Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Dammit! Drug cheats in Irish Athletics. That's my rant!!

Couldn't even throw a qualifying standard! What was the point?

irishsportscouncil.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

jays, there's a lot of baggage in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I absolutely hate when I shart during an LSR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

People who enter a race only to proclaim they're not racing it, normally for fear of being by someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭aero2k

... capitalization .. :)
    American spellings....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Injuries.
    Feeling your hard-won fitness slip away while injured.
    Being stupid, and trying to train through injury and making it worse.
    Being narky with people because of the above.
    Not learning from your mistakes :)

aero2k wrote: »
    American spellings....

No.

OED says -ize

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/ize-ise-or-yse

*People who cannot use Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

interns on a Friday. enthusiastic little bollixes. making me drink jaegerbombs on a school night the young fnckers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭aero2k

dna_leri wrote: »
    No.

OED says -ize

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/ize-ise-or-yse

*People who cannot use Google.

People who use Google inappropriately - the OED accepting it doesn't make it any more acceptable to me!:pac:

I'm still going to hold out on colour, labor, mold....

And don't get me started on mangling the language and inventing ridiculous words - I work for a multinational and we get subjected to such atrocities as words like de-savings and "solution" being used as a verb. It takes a lot of running-generated endorphins to cope with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

When your better half uses your Garmin and doesn't switch it off meaning it goes dead 5 mins into a tempo run. That's not as annoying as now knowing I can't pace myself for sh*t.
    That and Justin Beiber.

• Advertisement

People who use Google inappropriately - the OED accepting it doesn't make it any more acceptable to me!:pac:

I'm still going to hold out on colour, labor, mold....

And don't get me started on mangling the language and inventing ridiculous words - I work for a multinational and we get subjected to such atrocities as words like de-savings and "solution" being used as a verb. It takes a lot of running-generated endorphins to cope with that sort of thing.

In today’s highly competitive marketplace, we need to drill down into the detail and architect a solution that enables us to think outside the box and find a way to re-engineer an impactful response to this paradigm shift. The ball's in your court.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭conavitzky

Signs up on the roadside advertising races that took place 2 months ago. Take them down you lazy f*cks. You put them up and took peoples money for your event. The least you could do is take your signs down!
    Not exclusively confined to running events. Also included under this rant - good luck wishes to GAA clubs, Sligo Rovers in the FAI Cup final, Election posters, Mary on some vote in music show on tv.
    People shaking buckets in your face at traffic islands collecting for charity. Sponsored Bed and tractor pushes (WTF!) In fact pushing anything on a road!
    Peolpe throwing rubbish out of their cars.
    Up for the match the night before an All Ireland final - What a turkfest.
    Any sh*te on TG4 involving some gimp with his eyes closed lamenting sean nos style.
    Pr*cks that go to sporting events that are more concerned with getting bananas drunk rather than watching the actual event. This Country has f*ck all true sports fans, just full of event junkies and bandwagoners.

People who use the words "essentially" and the phrase "going forward" the whole time (Brian Cowan has a lot to answer for on the latter one)
    Pr*cks at meetings who waffle on about stuff that has nothing to do with whats on the agenda because they want to sound important. Get to the f*cking point, you are talking sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

...And don't get me started on mangling the language and inventing ridiculous words - I work for a multinational and we get subjected to such atrocities as words like de-savings and "solution" being used as a verb. It takes a lot of running-generated endorphins to cope with that sort of thing.
    conavitzky wrote: »
    People who use the words "essentially" and the phrase "going forward" the whole time (Brian Cowan has a lot to answer for on the latter one)
    Pr*cks at meetings who waffle on about stuff that has nothing to do with whats on the agenda because they want to sound important. Get to the f*cking point, you are talking sh*t.

You haven't discovered the game of "b******t bingo" then ? A vital skill in corporate world. Before entering a meeting all participants write down a list of silly over-used preferably fake words - e.g. "synergistic". As the meeting progresses you get to strike them out, signal your success covertly to the participants, AND it looks like you are dilligently taking notes. See ... all is fixable with the right attitude ... Go Team!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭notsofast

Signs up on the roadside advertising races that took place 2 months ago. Take them down you lazy f*cks. You put them up and took peoples money for your event. The least you could do is take your signs down!
    Not exclusively confined to running events. Also included under this rant - good luck wishes to GAA clubs, Sligo Rovers in the FAI Cup final, Election posters, Mary on some vote in music show on tv.
    People shaking buckets in your face at traffic islands collecting for charity. Sponsored Bed and tractor pushes (WTF!) In fact pushing anything on a road!
    Any sh*te on TG4 involving some gimp with his eyes closed lamenting sean nos style.
    Pr*cks that go to sporting events that are more concerned with getting bananas drunk rather than watching the actual event. This Country has f*ck all true sports fans, just full of event junkies and bandwagoners.

Phew, all this on a Friday afternoon. Hate to see your list on Monday morning.

notsofast wrote: »
    Phew, all this on a Friday afternoon. Hate to see your list on Monday morning.
    I turned to the dark side for a while, Lots of bottled up emotion came flowing out there (work related). I feel whole let better now. Think I will vent every Friday. TGIF!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

#smarmy fcukim runners runnin by wen ur stuck in traffic ...

ultraman1 wrote: »
    #smarmy fcukim runners runnin by wen ur stuck in traffic ...
    People texting while driving.......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

People texting while driving.......:rolleyes:
    People who presume.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Mobile phone networks selling me a 'no-brainer' cheaper plan over the phone that'll make my bills cheaper every month based on current usage, then waste an hour of my time when I realise they're ripping me off, and won't let me change back. Great way to spend a Friday night. F***ing a**holes

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭plumber77

Full marathoners that complain about relay and half marathon runners flying past near the end of an event. Who gives a toss..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Hand painted signs that say "Tractor Runs" that send me burd off scurrying to enter said race......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

This weeks Rants:

Drivers who think they own the roads. Was running to work this week over back roads. There is about a 200m stretch with no footpath running into a blind bend so I move to the left of the road (with the flow of traffic). A driver has to slow down to pass me going into the blind bend so he winds down the passenger window and shout 'get off the f***ing road, you have no place on it' etc etc :mad: All because I hold him up for a few seconds

Walkers in parks who panic when they see or hear you running towards them. They start flailing all around the path trying to get out of your way thinking you might run into them, causing you to stop. Jesus H Christ just because I am running doesn't mean I am blind. just hold your ground and I will run around you :mad: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Experienced several times this morning with running against the traffic.
    Car in front doesn't indicate so the car behind has no idea there's someone/thing on the road :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Happy saps who set up "rave threads" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Standing in the cold for 3 hours - kids training & matches - feet numb. Freezing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

People declaring your mad for running in a bit of heavy rain. It wasn't even cold so I actually find it enjoyable to run in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Race organisers in the West of Ireland charging OTT entry fee's cause their route is very scenic indeed!!
    brimfieldcows.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Whatever becomes of this thread, THIS has got to get a prize!!
    Made me laugh it did :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

May as well join in on the fun! :)

- Sh1tetalk on training logs. You have to dig through 3 pages of absolute nonsense to find a training update half the time. The culprits know who they are! It's now spreading to the main forum.
    - Distance runners who possess the genuine belief that because they spend longer on their feet their event is "tougher" and their training is "harder".
    - Backslapping, particularly among 4 hour + marathonners.
    - Cliques
    - Joggers/ walkers who think it is unreasonable to be asked to move out of lanes 1-3 when sprinters/ middle distance runners are closing in on them!
    - Carmalita Jeter
    - Irish and British people who feel the need to bag their own country to convince themselves that they have made the right decision to move abroad.
    - Irish people who are convinced they are living in poverty despite the fact the country remains in the top 15 countries in the World based on GDP per capita. Try Central African Republic, Somalia or Nepal as an alternative.
    - Australians (particularly those who have not traveled) who believe they live in the best country in the world.
    - Americans (particularly those who have not traveled) who believe they live in the best country in the world.
    - Jamaican sprinting
    - The assumption from non-runners that because I run it must be marathons that I do!
    - DCM related threads
    - Spanish football (and sport in general)
    - Turkish athletics
    - North African athletics
    - Ultra runners who compare a top 10 finish in a World 100km to a top 10 finish in an Olympic 1500m. Get real!
    - The Usain Bolt media circus. Away from the cameras he really is not very friendly and is quite moody!
    - Championship races involving Mo Farah. A mildly exciting (though predictable) final 400m with a roaring crowd does NOT make up for 11 and a half laps of inactivity!
    - Obesity
    - Obese middle aged men who run corporations.
    - Sepp Blatter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Chivito550 wrote: »
    May as well join in on the fun! :)

- Irish people who are convinced they are living in poverty despite the fact the country remains in the top 15 countries in the World based on GDP per capita. Try Central African Republic, Somalia or Nepal as an alternative.

Absolutely. Especially when it's used as a reason to call for the end of foreign aid or a reason to turn away asylum seekers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement