Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

dont worry about that its just not here yet i get that all the time

sure when it leaves hong kong ya never know where it goes lol

till it gets here when was it posted from the Kong??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

moggser wrote: »
    dont worry about that its just not here yet i get that all the time

sure when it leaves hong kong ya never know where it goes lol

till it gets here when was it posted from the Kong??

It left HK on Sunday last the 19th

Flecktarn wrote: »
    It left HK on Sunday last the 19th

My guess is that it might show up on the tue's or wed but keep the faith

it will arrive to you safe and sound

moggser wrote: »
    My guess is that it might show up on the tue's or wed but keep the faith

it will arrive to you safe and sound

My only worry is about them lads in Heathrow destroying my stuff!

Thanks again moggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

My only worry is about them lads in Heathrow destroying my stuff!

Thanks again moggy

or losing it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Did you order an airsoft gun or just parts? Didn't the new law come into effect this week on personal importation?

zero19 wrote: »
    Did you order an airsoft gun or just parts? Didn't the new law come into effect this week on personal importation?

A drum mag, two m1911 grips and a speedloader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

The phasing in of the sections of the Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous provisions) Bill 2009 into Irish law will commence later today. It will begin with section 40. 9(A) 9(B) and 9(C). They will officially become law, although 9(B), requirement for permission to operate a venue where RIF will be used and 9(C) requirement for permission to be a retailer of RIF will not be technically operational. We expect the implementation process for these elements to be finished in later September / October. The IAA were contacted by the Department of Justice today, and will be meeting with the Department to devise a process that will ensure no disruption to the community.

Section 40. 9(A) is the provision making it illegal to brandish a replica firearm in a public place. This section was called for by the IAA and the text of it closely mirrors our submission to the Dáil sub committee on Justice in 2008. The inclusion of a specific offence for producing or carrying in an unsuitable manner a replica imitation firearm is an important step to bring our sport into a more socially acceptable position. The committee hopes people who flaunt this law are prosecuted to its full extent.

Once again we would like to thank the staff of the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform for their diligent attention to the issues surrounding our sport. The spirit of co-operation between the IAA and the department that has been on-going since early last year has seen the securing of our sport into the future.

posted by iaa today, 9(c) is the bit that if i can remember effect personal importation, but from what the iaa write this is law but not in effect yet, i imagine that the new licensing system needs to be up and running before this is enforced, some confirmation from iaa would be nice on this thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Clarification would indeed be great, it's getting annoying now. Your order will be fine flecktarn, i'd expect it monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I put an order in with EHobbyAsia earlier this week for a GBB Pistol. It was delivered today. So right this instant airsoft devices/RIFs are stillcoming into the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

zero19 wrote: »
    Clarification would indeed be great, it's getting annoying now. Your order will be fine flecktarn, i'd expect it monday.

The above parts were signed into law today, but won't be enacted for another while, when import licenses are issued. You'll be hearing all about that long before it happens, so it's business as usual for now. The only real change today that affects people is that it's now illegal to brandish in public.

Dave
    IAA Vice-Chair

The only real change today that affects people is that it's now illegal to brandish in public.

which is good news i think everyone will agree :)

Puding wrote: »
    which is good news i think everyone will agree :)

Definitely. Proper order, keep the airsoft kit off the streets and on the field :-)

Has anyone heard of / dealt with http://www.cdairsoft.com/ ?

Quite a few AEG's I'm interested on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

I dunno some of their stuff seems very cheap H&K MP5 and MP7 for a grand total of Eur 0.00!!!
    but what I notices was the IAA banner at the bottom of the page which is a tad strange considering theres no mention of them on the IAA website:confused:

and theres also using vfc akm pictures for there cyma ak...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

coys wrote: »
    I dunno some of their stuff seems very cheap H&K MP5 and MP7 for a grand total of Eur 0.00!!!
    but what I notices was the IAA banner at the bottom of the page which is a tad strange considering theres no mention of them on the IAA website:confused:

Might be something to bring to fayer or gerrowadats attention

Toasty113 wrote: »
    Might be something to bring to fayer or gerrowadats attention

It's ot claiming to be an affiliate, just has a banner (more people should have banners linking to us, btw :-))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

I'm going to Newry tomorrow, might drop into them on the way back.
    Still looking for a Molle style plate carrier or something similar.

• Advertisement

This is Dundalk Airsoft. Called into 'em earlier today. Note it was a hurried first visit due to frozen food in the car.
    First impressions : It's up one of the archway lanes off Park St, Dundalk.
    It's small, but packed with stuff.
    Parking is opportunistic, not a problem for a seasoned Dub like myself :D.
    Lots of stock in the shop, plenty of items not available in Dublin.
    Talked to Victor, most helpful. The guys are not Irish nationals, but this was a refreshing change for me with top notch service and listening to what I wanted. I got my molle plate carrier/vest (+ dummy plates - thanks V.) and pouches at a fiver each and left most pleased with the whole thing. It was a flying visit out of necessity. I will be going back up for a proper look around in a few days.
    Recommended highly and an experience to visit the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Hi, has anyone got any experience with airguns.ie? (they should change their name to AEG or GBB....) Their TM stuff seems cheap....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Sam Fisher wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone got any experience with airguns.ie? (they should change their name to AEG or GBB....) Their TM stuff seems cheap....

one of the lads ordered an MP7 from them, dirt chap, didn't get it thoughsaid it was out of stock and the website wasn't updated two months later it was still there. took him a month of arguing to get a refund he eventually ordered a well one from ehobby, but airguns kept fobbing him off with excuses as not to give him a refund :mad:

ordered one of the new fangeled silver back laser grips for my G17 from redwolf, ordered it last thursday evening, delivered to work on Monday and the nice ups man demanding €29 :eek: still though pretty good service from redwolf

Avoid like the plague. Search for previous threads about them on here, even on this thread. They seem to have a rather unique take on customer service...

Cheers T, for the heads-up. Yeah, Redwolf are pretty sound. I was actually in their store about a month ago (they don't actually have a showroom...) and real nice bunch of people. When I was waiting for them to get my stuff in the warehouse, they took me into their workshop and show me some of their customed stuff. Not the cheapest though. You should check Airsoft Global too.

• Advertisement

Thanks Dave. Appreciated. I did remember seeing something on Board a while back about their claim of TM exclusiveness...

...You should check Airsoft Global too.

i've gotten a couple of bits of them alright over the last few years, normally end up back with either ebaybanned, eirsoft or ehobby asia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Avoid like the plague. Search for previous threads about them on here, even on this thread. They seem to have a rather unique take on customer service...

and heres that thread:).
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59716217&postcount=2191

Was considering buying a M16A1 of them but decided not too take the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Troyad21

I think i must be the only person on here that got good service from Airguns.ie.
    In fairness they're not too quick emailing back but I emailed to check stock before i bought anything.I wanted to get a T.M. MP5k PDW.When Richard got back to me he said he had one T.M. MP5k PDW left and i sent money through paypal as he said the site was messed up?!?!
    I paid €130 incl.delivery and got it the next day.
    They have finished selling Airsoft gear for the moment but will be back soon as far as i know.
    Next to my VSR it is my favorite gun.
    As you can probably make out i found them really good as getting T.M. gear for that price next day is pretty amazing.
    I'm not saying that the rest of the comments here are wrong, this is just my experience with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Troyad21 wrote: »
    I think i must be the only person on here that got good service from Airguns.ie.
    In fairness they're not too quick emailing back but I emailed to check stock before i bought anything.I wanted to get a T.M. MP5k PDW.When Richard got back to me he said he had one T.M. MP5k PDW left and i sent money through paypal as he said the site was messed up?!?!
    I paid €130 incl.delivery and got it the next day.
    They have finished selling Airsoft gear for the moment but will be back soon as far as i know.
    Next to my VSR it is my favorite gun.
    As you can probably make out i found them really good as getting T.M. gear for that price next day is pretty amazing.
    I'm not saying that the rest of the comments here are wrong, this is just my experience with them.

+1

I bought an AK and M16 off them a number of months ago (last March) and got them very quickly. Delighted with them too but I think all the TM stock is long gone despite some still being listed on the website.
    I know a few guys who had similar good experiences and I'd use them again (if only the had more:P), but some guys here have had very different experiences.
    Best email first to enquire regarding availability and if no response - hold off and you wont be disappointed.

• Advertisement

+1. I bought 2 MP7's off them, same story as defenderdude. I would use them again if they had any more TM bargains, top service and delivery as promised. Send Email to Richard via the website if you decide to order.
    Just my experience .... up to yourself.

+1 again....

Bought a TM MK23 SOCOM off him in about March and got it for €110 delivered but I think he has gone arseways up since March and thats why theres so much bad experiences with since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Whats the delivery time like from Crw Airsoft does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Just wondering if anyone has used this crowd before

http://www.team-alpha.ie/

and if so what was the service like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

k99_64 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has used this crowd before

http://www.team-alpha.ie/

and if so what was the service like?

I've bought some kit off them in the past and they were fine to deal with - I think it took 2 days for delivery. Some really nice gear there and pricing not too bad either.

Anyone ever ordered from http://www.g-military.com/?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 RogueCheddarDyl

Anyone ever ordered from http://www.g-military.com/?

I ordered some stuff on Thursday evening, so obviously it's not here yet but I'll let u know when it's delivered. But shopping with them was quick and easy, and I like the $5 voucher when you sign up:D they were quick to reply and my stuff was sent the next day. Shipping isn't outrageous either: 2 GBBs and a chrono for €39 speedpost.

I ordered some stuff on Thursday evening, so obviously it's not here yet but I'll let u know when it's delivered. But shopping with them was quick and easy, and I like the $5 voucher when you sign up:D they were quick to reply and my stuff was sent the next day. Shipping isn't outrageous either: 2 GBBs and a chrono for €39 speedpost.

Thanks man, where are they based do you know?

Thanks man, where are they based do you know?

Good old Hong Kong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

What about customs? I'm lookin at the MEU R27 Gold. Would they pull this package or does it fall on the safe side. I'm pretty new to this and I can't find out if it falls within the 1 joule limit.

Where is the best place to buy the gas. G military and eHobby Asia don't seem to have it. I seen some on ebay but you have to buy atleast 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Just get the gas from Irish retailers, if you ordered it abroad it would have to go by surface mail, as it is in a pressurised container. The MEU should be under the 1 joule limit, most pistols are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Your cant buy gas from abroad unless you want to wait up to 12 weeks for it. Its not allowed to be sent by airmail so it has to travel by sea, and that takes forever. :)

Thanks. I've just ordered the Gold R-27 from eHobby Asia. bought the extra mag too all costing €107 inc P&P. Ordered my BBs from ebay and i'm lookin out for a decent case, ideally the aluminium type. I think the r-27 is 0.8 joule

Just recieved my order from G-Military today. VERY PLEASED!:) Gold M.E.U. (my brother's) and my Tercel 1911 and a Chrono. All in perfect condition. Shipment tracking didn't even show that it even went to customs, it came straight to my door from the sorting centre. So no fees, VAT, handling, customs duty charges AT ALL! Probably coz they marked the box as "Hobby Parts":D

My verdict: G-Military - Recommended!:pac::pac:

I ordered from eHobbyAsia on a Sunday of the week before. I ordered the Gold 1911 with an extra mag. I received the order on the Wednesday afternoon, deliver was fast. Customs charged just under €47. I opened the box and was blown away by the realistic look and feel of this little toy. I had to wait until the next day to get gas, but when I did, I filled up the mag which was in the gun and fired a few times without ammo. WOW it was great...so realistic! I tried it with a few bb's out the back yard...I loved it. Then I tried filling the second mag; gas sprayed everywhere....freezing my hand. Tried again..same problem. Tried the 1st mag....no problem. Tried loosening and tightening the entry nozzle on faulty mag....no result.

Contacted eHobbyAsia by email. Below is what has been happening, to which I am not exactly jumping through hoops about. My Emails are Blue, eHobby is red.

Original Email:

Hi. I received my order yesterday and tested it today. I am pleased with the overall quality of the pistol.

However, I ordered an additional magazine and this is damaged. When attempting to fill the magazine with gas, it immediately sprays gas out of the entry hole. I tried adjusting the connection as they can occasionally be loose, but this had no change. I would like a replacement.

I am also disappointed that I was charged extra for delivery when the extra magazine was simply placed inside the airsoft pistol. Can you rectify these problems?

Pay Pal Transaction ID is 1LY62433KR8706915

Regards

Gary McGrath

Gary

I'm sorry to hear this.

You have an order number?

For Reply, please reply to this email address, and also include the content of this email.

Best Regards,

eHobbyAsia - CS3KM

Hi. Is there anything being done about the problem with my order? I sent the following email last week and have had no reply.

The Pay Pal transaction number and invoice number is all I received. Please see Pay Pal receipt below. The invoice number is at the end of the message. I must say that I am pleased with the airsoft pistol, it is working great. My only disappointments are the faulty extra mag (at least one is working) and the extra shipping charge when it was not necessary. The shipping time was impressive though. It's a shame that customs charged an extra $80.

PayPal logo

Sep. 27, 2009 00:28:12 BST
    Transaction ID: 1LY62433KR8706915

Hello GARY MCGRATH,

You sent a payment of $152.98 USD to eHobby Asia Company Limited (customerservice@ehobbyasia.com)

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Merchant
    eHobby Asia Company Limited
    customerservice@ehobbyasia.com
    +852 31651541

Instructions to merchant
    You haven't entered any instructions.

Shipping address - unconfirmed
    GARY MCGRATH
    (Address Removed for posting on boards.ie)

Shipping details
    The seller hasn’t provided any shipping details yet.

Description eHobby Asia

Unit price

Qty 1
    Amount

$106.98 USD

$106.98 USD

Subtotal

$106.98 USD

Shipping and handling

$46.00 USD

Total

$152.98 USD

Payment

$152.98 USD

Charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *CHAI PUN"
    Payment sent to customerservice@ehobbyasia.com

From amount

€107.07 EUR

To amount

$152.98 USD

Exchange rate: 1 EUR = 1.42878 USD

Invoice ID: *********

Gary

Your order number is 100035276

I’m sorry as we are limited what we can do for china made airsoft and we have a disclaimer for this matter.

But I’ll see if I can try and arrange something to be done.

For Reply, please reply to this email address, and also include the content of this email.

Best Regards,

eHobbyAsia - CS3KM

Hi. I read the disclaimer before I purchased. I was a bit put off by this but I thought I would give your company a chance because it was recommended through an online forum I am a member of. Most of your Irish customers, you will find are a member of this forum. If the product had broken after some use, I would accept the disclaimer. However, it arrived faulty, so I expect something to be done about this. I paid for a working item, but a faulty item arrived. All of this will be posted on the forum I am a member of. I don't think I will buy from you again if this is the customer services you offer. Will I be receiving what I paid for or not?

Regards

Gary

Gary

Don’t use the “I’m a member of this forum” bollocks! As we won’t be blackmailed into anything.

You can post away, just make sure you mention all the facts!

The facts of the matter are you brought a cheap product, at your risk and got stung.

If this wasn’t a china made product we would be sorting a much easier solution.

And you will find all major online airsoft retailers have exactly the same disclaimer and procedure for china made goods.

But I also understand neither of us, have done anything wrong.

As we have posted a working tested product, and yet you have still paid for something you did not get.

I can arrange for another mag to be sent.

Best Regards,

eHobbyAsia - CS3KM

Dear Customer Services rep,

I don't appreciate your opening tone in your last message. It would also be kind to leave your name when sending mail with vulgar language aimed at your customers. My intent was not "blackmail". I was pointing out that your company was mentioned in good faith on the forum, in which I am a member. I would not have purchased from your company if there was no mention of it on the forum. Because it is such a highly recognised forum board, there is a large membership and I learned about AirSoft via this forum.

It is only right to post my experience on this forum (good or bad) and allow potential customers and members of the forum to decide if they should buy from your company. Only facts would be included, I am not vindictive. I would be mentioning the fact that I am very pleased with the AirSoft Pistol as it states this in my first email. So don't take my email as "blackmail" or a petty threat, because it is not.

In hind-sight, I realise you probably receive alot of complaints from customers claiming to be members of such and such a forum. Would I be correct? So, with that cleared up, will I be receiving a replacement mag as mentioned in your mail? An apology would be nice too for the opening line in your mail, but I won't ask too much.

Best Regards,

Gary

I am waiting for a reply, but I cannot believe how unprofessional the last email was. I did not feel it was appropriate to mention boards.ie in my emails but eHobbyAsia is a member here too and can surely appreciate that customers talk. I have highlighted my satisfaction so far with the product and made the company aware of this. But I am not satisfied with the customer services. I will update when I receive reply.

interesting email, i;ve never ever read anything like that from ehobby before, does not sound like them at all, the wording of the last reply seems very strange for the type of english that comes from it being a second language that they normal use in there emails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Sure if they are sending a new mag isnt that enough?

And don't ehobby have a thread here and all?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055526204

Yeah, there.

that reply is kind alike the one i got from airguns.ie lol
    maybe yer man is working there now

but Puding is right there is something ascue there as that would not be the type of language they would use i mean using the b o l l i x word
    you will know its real if they call you a plick

Haha. It's from ehobby I swear and can prove to that as I have the Emails. I could not believe the email myself. It reads like an irish person wrote it. They have sent a reply since. read below.

Dear Gary

I’m sorry, I misunderstood, and I didn’t mean to offend. And yes, I hear it a lot.

I have to admit being a CS can be quite depressing.

My “outburst” at you was at the end of a long day. And again I’m sorry.

The mag is currently out of stock. I will post asap when back in stock.

Feel free to send me reminders.

Best Regards,

eHobbyAsia - CS3KM

www.ehobbyasia.com

• Advertisement

At the end of the day, we're all human (unless you're a banker) and it's easy to make a mistake. It doesn't excuse the "outburst" though. And no, getting a replacement mag isn't enough; not after an email like that. It's like someone throwing it in your face and telling you to f*** off. I hope to receive the mag soon as it'll make my toy more fun. Can't wait to join the games, but I don't think an airsoft pistol is enough....i'll be slaughered! Do people play with just airsoft pistols or do you definitely need more to pack?

Advertisement