Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

TRR wrote: »
    [Rant] mods sticking their noses in when drquirky wants to start a virtual fight :)

Someone has to lead the charge of the keyboard cowboys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Rant:
    People who have been telling me every single time I've met them over the last 8 years that I've lost a lot of weight and could do with putting on a bit. Yes, make yourself feel better about your obesity by telling me that I'm too skinny, that's it.
    Rant Over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

There is a whole forum for this on boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=7 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

TRR wrote: »
    [Rant] mods sticking their noses in when drquirky wants to start a virtual fight :)

Had to get him back for referencing my beer mile :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Drove to a nearby trail entrance this morning to do a nice hill run. The entrance was deserted but there was a sign up which said Firearms in Use. No Entry. On one hand fair play to the hunters doing the right thing and putting the signs out as they should but wtf who does hunting on a Sunday morning on a public amenity? For all I know the signs could be up for the entire weekend. I mean who polices this stuff anyway. :mad::mad::mad:

On the other hand I've plenty of other route options down my way so it wasn't the worse thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Drove to a nearby trail entrance this morning to do a nice hill run. The entrance was deserted but there was a sign up which said Firearms in Use. No Entry. On one hand fair play to the hunters doing the right thing and putting the signs out as they should but wtf who does hunting on a Sunday morning on a public amenity? For all I know the signs could be up for the entire weekend. I mean who polices this stuff anyway. :mad::mad::mad:

On the other hand I've plenty of other route options down my way so it wasn't the worse thing ever.

Fair play for going out for a run anyway. I got up at 10:30 and made breakfast burritos. Yum. Lying on the sofa now, can't move. No energy to have a rant at anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Dodging bullets would be good motivation to run faster though ;)

If Kurt was with me I might have gone. 2 targets would divide their attention.

I could lend him an antler hat I've specially made :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

who does hunting on a Sunday morning on a public amenity?

Shooting season started 1st Nov. Heard them myself this morning, helped focus on the tempo part of the run:).

slowsteady wrote: »
    Shooting season started 1st Nov. Heard them myself this morning, helped focus on the tempo part of the run:).

I bet they don't close the Phoenix park for the hunters to go at it :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Stupid ****lng fat doctors with dirty fingernails who insist that having a heart rate of 84 is perfectly normal and healthy and won't listen when i try to explain that it's far from normal for me. 50 quid i got nothing for except a headache...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

was looking forward to some asparagus with bernaise for tea,,,think i could find some taraggon,,,hollandaise will have to do,,,

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ososlo wrote: »
    Stupid ****lng fat doctors with dirty fingernails who insist that having a heart rate of 84 is perfectly normal and healthy and won't listen when i try to explain that it's far from normal for me. 50 quid i got nothing for except a headache...
    I got that before when my hr was lower than normal. I was told I was very fit, and sure shouldn't I be delighted? No consideration for the fact that I know this it was not normal for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Ososlo wrote: »

That's why I think it's better (but not always possible I know) to deal with a doctor who has some history in sport or running. My doctor runs himself so knows all the issues that can occur when you're training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Hate it when people can't understand why I'd go running in the rain. Like today its a bit misty out, nothing to heavy and they couldn't get over the fact that I'd run in it. Sure might aswell not bother doing my 7 miles tonight so in case I get wet, I'd be better off planked on the couch watching TV and eating biscuits instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Bus W*nkers

They spread out from the bus shelter every morning blocking the whole footpath and then to add insult to injury they stick their arm out to hail the bus and clothesline me after I've already taken my life in my hands by jumping into the bus lane to avoid them.

At least it's only in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Hate poxy traffic and radio not working !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I f&cking hate runners moaning and whinging about non runners and their pesky normal habits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

hate people who always have smiles on their faces. They are just asking for a punch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Falafel for lunch, a bit generous with the garlic mayo, belched and heartburned my way around 10 miles this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Poor grammar is a pet peeve of mine (See thread title).

Text talk on internet forums is another. How much precious time does it take to type the whole four letter word rather than an abbreviated two character version? (Again see thread title).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Poor grammar is a pet peeve of mine (See thread title).

Text talk on internet forums is another. How much precious time does it take to type the whole four letter word rather than an abbreviated two character version? (Again see thread title).

Technically, the grammar is fine. It's the spelling, punctuation, capitalization and text speak that is at fault. My pet peeve is grammar-nazis. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Red Belly

Prelude to Rant: I've struggled with niggling injuries. Work commitments limit my training time. I've adopted a very conservative training strategy based on the Galloway method that keeps me relatively injury free, gets me through marathons with small improvements to my pb and gives a much better recovery (and time) than when I ran the whole way. I walk 30secs every five minutes. I train that way. It took a bit of getting used to but it works for me.

Rant: Dear Fat Spectator, don't freaking yell at me at mile 19 or so "C'mon, a gentle jog is better, a gentle JOG is better, RED BELLY!! A GENTLE JOG IS BETTER!!" while struggling to keep up with me during my walk break and I already smiled and told you it was "all part of the plan". (But thanks for the support).

rb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Arsenal fans - the only thing worse than Arsenal fans are Liverpool fans.

And people who change the Boards name - wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

You're dead right Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Meh, soccer fans, you're all the same to me, I equally think you're all mad.

#Mindthegap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

And people who use hash tags................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

people who are good at things without having to train at them

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    people who are good at things without having to train at them

Almost no one like that- most lads you see running quick times train their asses off...Very common misperception of newbie runners actually- no idea how hard the top guys work to get where they are- your eyeballs would explode if you saw an elite training regime!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement