Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Libh*, I think :o

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Right lads, this will be my last post on boards until the 20th of June. I'll be locking my pc away right after this post.

So inspirational <3

Well done and best of luck!

see you in a few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Thank you lads :) really something along the lines of what Cian said is what I need :D Seriously thank you :D My RSR is going to be the bomb :D
    Those seanfhocail will do well but "Every Little Helps will just blow away the competition:D
    Nice one Patchy!:pac:
    Right lads, this will be my last post on boards until the 20th of June. I'll be locking my pc away right after this post.

I haven't done a single second of studying for the leaving, I still felt I did average for the mocks however getting 390 points. With less than 8 weeks until the leaving my studying is long overdue, with that I'm locking myself up for the following ten weeks until the leaving is over and I'll hopefully come out the other side feeling decent about myself.

I'd just like to wish everyone the best of luck in these final few weeks and hope you all get on the best. I hope to see you all happy on the other side!

Go mbeidh an t-ádh oraibh!

You are a very inspiring person.
    I'm seriously considering giving it a rest now. Maybe just locking my pc away for the time being. Time to get serious isn't it?

Togepi wrote: »
    I really really want an A1 in French and Irish. I kind of need to get at least a B1 again in English. :( And then I want an A in Phys/Chem, and would love a B3 in Maths.

Lots of work to do. :o

Edit: Wow, that'd be 555.
    Note to self: Work hard and you'll be delighted in August!

I got those exact grades in the mocks, different subjects obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I wish you could close your account and then reopen it or like...get banned until the end of June or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Multimedia in DCU and Digital Media Design in NUIM

Might be seeing you around NUIM! BCL Law with Economics hopefully! :P
    David1994 wrote: »
    Just wondering what grades are people hoping to get in June??

Mocks

Irish- B2 (would be happy with this again )

English- A2 (would be DELIGHTED with this in June)

Maths- B2 (meh, i'd like a B1 but this would do)

French- C3 (Need a B3. B2 it'd be grand though :pac:)

Business- A1 (same again hopefully)

Music- B3 (B1 hopefully)

Economics- A2 (would be delighted with this again)

Geography- B1 (A2 hopefully)

LCVP- Distinction (Distinction again please)

So that'd be 535 vs. 510!

Namlub wrote: »
    I wish you could close your account and then reopen it or like...get banned until the end of June or something

Isn't there a thread on boards where you post anything and you get banned? In the post you can specify ban duration :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Isn't there a thread on boards where you post anything and you get banned? In the post you can specify ban duration :L

OMG where?!?

Togepi wrote: »
    OMG where?!?

There definitely was one :pac: looking for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Sounds like a plan. Don't think I would be able to keep it up though, internet procrastination ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Eathrin wrote: »
    Those seanfhocail will do well but "Every Little Helps will just blow away the competition:D
    Nice one Patchy!:pac:

You are a very inspiring person.
    I'm seriously considering giving it a rest now. Maybe just locking my pc away for the time being. Time to get serious isn't it?

I got those exact grades in the mocks, different subjects obviously.

Hahaha I know, I only saw patchy's inspirational words after posting :)

Lads if everyone gets serious , this thread will die :(

• Advertisement

I have my alarm set for 5.10am tomorrow, hoping to start French Oral study around 6am cause i'm going away around 3. So, that'd be around 9 hours of French! Be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've deactivated facebook earlier (not sure how long it'll last), I'm keeping boards as it's good when you need help or get stuck on something people can help :). I'll tweet less. I just block most websites during the day for most of the day and leave the evenings free. It'll be scary when it gets to the month of May not far from it now :eek: . I hope everyone gets the results they're looking for :). I hate procrastination lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I have my alarm set for 5.10am tomorrow, hoping to start French Oral study around 6am cause i'm going away around 3. So, that'd be around 9 hours of French! Be grand!

You fo' real ?

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    You fo' real ?
    Yes unfortunately.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure if you post in one of the threads in the soccer forum you get an automatic ban. Not sure how long it lasts but it's definitely worth a shot. :D

A ban from now until the end of June would actually improve my results so much. :cool:

Edit: Ha thanks subz3r0!

Yes unfortunately.

After about 2 hours it's a waste of time I think, unless you take decent breaks.

After about 2 hours it's a waste of time I think, unless you take decent breaks.
    I usually take 10 minutes every hour, be grand sure! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

This is I want: Geography(A1)-Would be happy with an A2
    English(A1)-Would also be happy with an A2
    Irish(A2)-However a B1 would be great :D
    Spanish(B1)-Though I am afraid could go bad so a B2/B3 be ok
    Biology(B1)-B2 be happy with....
    Chemistry(B3)-By far my worst subject so maybe a C1 would be more likely :P Struggling with it at the moment....
    Maths(B3)-Ordinary level so not counting for points..Meh.

So my dream points work out to be 535 and the points i would be still really happy with work out to be 500 points :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I think you just get banned from the Cuckoo's Nest though, and I never post there anyway :pac:

Might as well jump on the bandwagon:

I want:
    English: (got C1) -> want B2
    Russian: want A1, and A1 only.
    Economics: (got B2) -> want A2
    Construction Studies: (got B2) -> want A2
    Physics: (got D3 :o) -> want C3+
    Irish OL: (got C1) -> want B3 (not bad for a Russian person)
    Maths OL: (got A2) -> want A1
    German OL: (got B3) -> want: don't care
    LCVP: (got Distinction) -> want Distinction
    Points I want: 500
    Points I need: 420+

Namlub wrote: »
    I think you just get banned from the Cuckoo's Nest though, and I never post there anyway :pac:

Yeah I think so too now. You can always PM a moderator if you really want a ban though!

Btw, subzero where abouts you from in Waterford :D

Btw, subzero where abouts you from in Waterford :D

Waterford Citeh :p you?

Waterford Citeh :p you?

Tramore boii :D

Is anyone going to see Titanic 3D?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

So whats everyones first choices and 2nd? :) we'll see who could end up in the same place

Law and Business Trinity for me, followed by BESS.

The improvements I would like to make from the mocks are as follows:

History A1- would obviously like to maintain this
    Accounting A2- would like to push it to a A1
    Physics- B1- would love if I could get this up to an A1
    Spanish- B1- hopefully can get this up to an A2 standard and if I'm lucky possibly an A1
    Maths- B2- hopefully can get this up to an A2. Will be tricky with project maths but as long as Q8 isn't such a horror I have a chance
    Applied Maths-B3- I don't think I'm very good at applied maths but hope with some work I can push it up to an B1
    English- C2- was really disappointed with this. Hopefully I can get it up to a B1 standard.

Not bothered to be honest haha :P Seen it already and never think the 3D makes much difference imo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

1st choice: Home ec & Biology in Sligo
    2nd: Science Ed in Maynooth

:P

#1: BCL Law with Economics- NUIM
    #2: BBL Law and Business- NUIM

Anyone here heading to UL or is it just me?

/forever alone

• Advertisement

Not bothered to be honest haha :P Seen it already and never think the 3D makes much difference imo :)

Haha I don't know if it's worth seeing it's so long and you already know what happens in the end , the same outcome. I haven't seen it in ages I could download it. The movie is just very long to have to sit through plus the 3D glasses get annoying to wear after a while.

First choice is Primary teaching in pats and second choice is primary in Mary I :D

First choice is Primary teaching in pats and second choice is primary in Mary I :D

Just stumbled across this, a funny yet concerning read: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71063991&postcount=1

I only have 3 courses listed on my cao so far all level 8s, I don't know what other level 8s to put down that interest me :S. I haven't added anything for the level 7s yet.

Haha I don't know if it's worth seeing it's so long and you already know what happens in the end , the same outcome. I haven't seen it in ages I could download it. The movie is just very long to have to sit through plus the 3D glasses get annoying to wear after a while.

Haha ye thats exactly my mindframe about it :D Effort.... :)

Haha ye thats exactly my mindframe about it :D Effort.... :)

It would be good to see though , I might just buy it on dvd when it's out.
    I do get bored watching Titanic sometimes as it really drags until you get to the good scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular so I don't want anyone getting paranoid or anything. But looking around some posts here (the general forum, not this thread specifically), people need to either really lighten up about the amount of work/study they're doing or just stop talking out of their arses about what they're doing...

(awaits angry words)

In fairness some people are doing insane amounts of study. :eek:

But then again too much is kind of better than none. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

leaveiton wrote: »
    This isn't aimed at anyone in particular so I don't want anyone getting paranoid or anything. But looking around some posts here (the general forum, not this thread specifically), people need to either really lighten up about the amount of work/study they're doing or just stop talking out of their arses about what they're doing...

(awaits angry words)

Careful now.

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Careful now.

+1. This IS Leaving Cert forum :p

Fatther-Ted-down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

• Advertisement

(awaits angry words)

I tend to believe what people say they do, why would they lie? Makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

+1. This IS Leaving Cert forum :p

I know, and I'm doing the Leaving Cert too, but seriously, some people are being completely ridiculous about it. It's almost like a competition, how long can you spend studying, who can study the most. Gets a bit tiring reading endless posts of "I'm planning on doing 12 hours a day but I might up it to 24 closer to June."

Okay, my post was a bit bitchy, I apologise for that. But really, if people are doing the insane amounts of study that they're saying they're doing, it's just not healthy.

But really, if people are doing the insane amounts of study that they're saying they're doing, it's just not healthy.

True. You need some kind of balance. Loads of study is great but people need to relax too and make sure they take enough time away from studying.

Yes Eathrin, that was totally aimed at you. Calm the eff down with the studying man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I know, and I'm doing the Leaving Cert too, but seriously, some people are being completely ridiculous about it. It's almost like a competition, how long can you spend studying, who can study the most. Gets a bit tiring reading endless posts of "I'm planning on doing 12 hours a day but I might up it to 24 closer to June."

Okay, my post was a bit bitchy, I apologise for that. But really, if people are doing the insane amounts of study that they're saying they're doing, it's just not healthy.

I know its easy to get stressed out by other people saying how much study they're doing, but do try and take these things with a pinch of salt :) Concentrate on your own study and never mind what everyone else is doing! Everyone studies at a different pace, and everyone measures their time studying differently...they're probably not taking into account all the facebook and boards time that's in there too :P

As long as you're spending the amount of time that you need to get things done, then that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Yeah cian you're doing insane amounts of study... We all miss you here, I mean giving yourself a 5 minute break after every 14 hours of study isn't healthy :/ it should be 5 minutes after every 11 hours!!

Artist's impression of Cian:

ihwNJLh9zibot.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I But really, if people are doing the insane amounts of study that they're saying they're doing, it's just not healthy.

I did 11 hours study for a good 3 days last week and then only 3 or 4 next 2 days :O tbh people, I locked myself away and it really just made matters worse than anything , I was exhausted and so stressed, had breakdowns etc :P
    and I havent done anything much since friday , i've just been too turned off it :o
    anyone doing that or more is burning themselves out tbh .
    So lads no stress or worries about how many hours study you do :)

Guys I know I've been going a little overkill with the work but it just means so much to me that I get 8 A1s and I honestly can't imagine achieving that unless I continue with a solid 6am till 1am study, obviously a 3 minute break for food at 5pm.
    You can all go and be a bunch of failures if you want or you can be great, just like me. It's been so long since I've spoken to another human being I have forgotten the sound of their voices. This is what it takes to be truly fantastic.

It doesn't matter how many hours you do, it matters what you do. You could spend 2 hours on utter cr*p while you might be better off doing 20 minutes of good solid revision on a topic.

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    Guys I know I've been going a little overkill with the work but it just means so much to me that I get 8 A1s and I honestly can't imagine achieving that unless I continue with a solid 6am till 1am study, obviously a 3 minute break for food at 5pm.
    You can all go and be a bunch of failures if you want or you can be great, just like me. It's been so long since I've spoken to another human being I have forgotten the sound of their voices. This is what it takes to be truly fantastic.

Thanks for taking your 3 minutes break to talk to us :) now back to work!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement