Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

One of those games where the team was crap, I (Lina) was crap, a CK fed and finished 1-19 in total. But all it takes is a successful defensive teamfight, a strong push and we won

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

One of those games where the team was crap, I (Lina) was crap, a CK fed and finished 1-19 in total. But all it takes is a successful defensive teamfight, a strong push and we won

Rikki's build makes me sick. The hero needs loads of agility to be a monster not AC & Satanic....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kunkka wrote: »
    Rikki's build makes me sick. The hero needs loads of agility to be a monster not AC & Satanic....

+1, he still got kills though so I'm guessing the other team was straight out terrible

+1, he still got kills though so I'm guessing the other team was straight out terrible

Or just a bunch of feeders.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Kunkka wrote: »
    Or just a bunch of feeders.

theres a difference?

• Advertisement

BMMachine wrote: »
    theres a difference?

Yes, some people like me can embrace a good feed but not be absolutely terrible. I enjoy the odd 1-19 furion game with a dagon, there is something elegant about it....

I guard the wooded ways mother****ers.

so essentially, theres 2 different kinds of bad nowadays. good to know

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

2? There's a infinite number of ways to be bad/play bad/feed/throw games/snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Until you master the lot you're basically pissing against the wind.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My mate is in low prio and we played with him. What a cesspool of garbage.

Had a few games there too. Apparently it can be great craic, but the two games I had there were just retarded. Enough that it doesn't matter how much of a gg it is, I'm never abandoning.

The friend who played there abandoned one game. Two games later, he was playing from his hotel room and had to leave because of a fire alarm. He ended up in low priority because somebody else in the building was smoking in their bathroom

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    2? There's a infinite number of ways to be bad/play bad/feed/throw games/snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Until you master the lot you're basically pissing against the wind.

i just find it hilarious that being sh1t at dota has actually become a meme

What's your solo mmr anyway Mr serious?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Not sure why I'm going to bother responding to this, but sure I have nothing better to be doing in the last hour of the working week.

If that's what you actually think, then you're a simpleton, hopefully not, hopefully you're just getting 1 over on me with a hugely funny joke.

People have been self deprecating about things they are bad at since the dawn of time. It's a mixture of messing and slight amount of humility, clearly something that is not within your wheelhouse.

You equally don't understand what a meme is, unfortunately your generation doesn't really get them. Any running joke, or thing you see often isn't automatically a meme, talking about being **** at something isn't a meme.

I plan to go to the pub soon and it may come up in conversation about how **** some of us are at football, is that an 'RL MEME LOLZ'? No. No it is not. It's a bit of banter that should mostly go uncriticized, but you clearly call everybody out for every joke they make that you don't find personally funny, you must be the most fun.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Not sure why I'm going to bother responding to this, but sure I have nothing better to be doing in the last hour of the working week.

If that's what you actually think, then you're a simpleton, hopefully not, hopefully you're just getting 1 over on me with a hugely funny joke.

People have been self deprecating about things they are bad at since the dawn of time. It's a mixture of messing and slight amount of humility, clearly something that is not within your wheelhouse.

You equally don't understand what a meme is, unfortunately your generation doesn't really get them. Any running joke, or thing you see often isn't automatically a meme, talking about being **** at something isn't a meme.

I plan to go to the pub soon and it may come up in conversation about how **** some of us are at football, is that an 'RL MEME LOLZ'? No. No it is not. It's a bit of banter that should mostly go uncriticized, but you clearly call everybody out for every joke they make that you don't find personally funny, you must be the most fun.

oh its nothing to do with you at all. its just a pattern ive noticed since dota has exploded in popularity. the "game is hard" thing I'd constantly see in games. that wasnt around in 2010.

oh and i didnt play ranked in dota 2 :)
    before these ranking systems were added in games there was no way to tell how good we were. it was a complete mystery. it was only when they brought in MMR and elo to games that we found out who was good and who was bad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

So, game was going great despite safelane riki rushing dagon 5, then dec feeds two rapiers. Such doto.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/586194083

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Lion should wreck Axe. What was he playing at?

Lion and SB were in lane against myself n Disrupter so it was pretty funny them not chasing me as I went behind the creep waves at bottom. After 2 waves and a few nice swings I had tranquils and they don't have enough pushing power to stop the creeps melting them as they run around tower. SB should of charged me with Lion supporting. Never happened. Then SB would charge elsewhere so Lion would get hunger + Thunder Strike = dead.
    NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Offlane void's so a thing.
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/578025833

Void is a scary late game hero alright if left alone. Never fun watching Void run at an insane speed in his bubble demolishing most of the team :(
    Worst. Game. Ever. And we won.

Hahaha how was that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Starting to really like bloodseeker in pub games, 68% win rate after 25 games. http://dotabuff.com/matches/587730696
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/582538160

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Last pick, needed a support of some flavour. Guy picks Chaos Knight. Proceeds to buy boots and no regen, then feed 3 kills in 5 minutes.

Somehow we managed to hold on, SeriousBusiness created space on Invoker while I farmed Void. Many teamfights later, we manage to rax, and then win the game:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/590608959

Out of 46 deaths on our team, the two of us accounted for just 3 :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dec accounted for 3* :p

Feeder void, feeder

• Advertisement

dec accounted for 3* :p
    He really did. That game wasn't quite as satisfying as the one where I picked TA vs SF and found a veno mid instead. What an obnoxious lane.

Also, in fairness the dude randomed CK and eventually made it work by roaming around. It was a bat/weaver lane too. We pulled out some of the rattiest play ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GrDenny

Hey guys I'll soon buy a laptop to play dota so I'm looking for a party and also for a clan here is my steam profile and my dotabuff :

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044656034

http://dotabuff.com/players/84390306

I live in Dublin btw

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭neoanto

Hey lads,
    Playing Dota 2 for the last year, generally play with guys from different forum, but most are on US time, so hard to get group games going.

Is there an Irish Dota channel that people usually hang out?
    Can you add me if possible? my username is "fngurrier".

Cheers guys!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

we have a teamspeak

Teamspeak 3 IP: 188.165.244.23 (no password)

Theres also a boards.ie channel (boardsie) which regularly has 30-50 users on at night

The most satisfying kills I've had/witnessed in this game have been against overconfident spirit breakers.

Mate of mine (viper,) is returning to base with 20% hp after a midlane gank at 11 mins. Spirit breaker charges him and starts spamming chat with some sort of judgement day-type quotes. My mate stays behind the T2 tower, slows him and manages to kill him with 5% left. Cue other team demanding reports.

After a failed early gank at top lane as dire SK, I return to the tower and eat a tango at about 10% health. I spot spirit breaker charging past a ward so I til he is right beside tower and burrowstrike him before he hits me. Combination of tower and sandstorm kills him.

Pub games can be hilarious :)

Mid morph's ridiculously satisfying, plus I dodge phoenix'.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Really not enjoying dota lately. I simply cannot improve my rating because I almost never have a chance to play the carry role. EVery game I spend 3000 gold on wards because no one else will buy them. Every 2 out of three games there is some ****ing troll on my team or someone that rage quits after getting stomped mid after 10 minutes.

In this game Luna nd Earthshaker were in a party. They trolled from minute one. Luna just bought recipes, no items, used ulti on creeps, ES used fissure to block allies. The two of them screaming into the chat all game. Thank **** for the mute button. And this is a ranked game ! WTF??

http://dotabuff.com/matches/618163599

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Really not enjoying dota lately. I simply cannot improve my rating because I almost never have a chance to play the carry role. EVery game I spend 3000 gold on wards because no one else will buy them. Every 2 out of three games there is some ****ing troll on my team or someone that rage quits after getting stomped mid after 10 minutes.

In this game Luna nd Earthshaker were in a party. They trolled from minute one. Luna just bought recipes, no items, used ulti on creeps, ES used fissure to block allies. The two of them screaming into the chat all game. Thank **** for the mute button. And this is a ranked game ! WTF??

http://dotabuff.com/matches/618163599
    Sometimes dota's nearly unwinnable, safelane potm builds an orchid, offlane weaver builds .... an orchid... meanwhile enemy riki is killing... everything despite the SD warding very well. That being said, there are some good MM games, some bad. People just remember the bad ones more than the good. At least I broke my 11 game losing stream, unfortunately my TA win rate's below 70% :/

• Advertisement

Just stop playing solo MMR. i tend to play MMR with at least 3 people to be honest.

Advertisement