Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

raymon wrote: »
    Gerry, Marylou , McGuinness, Toibin all bored ****less.

Talking about sending abusers down south, kangaroo court interrogations of rape victims, etc etc must be terribly dull for them.

No wonder they are all refusing interviews.
    Maybe as TDs and councillors they have better things to do unlike Edna?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Dan_Solo wrote: »

Better things than deal with institutional cover up of child sex abuse, like what Dan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Is your best response to mention Enda and spell it Edna ....... Really ?

I couldn't care if Enda jumped on a lake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Did Edna send the carrier pigeon yet? Keep Cahill in the media spotlight for as long as possible to ensure her rapist never gets convicted...

Didn't he do that with the Garda whistleblowers to protect Callinan and Shatter?

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Didn't he do that with the Garda whistleblowers to protect Callinan and Shatter?

Ned you forgot to invoke Phil Hogan and James Reilly.

People are sure to forget about the abusers moved south then and the false account of Gerrys meeting with Mairia .

• Advertisement

Ned you forgot to invoke Phil Hogan and James Reilly.

People are sure to forget about the abusers moved south then and heresy false account of the meeting with Mairia .

Were you at that meeting by any chance?
    Because if you weren't, you're obviously taking as fact the account that suits your agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Well it just goes to show how badly you're barking up the wrong tree as I couldn't give two hoots about the republican cause. 26? 32? Not bothered one bit.
    I've said this before already.

If you don't give two hoots for the Republican cause, perhaps you should take a step back and stop trying to speak for them. I'm a lot older than you guessed and I'd like to think that I have a fair understanding and appreciation for the Republican cause and it's obvious that this is a huge problem. I don't think that it is the kangaroo court or collapse of the original trial or how Gerry Adams dealt with the original complaint that is the big issue, but rather the simple line in Gerry's blog post that the IRA expelled sex offenders out of the jurisdiction. The comparisons with how the Church dealt with sex offenders are inevitable.

Personally, I understand why the IRA became the arbiters of justice in certain parts of the North. It's obvious that they were in no way qualified to deal with sex offences. Suggestions that they should have handed over the accused in this case to the RUC are frankly ridiculous. Hand over an active member to the enemy so that he could be easily turned!!! That was never going to happen. So, their options were to either kill him or expel him - and I'm sure that conversation took place.

There's a lot more going on here than meets the eye. My gut feeling is that this case is being used to undermine Sinn Fein. My first post in this thread mentioned that I was told that Sinn Fein would never be allowed to come to power and I suspect that this case is being exploited to those ends. I suspect that if Sinn Fein continue to threaten, other skeletons will be leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

bajer101 wrote: »
    I don't think that it is the kangaroo court or collapse of the original trial or how Gerry Adams dealt with the original complaint that is the big issue, but rather the simple line in Gerry's blog post that the IRA expelled sex offenders out of the jurisdiction.

He's telling the truth though. Are you saying thats his personal fault, or that he knows all the information about anyone who the IRA punished? Cus otherwise, why is the issue focused on him? And if its nothing to do with the original issues, then why now?

If you don't give two hoots for the Republican cause, perhaps you should take a step back and stop trying to speak for them. I'm a lot older than you guessed and I'd like to think that I have a fair understanding and appreciation for the Republican cause and it's obvious that this is a huge problem. I don't think that it is the kangaroo court or collapse of the original trial or how Gerry Adams dealt with the original complaint that is the big issue, but rather the simple line in Gerry's blog post that the IRA expelled sex offenders out of the jurisdiction. The comparisons with how the Church dealt with sex offenders are inevitable.

Personally, I understand why the IRA became the arbiters of justice in certain parts of the North. It's obvious that they were in no way qualified to deal with sex offences. Suggestions that they should have handed over the accused in this case to the RUC are frankly ridiculous. Hand over an active member to the enemy so that he could be easily turned!!! That was never going to happen. So, their options were to either kill him or expel him - and I'm sure that conversation took place.

There's a lot more going on here than meets the eye. My gut feeling is that this case is being used to undermine Sinn Fein. My first post in this thread mentioned that I was told that Sinn Fein would never be allowed to come to power and I suspect that this case is being exploited to those ends. I suspect that if Sinn Fein continue to threaten, other skeletons will be leaked.

Most right minded people can see through what's happening over the last couple of weeks.
    Thankfully the internet means we no longer have to take as gospel the one sided view of the story that 'tax non dom's' media empire and RTE try to force on us.

Were you at that meeting by any chance?
    Because if you weren't, you're obviously taking as fact the account that suits your agenda.

My agenda is that I don't like liars, and child abusers

That's all .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

maccored wrote: »
    have you not noticed that most people are bored ****less with the topic?

Most right-thinking people like? You too? So we won't be hearing from you again on these threads?

maccored wrote: »
    He's telling the truth though. Are you saying thats his personal fault, or that he knows all the information about anyone who the IRA punished? Cus otherwise, why is the issue focused on him? And if its nothing to do with the original issues, then why now?

I too think he is telling the truth, but he is in an impossible situation. Gerry can have the details of every single person who was expelled on his desk very quickly, and I suspect that he has already done this. It will probably take something like providing all this information to the authorities with an amnesty clause for non sex crimes to resolve this.
    Most right minded people can see through what's happening over the last couple of weeks.
    Thankfully the internet means we no longer have to take as gospel the one sided view of the story that 'tax non dom's' media empire and RTE try to force on us.

No. Most right minded people see Sinn Fein as a bit of a cult who are completely incapable of putting their hands up and admitting serious wrongs. I reckon if Sinn Fein use this as an opportunity to herald in a new era of truth and reconciliation and immediately hand over all the details of the expelled and admit that they got it wrong that this could work for them. But blindly defending the indefensible and using terms like "tax non doms" in a debate with grown ups just won't cut it.

My agenda is that I don't like liars, and child abusers

That's all .

Are you saying Adams is a liar and a child abuser?

No. Most right minded people see Sinn Fein as a bit of a cult who are completely incapable of putting their hands up and admitting serious wrongs. I reckon if Sinn Fein use this as an opportunity to herald in a new era of truth and reconciliation and immediately hand over all the details of the expelled and admit that they got it wrong that this could work for them. But blindly defending the indefensible and using terms like "tax non doms" in a debate with grown ups just won't cut it.

Every political party will defend their leader. That's a given.
    As explained before, I use the term 'tax non dom' for a reason.
    If you want to name who I'm talking about then go ahead.

BTW, Sinn Fein are the only party asking for a truth and reconciliation commission, similar to the one they had in South Africa, to be set up.
    Nobody else seems to want it. Why's that?

Are you saying Adams is a liar and a child abuser?
    Not at all

It is my opinion that Adams is a liar. I base this on his bizarre interview on the 16th.

I believe the IRA moved abusers south

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

BTW, Sinn Fein are the only party asking for a truth and reconciliation commission, similar to the one they had in South Africa, to be set up.

There will never be a truth and reconciliation commission so long as it is evident that Sinn Féin is blatantly lying to the people of Ireland about the past.

What good is such a commission if you lot are just going to blatantly lie throughout the process anyway, therefore totally undermining the purpose of the commission in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

. Gerry can have the details of every single person who was expelled on his desk very quickly,.

On what are you basing this?

If you look at The Disappeared, all the bull**** about the IRA keeping dossiers and data flies right out the window, they simply couldn't supply accurate information about where these people where. Hence the problems resolving the issue.
    It isn't a matter of them not wanting to pass on the info, it's more likely that they can't.

Not nice but that is the reality, chaos breeds it and it was a chaotic time and conflict.

As explained before, I use the term 'tax non dom' for a reason.
    If you want to name who I'm talking about then go ahead.

No one gives a toss about you using you the term "tax non dom" as a pseudonym for Denis O'Brien. It's Denis O'Brien and he doesn't care either. He's a normal businessman. I've worked for companies that he was involved in and never had a problem with him. I worked for one company in a very senior position where he was a huge shareholder and where he lost buckets and he was cool.

Sinn Fein aren't exactly looking for truth and reconciliation, but maybe now they will. Maybe now they will demand it - I think they should. It is the only way they can put an end to this drip feeding of leaks about their past. They should say, "yes, terrible things happened, but they happened in a horrible environment when there were no other choices." They should own up to all the wrongs and remove the potential future hand grenades.
    Happyman42 wrote: »
    On what are you basing this?

If you look at The Disappeared, all the bull**** about the IRA keeping dossiers and data flies right out the window, they simply couldn't supply accurate information about where these people where. Hence the problems resolving the issue.
    It isn't a matter of them not wanting to pass on the info, it's more likely that they can't.

Not nice but that is the reality, chaos breeds it and it was a chaotic time and conflict.

That's nonsense. This is not a question about looking for exact coordinates of bodies. The IRA worked in cells which was essential to maintain security. When an order was given to "disappear" somebody, only the people who did the disappearing knew where the bodies where. The search for the "disappeared" has the full support of everyone in the IRA involved in the peace process, but is obviously very difficult, due to the fact that people were murdered and tracks were covered. Finding the details of people who were expelled will be a lot easier to track down for the simple reason that there is not the same security concern about telling someone to leave the country as there is about killing someone. Gerry Adams can get the info about sex offenders who were expelled in a heartbeat.

What the hell ??? I missed this quote !

You are defending your leader because he is your leader ?

That explains Toibin's incoherent mumbling radio interviews and Mary-lou's terrible radio spots also. They sounded ridiculous and used up a lot of good will and respect that they had built up over the years

This is looking very grubby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

A conspiracy theory. Who do you think is at the back of this then. The Irish establishment or government, MI5, The CIA. On what do you base this claim?

• Advertisement

I am wondering on this and just want to ask the Question, will this case change the minds of any sinn fein supporter or voter?
    If you voted for them in the last election will it stop you from voting for them in the next election?. What are the real alternatives for sinn fein voters, FF/FG/Labour/Independents?. Are there any REAL alternatives for sinn fein voters?. They are a political party with a flawed past but no more so than any other party. None of our political parties have covered themselves in glory when it comes to cases of sexual exploitation and abuse. If there was an election today and you wanted to vote for a political party that might have some influence on the running of the country which one given all their records would you choose?.

There will never be a truth and reconciliation commission so long as it is evident that Sinn Féin is blatantly lying to the people of Ireland about the past.

What good is such a commission if you lot are just going to blatantly lie throughout the process anyway, therefore totally undermining the purpose of the commission in the first place?

:rolleyes:

No one gives a toss about you using you the term "tax non dom" as a pseudonym for Denis O'Brien.

It seems you do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

:rolleyes:
    Yeah, my pay cheque from Sinn Fein hasn't arrived either.

There will be a statement from Adams at 11:30 today.

I expect it will be something like this.

" recently I have given a false account of my meeting with Mairia Cahill. It was cowardly of me and I regret it. I apologise to the victim.

In addition the IRA have historically moved (x) abusers to the republic and I have passed all their details to the Gardai.

"

Eamondomc wrote: »
    I am wondering on this and just want to ask the Question, will this case change the minds of any sinn fein supporter or voter?

I never voted for Sinn Fein until the recent local elections.
    I will vote for them in the next GE.
    It's become quite obvious that the main two party's are one and the same thing, steeped in corruption and cronyism.
    Their main MO against other party's is to use smear tactics, on another forum a well known FFail activist confirmed that they had people on the ground in the 6 counties actively looking for dirt on SF.
    Regarding sex abuse, one should remember that both FFail and FG stood back and allowed children be beaten, raped and even murdered by members of the Catholic church and their agents for decades in this country and there's documented proof of many people informing them and the Gardai of what was happening, yet they allowed it to continue for fear of upsetting their core Catholic vote.
    In the north of Ireland there was no police force for one section of the community. When Aine Adams went to the RUC the only thing they were interested in was getting her to inform on Gerry Adams, she was just another 'taig' who got abused and they weren't interested in what happened to her.

Sinn Fein may have questions to answer here ok and there is a PPS investigation into that at the moment.
    Anyone trying to second guess that investigation could be responsible for bring down any case that may arise from it.

I firmly believe that some posters on here have no feelings of compassion for Maria Cahill, the main protagonist on these threads being a poster with a 5 year+ record of attacking Sinn Fein on this board, and know at the back of it that most lightly no prosecutions will be brought.
    She is being used as a political football in the same way McConville and McCabe have been for years now.
    That, in my opinion, is DISGUSTING.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

" recently I have given a false account of my meeting with Mairia Cahill. It was cowardly of me and I regret it. I apologise to the victim.

In addition the IRA have historically moved (x) abusers to the republic and I have passed all their details to the Gardai.

"

+

I have decided to retire from mainstream Politics, I will retire to my cottage in Donegal, and write a memoir of my career in the IRA.

Yeah, my pay cheque from Sinn Fein hasn't arrived either.

Maybe they'll pay in cash, FG style.....;)

"
    :eek:

• Advertisement

"

I actually would hope that Gerry Adams would retire and allow the younger TD's have their way.
    It'd make no difference to you lot though, you'd just focus your bile on the next leader of the party.
    Comments like 'Why does MaryLou McDonald sometimes shop in superquinn when there's so many poor people in the country' would be the order of the day.
    You people don't want your cosy little cartel of FFail/FG and 'labour' broken up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement