Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Got these of KeithGeo. Had one as a kid & playing it today instantly brought me back 20 years :cool: The blue one needs looking at for a display issue, but they're cool little things.

33jgyvt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got a couple of retro bits delivered today. Another Gamecube to add to the collection, this time with the 4gamers screen.
    And a Dreamcast :)

dsc3271.jpg
    dsc3267e.jpg
    dsc3268d.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lol only noticed the 2 euro coin after a second look. Deadly. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    :D

dsc3273n.jpg
    dsc3274u.jpg

You can still get them in vending machines in Japan. A friend got one for me and posted it over. She's going to get me the rest of the collection as well. They cost about 200 yen each, or about €1.75.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My gods!
    That man has a giant 2 euro coin!!!!!
    Save yourselves!
    Classic consoles and children first!
    Actually, leave the kids, take more consoles!!!

That cube screen looks sweet, I presume it nets a a fortune?

EnterNow wrote: »
    That cube screen looks sweet, I presume it nets a a fortune?

Paid 50 euro for the screen as it was new and still in shrink wrapped box.

The postman was good to me again today.

New Dreamcast mouse and a new 3DO controller(The smaller FZ-JP1X version that was popular in Japan). The boxes are a little grubby but the mouse and controller are new and never opened, until I got my hands on them that is.
    Both of these are going into storage as I already have a couple of them that are in use so no need to grubby up these ones.

Also got a Game Gear and a few games, Game Gear has the usual electrolytic capacitor problem I think so is unusable in its current state. And I'm rubbish with a soldering iron :(

dsc3275i.jpg
    dsc3276w.jpg
    dsc3277.jpg
    dsc3280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

In town a couple hours ago and my brother rings me and asks me to pick up a game for him. Ask him what game and he says 'Tactics Ogre for PSP'. Says he saw it the other day in GAME on dawson st. I think he's gone mad but oblidge him, and sure enough there it is!

So to summarise: picked up tactics ogre premium edition for my extremely lucky brother!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

One of the guys on the JRPG forum went to every shop in town and couldn't find it!

Yeah couldn't believe it, didn't even bother looking when it came out to be honest, figured I'd just get it on PSN. Last game I scoured town for was inazuma eleven, to no avail. Ended up getting it online only for it to be French-language only...needed to brush up on it anyway!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did Inazuma Eleven get a release here!!!! ****!

Was meant to be, but none of the shops stocked it. Turned out that the English language release was delayed, though some made it out as a few people got their hands on it online. I'll make do with my French language version for now anyway!

Ah so it's coming later?

To be honest I haven't checked in the last few weeks, since the mainland Europe release. I would imagine so but no idea what's causing the delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

My most recent new finds below, sorry about the picture quality:

OkamiZeldaParasiteEve2-S.jpg

Picked up Zelda & Parasite Eve 2 from Adverts.
    Unfortunately Zelda is without a map and Parasite Eve without its Instruction Manual but they'll be fine to play either way.
    Okami came from a Market over the weekend.

My Zelda Collection now stands at:
    ZeldaCollection-S.jpg

Now to go on a hunt for those Zelda gameboy games...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thats a lovely collection, you should keep an eye out for the Zelda Bonus Disk with OoT and MM, its fantastic, but then, you probably know that!

I loved The Minish Cap, did not get to the Oracles series though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lovely!

Although I can't believe I missed Zelda: LTTP box on adverts. I have everything else from it, including the map and the little hints and tip booklet that came with it.

I think I heard rumour somewhere on the net, might have been here, that Nintendo might do an Anniversary Collection for Zelda similar to the recent Mario Bros Collection that came out before Christmas. That'd be super sweet.

If I find a second box I'll keep you in mind o1s1n.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

If I find a second box I'll keep you in mind o1s1n.

Cheers! I've been trying to find a box on it's own for ages. I'ts pretty much impossible.

Almost bought one from the US a few months back, but then decided against it as the PAL box is much nicer than the US one and I want it 100% PAL authentic.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I loved The Minish Cap, did not get to the Oracles series though..

The Oracle games are very underrated. Fantastic games but be prepared for a stiff challenge.

Must watch out for them in Rage and the markets, not going to use ebay for a while, made a decision just now to avoid that den of lovely things....

You don't see them that much. ebay would be your best bet really.

Master of the Universe

I'm trying not to buy things lately, so was going to put this up in the auction thread as I already have a cart of the US release...and I remember Jack saying he wanted a copy.

However after thinking about it for about 10 minutes (!)..and then thinking how I only had a cart (with a torn label)..I just couldn't resist and bought it myself.

A Japanese copy of MUSHA for €44.90!

IMGP8179.jpg
    IMGP8180.jpg

The top of the label is lifting a bit at the back, but for €44.90 I can't complain, the booklet and box look absolutely mint. I'll try to fix the label once it arrives.

IMGP8181.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

pretty nice, trying to save for the 3ds right now but when i get some money in my paypal, musha, pulseman and the wily wars are on the top of the hit list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

"I'm trying not to buy things lately"-

so much for you staying off ebay then :D

Master of the Universe

pretty nice, trying to save for the 3ds right now but when i get some money in my paypal, musha, pulseman and the wily wars are on the top of the hit list

I've given up on the 3DS dream for a while. Just seems like too much to be spending on a handheld. I'd be extremely paranoid of losing it.
    DickyC wrote: »
    "I'm trying not to buy things lately"-

so much for you staying off ebay then :D

Hah! It's a sickness! I did the whole 'I'm not buying, but I'll go for a browse' thing...we all know that's when you find the best bargains!

What does Aleste mean in Japanese? I presume the above has nothing to do with Super Aleste on the SNES, as in the same kinda game universe or something?

• Advertisement

Not much out in Balbriggan Market this morning.
    A few PS2 games scattered around (predominantly sports titles).
    I did see a Crystal XBOX with no games for €40 (a bargain if ever I saw one) and someone had a SNES console but just that, no wires/ controllers.

I came home with Ridge Racer Revolution & Smackdown 2, both PS1, for €1. Better luck next week maybe.

Master of the Universe

What does Aleste mean in Japanese? I presume the above has nothing to do with Super Aleste on the SNES, as in the same kinda game universe or something?

Both Musha Aleste and Super Aleste are part of the Aleste series. I have no idea how all the games are linked apart from the names...can't say I even know what Aleste means!

All I know is that Musha is one of the best Megadrive games and quite possibly has the best chiptune generated rock soundtrack I've ever heard.

I don't actually have Super Aleste for my Snes..I'll have to pick that up along with Robo Aleste for the Mega CD.

Not much out in Balbriggan Market this morning.
    A few PS2 games scattered around (predominantly sports titles).
    I did see a Crystal XBOX with no games for €40 (a bargain if ever I saw one) and someone had a SNES console but just that, no wires/ controllers.

I came home with Ridge Racer Revolution & Smackdown 2, both PS1, for €1. Better luck next week maybe.

Lets hope so, I usually go every other week, next Sunday is my day to root about, SO BACK THE FUP OFF MF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

You're going to hate me, I got a Virtual Boy for a fiver in balbriggan today :D It's missing the tripod and theres a crack in the corner of one lense but hey, it was €5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭yrwhu8jxtni06a

You're going to hate me, I got a Virtual Boy for a fiver in balbriggan today :D It's missing the tripod and theres a crack in the corner of one lense but hey, it was €5.

Waits for the i hate you/jealous remarks to come in,good news they are often broken up for parts,eye piece here-

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-3D-VB-L-R-EYE-CAPS-repair-parts-/180635224564?pt=Video_Games&hash=item2a0eb2c9f4

Stand here- http://cgi.ebay.ie/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-Table-Stand-ONLY-/360347973761?pt=Video_Games&hash=item53e669b881

There is a VB on sale in adverts,im sure hes open to offers.

Master of the Universe

What?!!?!?!!?

Okay that place sounds like El Dorado. Congrats! That's an insane find for an Irish market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Well I haven't tested it yet as I haven't got 6 AA batteries lying around, but if it does I'll probably just put together a makeshift stand for it. Thanks for the link to the lenses though, it didn't occur to me that I could just buy replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Eff this, I'm gonna have to start going out to balbriggan market cos most of the car boot sales / markets areoung here have feck all goodies at all:(

I tip my hat to you sir. Good find.

No where near as good as a virtual boy but I got Forbidden Siren in box with manual and the included postdcard in gamestop limerick for 6 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Virtual boy for a fiver!?

I'm never looking in this thread again :(

Congrats on the find dude!

• Advertisement

Not really one for the repair thread as I've already covered it, but that GameGear I got from Infideals (pics earlier in this thread) got the cap treatment tonight. The screen is a washed out blurred mess...and that's with brand new caps! :D Early 90's lcd tech had a loooong way to go really :(

egpa2r.jpg

Thanks to KeithGeo for having a game there for me to test mine with! A bit of pillaging never went amiss :D

All in all it cost me £3 for the GameGear, & £5 odd for the cap kit (postage too obviously)...but well worth it I think. I've amassed a small few games for it so far (still all buried in the attic) but I think I'll continue to buy for it.

Honest question about the gamegears, do you owners actually play them with the screen in that condition? What's the point of changing caps to fix sound etc if nothing can be done with the screen, or is there a mod for it?

Just curious, similar with the Nomad - it wouldn't get much play at all only for the screen mod.

Master of the Universe

Honest question about the gamegears, do you owners actually play them with the screen in that condition? What's the point of changing caps to fix sound etc if nothing can be done with the screen, or is there a mod for it?

Just curious, similar with the Nomad - it wouldn't get much play at all only for the screen mod.

Ah, the odd time. It's just better to have one that works as it did out of the factory than not work at all. Plus it seems like a cheap enough fix.

When they figure out how to do an LCD mod I'll be first in line ;)

There's an led backlight mod which I did before but found it a waste of time. As to why I do them I've two reasons:

1) The barter system is alive & well :D

&

2) I guess it's a preservation thing with my own stuff. I've two of them now, & for the cheapness of the repair I'd rather say I've two working GG's, than two broken ones. I will play it, but more from a novelty point of view. We must not forget, at the time these were sh1t hot, & while we've been spoiled today with superior lcd tech, it simply wasn't around back then. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll not let the display technology take away from what the games are trying to offer. I'll play them with an open mind, & like all games from Pong to Crysis, if I like them I like them regardless of what they look like :)

They don't output RGB natively like the Nomad, so any screen mod involves building rgb amps & extra circuitry...don't expect me offering the mod any time soon :p

I guess it's a preservation thing with my own stuff. I've two of them now, & for the cheapness of the repair I'd rather say I've two working GG's, than two broken ones. I will play it, but more from a novelty point of view. We must not forget, at the time these were sh1t hot, & while we've been spoiled today with superior lcd tech, it simply wasn't around back then. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll not let the display technology take away from what the games are trying to offer. I'll play them with an open mind, & like all games from Pong to Crysis, if I like them I like them regardless of what they look like :)

Ah yeah fair enough, I wasn't knocking their looks (I hope you're not mistaking me for retr0 there!! :eek:), I was just wondering was the crappy screen off-putting. Surely it was clearer than that when first released?
    I totally understand having it working better than not.

Ah yeah fair enough, I wasn't knocking their looks (I hope you're not mistaking me for retr0 there!! :eek:), I was just wondering was the crappy screen off-putting. Surely it was clearer than that when first released?
    I totally understand having it working better than not.

I honestly couldn't say as I've only ever seen them in later years, but yeah, I guess that's more or less how they looked back in the day. I thought you were heading down the Retr0 road by comparing Atari abilities to Sony abilities etc :p but basically yeah that's it, I'd rather have it working than lying there rotting.

I got a couple N64 bits the other day.
    Cant get any games to boot up with the Equalizer plugged in :(
    The console powers up but no display or sound. Anyone used the Equalizer cheat cart before and have any problems?

dsc3296.jpg

dsc3297h.jpg

dsc3298u.jpg

dsc3303k.jpg

It's probably just dirty connectors. Clean them off with Q tips and rubbing alcohol.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's probably just dirty connectors. Clean them off with Q tips and rubbing alcohol.
    Tried cleaning it but no joy. will take it apart tomorrow and see if anything is broken etc inside

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement