Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Back to the Future episode 1 on IPad is free on ITunes for the next few days,iPhone too.look for it through the apps store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Tesco in Drogheda still have a few games left for €10 on ps3 and xbox

The Saboteur, Bayonetta and Beatles RB and a couple of others, nothing too great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Tesco in Santry have some offers as well. Most games were crap but I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy for €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Naphiel wrote: »
    Tesco in Santry have some offers as well. Most games were crap but I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy for €15.

WHAT A FIND!!! Did you see any more?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I think they had one or two more copies, I only picked it up yesterday as well. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some great prices on G2Play (http://www.g2play.net/store/) at the moment. All pc of course. Both Dirt 3 and Fable 3 are only €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

tesco have alan wake & forza 3 for €10 each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kiith wrote: »
    Some great prices on G2Play (http://www.g2play.net/store/) at the moment. All pc of course. Both Dirt 3 and Fable 3 are only €15.

just a question.

is it trustable? basicly you pay for a cd key, which you can just enter in to steam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

just a question.

is it trustable? basicly you pay for a cd key, which you can just enter in to steam?

Bought from them before.
    Seem fine never any issues personally but some got their keys revoked by Valve around the L4D2 release IIRC. Valve didn't like them spending so little money on their games.
    I'd have no problem buying EA Download Manager games off them but I'd be a tiny bit wary and do some looking into that particular title before dropping money into a Valve game on g2Play.

• Advertisement

Bought from them before.
    Seem fine never any issues personally but some got their keys revoked by Valve around the L4D2 release IIRC. Valve didn't like them spending so little money on their games.
    I'd have no problem buying EA Download Manager games off them but I'd be a tiny bit wary and do some looking into that particular title before dropping money into a Valve game on g2Play.

intresting.

i would only want that website for steam games. i love steam platfrom, but i wount say anything new to the crowd here - pricing is just awefull for ireland.

i was even paying to my friend by paypal in north so they would just buy a game for me and gift it.

so steam keys can be dodgy so?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive bought loads of stuff from G2play and never had a single issue.
    Easily the best value out there.

so steam keys can be dodgy so?

Only once that I've heard of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Fallout New Vegas is €11.99 in HMV Dundrum for the PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

dante's inferno 12e at HMV grafton :D great value i'd say, basically a GoW clone but the artwork and visuals are fking amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

seraphimvc wrote: »
    dante's inferno 12e at HMV grafton :D great value i'd say, basically a GoW clone but the artwork and visuals are fking amazing.

it's pretty cool but it does turn into a huge grindfest halfway thru; i stopped having fun playing it. But u can't really go wrong with 12e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

also on the HMV band wagon: Mirror's Edge for 3euro. Apparently not a tremendous game but again, can't beat 3euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Wow great timing I had a 10% discount code for them I had to use up, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

jaykhunter wrote: »
    it's pretty cool but it does turn into a huge grindfest halfway thru; i stopped having fun playing it. But u can't really go wrong with 12e!

I quit shortly after the the bit with the
    self-licking boobs that excreted unbaptised babies

Unsatisfying combat is the reason I stopped playing. I could see someone wanting to play it for the spectacle, to see what ridiculous thing the developers would come up with next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

also on the HMV band wagon: Mirror's Edge for 3euro. Apparently not a tremendous game but again, can't beat 3euro.

Mirrors Edge is an extraordinary experiment let down by developers who didn't fully realise what they had in their hands. Also crappy indoors level.

But at three euro it's certainly worth a go. Shows an attempt to do something genuinely different. With a second chance a sequel would genuinely be exciting. As is it's a game that frustrates as much as it succeeds. The very first level probably sees the game at it's best!

Mirrors Edge is an extraordinary experiment let down by developers who didn't fully realise what they had in their hands. Also crappy indoors level.

But at three euro it's certainly worth a go. Shows an attempt to do something genuinely different. With a second chance a sequel would genuinely be exciting. As is it's a game that frustrates as much as it succeeds. The very first level probably sees the game at it's best!

Thats as fair an assessment as there could be I think, and at €3 it's certainly well worth a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i think its an excellent game to be honest, it does something different and does it fairly well. 3 euro is a great bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

To be fair once you get proficient at Mirror's edge it truly becomes a superb game, when everything clicks together there's nothing better.

Portal 2 for PC is €15/16 on Amazon.co.uk

To be fair once you get proficient at Mirror's edge it truly becomes a superb game, when everything clicks together there's nothing better.

They obviously weren't very good at it. /smug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

jaykhunter wrote: »
    i just spam that game breaking holy ground spell i stop having fun on killing these enemies since the first hour lol

btw MirrorEdge 6E from gamestop too i forget to mention. (not my cup of tea and i m gonna trade it in soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

I think I paid about that on a Steam sale. I have to say I really liked it. It looked completely original - I loved the colours. I think I'm in the minority there. I would love if they ever made a sequel.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

wyrn wrote: »
    I think I paid about that on a Steam sale. I have to say I really liked it. It looked completely original - I loved the colours. I think I'm in the minority there. I would love if they ever made a sequel.

Enjoy!

EA are supposed to be working on mirrors edge 2 and using the Frostbite 2 engine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

HMV Fear 2 for 9.99 pre-owned. Not a bad game or a bad price.

• Advertisement

Got Killzone 3 Helghast Edition today in HMV for €39.99, very happy with that :D

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Got Killzone 3 Helghast Edition today in HMV for €39.99, very happy with that :D

Which store?

Which store?
    They had at least ten of them in Dundrum a few days ago but they weren't priced at €39.99 (i think) but might have dropped since then. Give them a ring first thing tomorrow and see if they have one and see if they'll reserve on for you there. Obviously, if it suites you that is.:rolleyes:

They had at least ten of them in Dundrum a few days ago but they weren't priced at €39.99 (i think) but might have dropped since then. Give them a ring first thing tomorrow and see if they have one and see if they'll reserve on for you there. Obviously, if it suites you that is.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info,I love me a wild goose chase,last HMV one I managed to get was a Gizmondo and the Res Evil Chainsaw pad up in Belfast five years ago.

Which store?
    Dundalk, think I got the last one, it was the only one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

F.E.A.R., F.E.A.R. Extraction Point , F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate , F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin, F.E.A.R.2: Reborn (DLC) all for $9.99 (dont know what the euro price is) on steam now

Helix wrote: »
    F.E.A.R., F.E.A.R. Extraction Point , F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate , F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin, F.E.A.R.2: Reborn (DLC) all for $9.99 (dont know what the euro price is) on steam now
    The download size for those games is phenomenal. Just tried to install my copy from Steam and it says that F.E.A.R 1 (no expansion packs) will be 16Gb. Just letting people know if they are tight on bandwidth/download limit.

• Advertisement

The download size for those games is phenomenal. Just tried to install my copy from Steam and it says that F.E.A.R 1 (no expansion packs) will be 16Gb. Just letting people know if they are tight on bandwidth/download limit.

i think the actual dlc packs are included in the regular fear download, and the dlc downloads are just activations. coz all the dlcs and fear 1 are all 16gb, yet the total plus fear 2 is just 28gb

so you could probably buy now and space the downloads over a while

bargain price though, cant go wrong really. im looking forward to getting stuck into them ahead of fear 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmn I played FEAR years ago when it first game out and really enjoyed it. Just looked there now and it's a 6 year old FPS- still worth getting?

for that price yeah, definitely worth it

Hmn I played FEAR years ago when it first game out and really enjoyed it. Just looked there now and it's a 6 year old FPS- still worth getting?

first fear is amazing game. A.I. alone will make you sweat. put it up on hard, and enjoy being outplayed by a.i. ;)

i allways tryed to get in to second one, but second one lost atmosphere, as it went for more: jump out "boo" every 5 mins so you go meh very soon, wheres Fear 1 make you to look each corner twice for 2 hours and then "boo" and you **** your pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

battlefield bad company 2 no matter what it costs you pay it as it is epic.... normally bout 18 euro now any bricks and mortar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

battlefield bad company 2 no matter what it costs you pay it as it is epic.... normally bout 18 euro now any bricks and mortar

Ya, any sign of this going cheap on ps3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ot at home to check but play or amazon have it new for 21 or 22 euro delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

L4D sale at the momemt for just 24 hours

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=5693

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

One of the greatest PC games ever :D

Ahhh ! won't let me buy the 4pack as I already own the game, even as a gift for others :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Stardock have 50% off their strategy PC games this weekend. Galactic Civilizations 2: Ultimate edition for under €7 is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Sarn wrote: »
    Stardock have 50% off their strategy PC games this weekend. Galactic Civilizations 2: Ultimate edition for under €7 is pretty good.

Just looked on their website and seemingly Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity is 50% off as well.

Excellent game!

http://www.impulsedriven.com/sinstrinity?ref=id

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement