Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta pack on Sky

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

yknaa wrote: »
    Me too. New yearly sub is €225 but they will offer it to existing subscribers for €199 (same as last year).

that is good

remember BT Sport is the principal broadcaster of the European Champions cup rugby next season

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They actually have the exact same number of matches as Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Have had this for June now getting into July, not interested in paying 21.99 a month onwards so how do you do the 30 day cancellation? do you ring up or can it be done online, can't see on their site

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Have had this for June now getting into July, not interested in paying 21.99 a month onwards so how do you do the 30 day cancellation? do you ring up or can it be done online, can't see on their site

I cancelled my June and July by email: customerservicesire@setanta.com. They will offer you August and Sept for the same price

Tugboats wrote: »
    I cancelled my June and July by email: customerservicesire@setanta.com. They will offer you August and Sept for the same price

Might take that if offered....did you give your Sky card number when cancelling?

• Advertisement

Might take that if offered....did you give your Sky card number when cancelling?

you give your setanta customer service number(should be on your order email)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

to get the best offer from setanta push ahead with your cancellation by giving your 30 days notice.

Before the 30 days expires they will ring you with a much better deal................i am currently on 4 months at 9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭muffler

.....for €5 a month?

I doubt it.

muffler wrote: »
    .....for €5 a month?

I doubt it.

no, the 9.99 pm offer

no, the 9.99 pm offer
    Ah, the June/July offer was a fiver for existing or previous customers.

I actually give my cancellation notice 2 days ago and they came back with an offer of €12.99 a month for 2 months which I wont be taking.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Ah, the June/July offer was a fiver for existing or previous customers.

I actually give my cancellation notice 2 days ago and they came back with an offer of €12.99 a month for 2 months which I wont be taking.

I think for 9.99 you cant go wrong. I asked them for 9.99 @ 6months or an upfront payment for 12months but they wouldn't give it. I will wait and see if they will ring

I think for 9.99 you cant go wrong.
    I'd be happy enough with that also :)

My offer was by email so I'll wait for them to call me which they normally do and hopefully get them down a bit.

you give your setanta customer service number(should be on your order email)

Damn deleted all messages, never thought of Setanta at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

I got it for a year last Novemver @ €99. Wasn't a bad deal tbf. Doubt you would get that again with them having Champions League now. Hope Setanta is in HD before the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

dubmick wrote: »
    I got it for a year last Novemver @ €99. Wasn't a bad deal tbf. Doubt you would get that again with them having Champions League now. Hope Setanta is in HD before the start of the season.

Setanta 1 will be. Setanta Ireland wont be on satellite.

Did anyone else who took the Jun/July deal get charged for the 2nd month? Setanta withdrew another 9.99.......I might have totally got it wrong but I thought it was that price for the '2 months' and not each, am I wrong?

there were two offers over the summer

2 June and July at €9.99 all in

or june €5 and July €5 = €10

Well that's odd, couldn't get the fiver deal so signed up for 9.99 thinking indeed that was for the 2 months.......why are they taking a second charge :cool:

although it's a pending withdrawal hasn't gone through yet........I did cancel by email the other day and got a response offering Aug/Sep for 12.99, said if I don't respond there will be a final payment on 8th Aug......maybe they're getting their moneys worth early

Well that's odd, couldn't get the fiver deal so signed up for 9.99 thinking indeed that was for the 2 months.......why are they taking a second charge :cool:

your going to have the ring them..............also given that the second month charge has been taken if you give your 30 days notice to cancel you will be caught for €21.99 for month 3.

my advice ring them

kooga wrote: »
    your going to have the ring them..............also given thta the second month charge has been taken if you give your 30 days notice to cancel you will be caught for €21.99 for month 3.

my advice ring them

I thought I'd got around the 30 day thing by canceling the 3 days ago, signed up the 8th Jun but like said the response was there'll be a final payment 8th Aug........this 'great Summer deal' aint looking so great now, confusing buggers

• Advertisement

I thought I'd got around the 30 day thing by canceling the 3 days ago, signed up the 8th Jun but like said the response was there'll be a final payment 8th Aug........this 'great Summer deal' aint looking so great now, confusing buggers
    I signed up for the June/July offer of €5/month around 5th June and I emailed immediately after that and asked them what was the latest date I had to cancel in order to avoid paying the full monthly sub and this is the reply I got
    Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

After looking into your account I can see that you have accepted the offer 2 months @ €5 per month from Setanta Sports.

I can confirm that this offer was activated via the Setanta Sports website on the 05/06/2015 and will continue for June and July.

Please note that your subscription will revert to the full price €21.99 on the 05/08/2015. If you do not wish for it to revert to the full price then you are required to get in contact with us again on or around the 30/06/2015 to provide your 30 days notice, which this is applied from your next billing date from the date you call/email as per our T&C's.

did you ring them on the 30/6 to cancel and did they offer you any retention deal?

tks

Canceled by email, they offered Aug/Sep for 12.99, was gonna wait see if they'd offer something better over the phone but now this second withdrawal payment of 9.99 which is not what was signed up for has me thinking I'll just put a bank refusal on the 8th Aug payment, f.... them

sorry thought the question was for me, but anyway

Ok just re-read the email response I skim read the other day, it seems I wasn't signed up to 9.99 for the 2 months at all...

'In the meantime your account has now been scheduled for cancellation in accordance with our current cancellation guidelines. Your service will cease on or around 07/08/2015 and your final payment will be taken on 09/07/2015.'

kooga wrote: »
    did you ring them on the 30/6 to cancel and did they offer you any retention deal?

tks
    When dealing with Setanta I prefer to have everything in writing as I have had a few serious enough issues with them overcharging in the past. Yeah I cancelled by email on 30th June and requested confirmation of the cancellation notice and they emailed back with the confirmation and offered me €12.99 a month for the following 2 months. I didnt respond though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭amber2

although it's a pending withdrawal hasn't gone through yet........I did cancel by email the other day and got a response offering Aug/Sep for 12.99, said if I don't respond there will be a final payment on 8th Aug......maybe they're getting their moneys worth early

Just wondering what was your outcome with your issue as I took up the offer of setanta sport €9.99 for two months From 17th June, which I've now cancelled, service ceases on 15 Aug. But Setanta have deducted €9.99 for both June and July unsure if they will deduce again in August.

amber2 wrote: »
    Just wondering what was your outcome with your issue as I took up the offer of setanta sport €9.99 for two months From 17th June, which I've now cancelled, service ceases on 15 Aug. But Setanta have deducted €9.99 for both June and July unsure if they will deduce again in August.
    When did you cancel? You do know that the notice only kicks in after your next billing date so there's a possibility (based on cancellation & billing dates) that you could be hit for another month at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭amber2

Ah that's it so, thanks, I cancelled on the 15th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

yknaa wrote: »
    Me too. New yearly sub is €225 but they will offer it to existing subscribers for €199 (same as last year).
    Is that definitely confirmed?

My subscription is due to be renewed in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

dcr22B wrote: »
    Is that definitely confirmed?

My subscription is due to be renewed in October.

Well, as a current (annual) subscriber that is what the offered me to roll it over for another year once I suggested I want to cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

First month now being offered for one euro lads.

Advertisement