Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You have to be quick before they delete it again, leaked gameplay trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jizzs in my pants level 99.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's a Souls game alright.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That looks frigging awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I was all like:

"Oh really, another curse??"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

A German Spy translates an interview with Miyazaki from a Japanese source:

Hellkite Drake also has a frame by frame analysis vid which is worth a watch (can't get a link to it now)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any idea when we can expect to see the gameplay from this today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,291 ✭✭✭✭Penn

2smiggy wrote: »
    any idea when we can expect to see the gameplay from this today ?

Well, Sony's conference starts at 6pm I think, so if it's being shown, it'll likely be during it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

New video from gamescom.

EDIT:
    Hello, PlayStation fans. This is Masaaki Yamagiwa from Japan Studio. I am pleased to present our brand new gameplay trailer and some new gameplay details about the PlayStation 4 exclusive Bloodborne.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/12/bloodborne-on-ps4-new-combat-details/#sf4117190

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

God damn it, why can't this be multiplatform (or at least on pc as well). I know why...but i want it dammit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Reminds me of Nightmare Creatures on the PS1 a lot. The setting, creatures and weapons all look of similar style so I wonder is it an influence. I used to love it and the 2nd one but I haven't played them since they were released so I can't imagine they have aged well. Anyone else remember them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

tok9 wrote: »

Looks great. Just hopefully there will be a good variety of locations.

It looks like dark souls reskinned. Even the animations, sounds and in game gui are nearly the same tbh...hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

To be honest this is....disappointing. I really like the setting/world the game takes place in but they seem to have pulled a "Dark Souls 2" on this one. I don't know what i expected from this game, but i didn't expect Dark Souls re-skinned and shinier. After the first release trailer i though this would be the game that would push me over the edge and pick up a PS4, but now im not so sure

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It looks like dark souls reskinned. Even the animations, sounds and in game gui are nearly the same tbh...hmmm
    To be honest this is....disappointing. I really like the setting/world the game takes place in but they seem to have pulled a "Dark Souls 2" on this one. I don't know what i expected from this game, but i didn't expect Dark Souls re-skinned and shinier. After the first release trailer i though this would be the game that would push me over the edge and pick up a PS4, but now im not so sure

Have you both played all 3 Souls games, as everything you have mentioned has been present in both of them since Demon Souls, you do not play a Souls game for its aesthetics, you play it for its punishing gameplay and it addictiveness, the graphics have never been the greatest and they reuse a lot of the animations, but at least it is not the same recycled garbage like Fifa and CoD.

Calling it dark souls reskinned is doing it a big disservice at the moment.

It looks like a much quicker game than the Souls games, it doesn't look like we have a shield at all this time which will completely change up the combat and enemies aren't just there waiting for you at all times. A lot of them are looking for you.

It actually looks like it may have the feature Dark Souls 2 was marketing beforehand in the torch being important.

It definitely looks similar.. no doubt but so did Demon souls to Dark Souls and they are 2 of the best games of the last generation.

Calling it dark souls reskinned is doing it a big disservice at the moment.

It looks like a much quicker game than the Souls games, it doesn't look like we have a shield at all this time which will completely change up the combat and enemies aren't just there waiting for you at all times. A lot of them are looking for you.

It actually looks like it may have the feature Dark Souls 2 was marketing beforehand in the torch being important.

It definitely looks similar.. no doubt but so did Demon souls to Dark Souls and they are 2 of the best games of the last generation.

My issue is are they marketing this as a souls game? I don't think so.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    My issue is are they marketing this as a souls game? I don't think so.

No it's not being marketed as a Souls game but it's from the same developer.

I don't really understand the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Anyone else think they just showed us some multiplayer co-op in that trailer or was it an NPC?

• Advertisement

Ya that was definitely another player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Anyone else think they just showed us some multiplayer co-op in that trailer or was it an NPC?

It didn't look like a phantom either. Hopefully it's not fully co-op as that would take a lot away from the isolation aspect that Souls does so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Call me strange but I'd consider any game described with the phrase "Dark Souls reskinned" to be a massive compliment.

The exclusive thing is bull****. I'd gladly throw my money at demon souls or this game...on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Never played a "Souls" game but this looks like the perfect way to get me into the series :)

No it's not being marketed as a Souls game but it's from the same developer.

I don't really understand the issue?

So back to my original point about the re-skinning of the game;
    It plays & looks like Dark Souls 1 & 2 and yet it's not being marketed as a souls game however it's a completely new I.P.

For me that what's disappointing about it regardless, even if you do enjoy the gameplay formula. There's nothing original about this "New I.P."

Xenji wrote: »
    Have you both played all 3 Souls games, as everything you have mentioned has been present in both of them since Demon Souls, you do not play a Souls game for its aesthetics, you play it for its punishing gameplay and it addictiveness, the graphics have never been the greatest and they reuse a lot of the animations, but at least it is not the same recycled garbage like Fifa and CoD.

As above and also stated by tok this is not a Souls game

I played and loved Demon Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. I felt Dark Souls was a significant upgrade over Demon Souls which made it one of my favourite games of all time and Dark Souls 2 was just more of the same, which i was ok with at the time. But this just seems to be Dark Souls 3.

I was expecting something new in the gameplay mechanics since it was a new I.P but nothing seems to have really changed here at all which has left me disappointed. Looks like Souls games are becoming like the Call of Duty and Assassin Creed games, more of the same with very little ingenuity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I played and loved Demon Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. I felt Dark Souls was a significant upgrade over Demon Souls which made it one of my favourite games of all time and Dark Souls 2 was just more of the same, which i was ok with at the time. But this just seems to be Dark Souls 3.

I was expecting something new in the gameplay mechanics since it was a new I.P but nothing seems to have really changed here at all which has left me disappointed. Looks like Souls games are becoming like the Call of Duty and Assassin Creed games, more of the same with very little ingenuity

I think the removal of shields should count as a huge change in gameplay mechanics, along with the addition of short range gun(s?) to stun enemies.
    There's also the slightly changed health mechanics where successfully parrying an attack will get you a small health boost.
    Plus the removal of magic so it's all hand to hand combat now.

Definitely think you should wait until more gameplay comes out before being so harsh on it. We still barely know anything about it other than the setting and some small game mechanics.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Combat in Dark Souls 2 was different enough to Dark Souls 1 to warrant it not being termed more of the same imo.

• Advertisement

I think the removal of shields should count as a huge change in gameplay mechanics, along with the addition of short range gun(s?) to stun enemies.
    There's also the slightly changed health mechanics where successfully parrying an attack will get you a small health boost.
    Plus the removal of magic so it's all hand to hand combat now.

Definitely think you should wait until more gameplay comes out before being so harsh on it. We still barely know anything about it other than the setting and some small game mechanics.

Ok agreed then...

Advertisement