Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The try harder if ye want a second joke thread thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Seamus was the most prominent businessman in town and, among other things, owned the only grocery store.
    He was aghast when a local girl informed him she was carrying his child.
    He didn't want to marry her but he didn't want to end up on the wrong end of a paternity suit either and so he did a deal with her whereby he would provide her and her son with groceries and provisions until he reached the age of 18.
    Every week she called to the shop and collected the bag of goods and when the son became big enough he was sent down to collect the ever growing bag.
    His little bit of pleasure now a distant memory, Seamus grew to resent more and more the weekly visit and the loss of money it represented.
    One weekend the, by now, strapping young man arrived with the bag as usual.
    "Any harm to ask you what age you are?" Seamus enquired.
    "I'll be 18 tomorrow", the young man answered.
    "Well, take this bag home to your mother and tell her that this is the last consignment of groceries she'll be getting from me. And watch the look on her face"
    The puzzled youngster related the story verbatim to his mother. After thinking about it for a while she said, "You go back down to Seamus and tell him that you're not his son at all, and watch the look on his face".

Shure,maybe it never hppened at all?

A woman has sued her local hospital, saying that after her husband was treated recently, he has lost all interest in sex.

A hospital spokesman replied, “The man was admitted in Ophthalmology - all we did was correct his eyesight ......”

A man takes a blond lady out to dinner for the first time.

Later they go on to a show.
    The evening is a huge success and as he drops her at her door he says 'I have
    had a lovely time.
    You looked so beautiful, you remind me of a beautiful climbing rose.

May I call on you tomorrow?'
    She agrees and a date is made.
    The next night he knocks on her door and when she opens it she slaps him hard
    across the face.
    He is stunned. 'What was that for?' he asked.
    She said 'I looked up beautiful climbing rose in the encyclopaedia last night
    and it said

Best suited for rooting against a brick wall or fence no good in an open bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kennyboy9563

I needed a pair of heavy duty trousers for work so I went into an army surplus shop and asked if they had any camouflage trousers. The bloke said he did and went off to get me a pair. After five minutes waiting,he came back and said "sorry, I can't see them anywhere"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

I needed a pair of heavy duty trousers for work so I went into an army surplus shop and asked if they had any camouflage trousers. The bloke said he did and went off to get me a pair. After five minutes waiting,he came back and said "sorry, I can't see them anywhere"

I just got sick in my mouth

• Advertisement

A couple were lying in bed together on the morning of their tenth wedding anniversary when the wife says, 'Darling, as this is such a special occasion, I think that it is time I made a confession: Before we were married I was a hooker for eight years.'

The husband ponders for a moment and then looks into his wife's eyes and says, 'My love, you have been a perfect wife for ten years! I cannot hold your past against you, maybe you could show me a few tricks of the trade and spice up our sex life a bit?'

She said, 'I don't think you understand, my name was Gordon and I played rugby for Leinster. .. ...'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

A couple were lying in bed together on the morning of their tenth wedding anniversary when the wife says, 'Darling, as this is such a special occasion, I think that it is time I made a confession: Before we were married I was a hooker for eight years.'

The husband ponders for a moment and then looks into his wife's eyes and says, 'My love, you have been a perfect wife for ten years! I cannot hold your past against you, maybe you could show me a few tricks of the trade and spice up our sex life a bit?'

She said, 'I don't think you understand, my name was Gordon and I played rugby for Leinster. .. ...'

i think the order's a bit messed up there buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

How did the electrician react when he lost his job?

He was shocked.

What happened to the postman who didn't do his job properly?

He got the sack.

What happened to the firefighter who didn't do his job properly?

He was fired.

Sorry ...... :D

i think the order's a bit messed up there buddy.
    how so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Some excellent jokes in the last few pages :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Dead Pussy

An old maid wanted to travel by bus to the pet cemetery with the remains of her cat.
    As she boarded the bus, she whispered to the driver, I have a dead pussy.

The driver pointed to the woman in the seat behind him and said, "Sit with my wife. You two have a lot in common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

How did the electrician react when he lost his job?

He was shocked.

What happened to the postman who didn't do his job properly?

He got the sack.

What happened to the firefighter who didn't do his job properly?

He was fired.

Sorry ...... :D

I love jokes where I don't have to think to get it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

My doctor told me I was extremely sick today.

I only asked him to add another finger during the prostate examination

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Markcheese wrote: »
    Just found this thread... Not funny ... In fact a total joke....

If you didn't give edam about it why post here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

2 men are on a boat, and 1 fella turns to the other fella and says "you fool , we've to p*ss in the boat now"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

There was a young lady from Rhyll

Who made people exceedingly ill

When they heard of her habits ..

Involving white rabbits

And a bird with a flexible bill......

A CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.

So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site.

She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, she approached him for an interview.

"Pardon me, sir, I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. What's your name?
    "Morris Feinberg," he replied.

"Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"
    "For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"
    "I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims."
    "I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop."
    "I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults and to love their fellow man."
    "I pray that politicians tell us the truth and put the interests of the people ahead of their own interests.."

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"its like talking to a f...ing brick wall."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

tunedout wrote: »
    2 men are on a boat, and 1 fella turns to the other fella and says "you fool , we've to p*ss in the boat now"

Hmmmmm, maybe you mean this joke?

Two guys were on lake fishing One of the guys gets a nibble and reels in his line. He caught a bottle. He uncorks the bottle and out come a genie. He grants him one wish, so the guy thinks and thinks. Finally he says "I wish this whole lake were beer!" Poof!!! The lake turns to beer. The other guy looks at him and said: "You idiot, now we have to piss in the boat!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Descartes walks into his local pub.

'Barkeeper, one pint of my usual please.' He says.

'René, we have some very fine new imports, would you care to try one?' Replies the barman.

'I think not.' Replies Descartes before disappearing into a puff of smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

There was this magnificent mathematical horse. You could teach it arithmetic, which it learned with no difficulty, algebra was a breeze, it could even prove theorems in euclidean geometry, but when you tried to teach it analytic geometry, it would rear back on its hind legs, kick ferociously neigh loudly and make violent head motions in resistance.

The moral of this story is that you shouldn't put Descartes before the horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Cecil and Basil two gay lovers were taking a stroll by the riverbank when suddenly Basil lost his footing and fell in. In his panic he screamed "throw me a bouy throw me a bouy

Cecil standing by the river felt so proud of his friend saying. " Oh good old Basil game ball to the last"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Police in England are searching for a Northern Transvestite, sources say he had a Wigan address.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

My 19yr old son won £21 million on the lottery recently. I was so happy for him but when I rang to congratulate him he didn't want anything to do with me. :eek:

His foster parents must have raised him to be a right miserable bastard !!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

chughes wrote: »
    What do you call a Corkman that eats donkeys?

an oscillator

What do you call a Corkman that goes to 2 masses a day?

Biafran

On a train from London to Manchester, an American was berating an Englishman
    sitting across from him in the compartment.

"You English are too stuffy. You set yourselves apart too much. You think
    your stiff upper lips make you above the rest of us.

Look at me ... I'm ME! I have Italian blood, French blood, a little Indian
    blood, and some Swedish blood. What do you say to that?

The Englishman replied, "Awfully sporting of your mother, old chap!"

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

I've had funnier toothaches- no offence 'old chap'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

So what if there's horse meat in Findus meals. Prince Charles has been eating horse for years now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Mr. Nice

So what if there's horse meat in Findus meals. Prince Charles has been eating horse for years now!

The funniest thing about this is the fact that somebody actually thanked it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Mr. Nice wrote: »
    The funniest thing about this is the fact that somebody actually thanked it
    Yeah, the dopey thankers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement