Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta €129 a year offer to replace the €99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

dubmick wrote: »
    Strange the way I haven't had a call yet, my annual deal ends on the 24th, tomorrow.

Did you not get an email? If you want the €129 offer, I'd give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My 2 monthly sub was due to expire on 1st December and I got a phone call from them tonight with the same again....2 months @ €10 a month. Took that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

muffler wrote: »
    My 2 monthly sub was due to expire on 1st December and I got a phone call from them tonight with the same again....2 months @ €10 a month. Took that.

when I cancelled Sky Sport yesterday
    the sky agent, slagged off the setanta pack's content as very limited
    it is very limited but some people like quality over the quantity from sky sport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Maybe its been mentioned here already but Sky Ireland will be showing Premier League 3pm games from next year - so if youre renewing Setanta it looks like you'll get less service for more money.

Maybe its been mentioned here already but Sky Ireland will be showing Premier League 3pm games from next year - so if youre renewing Setanta it looks like you'll get less service for more money.

some people have the setanta pack other things besides Eng Premier league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭yknaa

ftakeith wrote: »
    when I cancelled Sky Sport yesterday
    the sky agent, slagged off the setanta pack's content as very limited
    it is very limited but some people like quality over the quantity from sky sport

Cancelled SS last week (had 1/2 price) and was offered it for €25 p/m for 10 months. No thanks. Coughed up in full for Setanta again this year and bang much more use out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

ftakeith wrote: »
    some people have the setanta pack other things besides Eng Premier league

Did I say otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Depends on what they show instead of it. If they can sub licence a 2.30 kick off from the Bundesliga from BT then it would make their pack even better value than some left over Premier League fixture that Sky Sports or BT didn't want for their main picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just off the phone and took the €129 offer.

Did I say otherwise?

otherwise!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Ftakeith take a 48 hour ban for trolling, I'm really tired of warning you at this stage. Be aware that this ban isn't just for this incident but is for the cumulative of a number of posts where you have either trolled or strayed very very close to the line

• Registered Users Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Saw this advertised as a black Friday deal earlier, think it was on Facebook. Says it's for 1st 1000 customers only, for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Saw this advertised as a black Friday deal earlier, think it was on Facebook. Says it's for 1st 1000 customers only, for what it's worth.

If you are on €12.99 for 2 months can you still avail of this?

If you are on €12.99 for 2 months can you still avail of this?

No, I'm on about the 129 up front for the year offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I signed up on line with them last year for what I thought was 12 months. I never watch it and was gonna let it lapse. They then went and took out over €200 from my account. When I rang them up stating that I didn't want it they pointed to the small print t &cs :rolleyes: they stated that the contract rolls without the customer informing otherwise. I threatened them with all sorts but they re correct.

So just make sure ye cancel yer sub when the years up and then renew if ya want. Not only have I to pay for a set of channels I don't want but I see I'm also paying almost double what the rest of ye are paying:rolleyes:

No, I'm on about the 129 up front for the year offering.

What I mean is I asked for that offer (€129 one) during the week and they said no and offered me €12.99 for 2 months.

I'm wondering can I still sign up for the €129 offer tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

What I mean is I asked for that offer (€129 one) during the week and they said no and offered me €12.99 for 2 months.

Yes u still can get it added on or taken from when the 12.99 offer ends.
    Got it few days ago

The 129 offering was advertised on face book yesterday as a black Friday deal, open to first 1000 subscriptions. I'd take from this that it is available

Just realised when I took the €129 offer the other day that the card on their files is not working anymore.
    I got a new card a few weeks ago.
    What happens now??? :rolleyes::pac:

Court and prison :pac:

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Court and prison :pac:

Yeah but will I have Setanta there?:pac::pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    Yeah but will I have Setanta there?:pac::pac:
    Of course you will. He's a wee bit overweight but other than that he will look after you in the shower :eek:

On a more serious note it takes a couple of days afaik for the credit card issue to be noted as these payments are handled electronically and then whatever time it takes a human to contact you. So you could wait to be contacted by Setanta or just give them a quick call with your new card details which is probably the best option in order to avoid a temporary loss of service.

Rang earlier and got the offer commencing in December as I'm on €12.99 for this month. Payment will be taken in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

digzy wrote: »
    I signed up on line with them last year for what I thought was 12 months. I never watch it and was gonna let it lapse. They then went and took out over €200 from my account. When I rang them up stating that I didn't want it they pointed to the small print t &cs :rolleyes: they stated that the contract rolls without the customer informing otherwise. I threatened them with all sorts but they re correct.

So just make sure ye cancel yer sub when the years up and then renew if ya want. Not only have I to pay for a set of channels I don't want but I see I'm also paying almost double what the rest of ye are paying:rolleyes:

That's a bummer. Funny, the lassie I spoke with said when I signed up again for the 12 month deal that I should get an email next year offering another deal, BUT to just put a note in my diary to contact them if I receive nothing.

I signed up last week, but got a call this evening asking me would I like to sign up.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

i got told it will not auto renew next year, and no money will be taken without me signing up again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Called this evening and they said I was the 1007th person. Deal was just for first 1000. Terrible luck :(

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Called this evening and they said I was the 1007th person. Deal was just for first 1000. Terrible luck :(
    Anyone with a Kerry accent would be told that anyhow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Didn't want to pay the 129 deal after the 99 deal last year so refused and they rang me again with 2 months for 9.99 each which I took, I'll cancel in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tonto24

Im on like 22 a month cancel anytime, is it possible to get 1 of these deals and cancel dat $hite deal im on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Didn't want to pay the 129 deal after the 99 deal last year so refused and they rang me again with 2 months for 9.99 each which I took, I'll cancel in December.

If you're happy with €9,99 would it be easier just to pay the extra €10 for the year and save yourself the hassle of remembering to call every 2 months.

Advertisement