via Limerick, but I want to avoid the Sunday evening bottlenecks in Rathkeale and Adare.

Would this be a good idea and if so, would the best route be from Mallow to Fermoy & onto the M8, or to continue on to Mitchelstown & pick up the M8 from there?

Is there much of difference between the two & is the Killarney to Mallow road decent enough?

Cheers.

Up The Dubs ! :D

you wont be saving much time going via Mallow - only possibility is that 90% of the dubs and north kerry traffic will be going the same route as you if you go the other way, so perhaps you will run into issues at Farranfore, Castleisland,Abbeyfeale, Newcastlewest but then again you may not.

once you are out of Adare though, you are only 1 hr 40 from Dublin.

in terms of actual distance, they are both almost exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Always go via mallow regardless, you can get caught for a half hour in Adare on a good day.

• Advertisement

anybody nervous about the game later?

our backline is too suspect in my opinion, doesnt inspire confidence at all, though i guess no better exposure for the lads than to be playing Dublin.

Sherwood at 6 is very interesting - his last outing against Dublin was a complete disaster so im sure he will be well pumped up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sluggish enough first half,Dublin seem to be first to everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Paul Geaney really needs to learn how to kick the ball with his left foot.Twice today he was in good goal scoring positions but cut inside onto his right foot into traffic and ended up losing the chance.

Pitch looks very heavy which seems to be slowing the pace of the game down but its an enjoyable enough match so far in my opinion.

Getting on top now,whatever was said at half time its working so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Donaghy tearing the Dublin defense to shreds, Kerry very comfortable here.

• Advertisement

Fecking soft goal to give away

After a slow enough first half the lads put in a great second half some lovely scores taken,

Nice to get a win over the dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

After a slow enough first half the lads put in a great second half some lovely scores taken,

Nice to get a win over the dubs.

Yes great burst at the beginning of the second half set them up nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Feisty end to it. Nice to have stopped that run of losses against the Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

anybody nervous about the game later?

our backline is too suspect in my opinion, doesnt inspire confidence at all, though i guess no better exposure for the lads than to be playing Dublin.

Sherwood at 6 is very interesting - his last outing against Dublin was a complete disaster so im sure he will be well pumped up for it.

Sherwood TG4 Man of the Match.

Good call homerjay !

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Feisty end to it. Nice to have stopped that run of losses against the Dubs.

Ya,when something like that kicks off its where you need an Eamon Breen/Liam Flaherty to sort things out.

A lot of handbags been thrown around.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gaga84

Well that puts to bed the myth of Dublin having the best panel in Ireland. Plenty of average players on show by them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭wonga77

scrappy enough game but the weather played its part. Hard game for the ref too tbf but I though he did well.
    Dublin persisting with this short kick out routine wasnt working at all, annoying to watch.
    A win is a win though and another important 2 points

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

gaga84 wrote: »
    Well that puts to bed the myth of Dublin having the best panel in Ireland. Plenty of average players on show by them today.

The conditions were appalling, the refereeing dreadful.

Trying to start scraps all over the pitch to run the clock down is an easy tactic and the Dubs were dragged into it. A lot of the players on both sides were far more interested in settling scores than scoring them.

Donaghy's goading of players is laughable.

Anyway no medals won today.

STB. wrote: »
    The conditions were appalling, the refereeing dreadful.

Trying to start scraps all over the pitch to run the clock down is an easy tactic and the Dubs were dragged into it. A lot of the players on both sides were far more interested in settling scores than scoring them.

Donaghy's goading of players is laughable.

Anyway no medals won today.

Yes we was dreadful, should have given at least 2 more black cards to Dublin players alright. Now what does that have to do with the myth created by Dubs, and yes by Dubs and no one else, that they have the best panel in the country?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

You mustn't watch much football. Kerry won the all ireland this year and so have the best panel in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Both sides were filthy today. Lots of elbows, knees and fists being left in.

Good to win but it was a weak enough Dublin team.

Great second half blitz during the blizzard.

Sherwood, Kilkenny, Moran and Maher were very good.

Referee did Kerry a few favours, Donaghy was lucky not to get a second yellow and O'Brien (I think) pushed out with his hand into the Dublin players face, don't think he even got a yellow.

Defensive 6 worked really well. We were very poor in attack in the first half. Far too much handpassing and no movement from the forwards.

Buzz Meeks wrote: »
    You mustn't watch much football. Kerry won the all ireland this year and so have the best panel in ireland.

Is that so? Plenty of people, mostly Dubs have been trying to claim last year was down to luck and that Kerry were ''average'', and that they still have the best panel. So good in fast that their second 15 would beat most other counties...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

Is that so? Plenty of people, mostly Dubs have been trying to claim last year was down to luck and that Kerry were ''average'', and that they still have the best panel.

The team that wins the all ireland is the best in the country. You're the only one that seems to be having difficulty with that concept. When you say "plenty" of people i'll ask you to name one. Quote one? Post a link to one.

Just one gaga.

One shouldn't be too hard should it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone want to tell me what I'm missing about Michael Geaney? I really don't see it with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone want to tell me what I'm missing about Michael Geaney? I really don't see it with him.

Can't help you. I'm as dumbfounded by his continuing selection as you are.

Everybody deserves chances and some like BJ Keane eventually reward those chances but I just can't see it with Mikey.

I'll never criticise decisions by Eamon Fitz, but Mikey Geaney is just not an inter county standard forward.

Buzz Meeks wrote: »
    The team that wins the all ireland is the best in the country. You're the only one that seems to be having difficulty with that concept. When you say "plenty" of people i'll ask you to name one. Quote one? Post a link to one.

Just one gaga.

One shouldn't be too hard should it?

Cant post up links, but just go to hoganstand and see for yourself, and thats just one site you can look at

smashing win, excellent performance in the second half and very happy with the win.

jack Sherwood man of match, Kilkenny, Griffan (second half), Moran, Sheehan, BJ (second half), Buckely and O Brien were all outstanding.

delighted for Sherwood, was today the day his intercounty career finally started?
    Whatever was said at half time its working so far.

we put 15 players on the pitch by removing Mikey Geaney. the man should never again start a game for Kerry, he was shocking.

keane2097 wrote: »

I think hes had his chance and its time to move on from him. Kicked a good score but was poor overall, There are a few others in the same bout who i think its time to forget about at this level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

On Mikey Geaney - who were the other options to start ahead of him today given the subs bench was

Brian Kelly
    Tommy Walsh
    Barry John Keane
    Killian Young
    Kieran O’Leary
    Padraig O'Connor
    Alan Fitzgerald
    Philip O’Connor
    Shane Enright
    Peter Crowley
    Paul O'Donoghue

This discussion has been closed.