Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Buy some fake "Recardos" and it'll complete it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

nothing drastic. just going to give it a service, do a job on the bit of rust around the rear arches before it gets out of hand. bumpers are sagging and the headlights are delaminating, new reg plates, polish it properly. change a few trim pieces inside, wet vac everything. repair the passenger door (doesn't centrally lock), repair the exhaust blow, probably remove the sub, badgeless grille. just tidying up bits, but lots of them. :)

doesn't reek of fags unfortunately, just stale air :(

that yeti photo is savage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

definitely do the reg plates, its surprising what a clean looking set of plates does for a car.

Would ye not leave the sub in it? nice to have full depth in the tunes :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Would ye not leave the sub in it? nice to have full depth in the tunes :)

But sure where would he put the shopping? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Were you parked in the Blackrock Inn Industrial Estate car park today? Saw an orange ST there and thought it looked really well, I think it looks better than the blue.

I was indeed, I was out golfing! I was unsure about the orange but now I wouldn't have it in any other colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Civic looks nice, Toyotafanboi. :)

Where was the pic with the Yeti taken, eljono?

Here's both of my beasts. :P

F1TW2crl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

GvidoR wrote: »
    Civic looks nice, Toyotafanboi. :)

Where was the pic with the Yeti taken, eljono?

Here's both of my beasts. :P

If it was me I'd lose the decorations and find a standard front grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

mooman wrote: »
    I was indeed, I was out golfing! I was unsure about the orange but now I wouldn't have it in any other colour.

I think its the best colour for it by far. Stands out way more.

If it was me I'd lose the decorations and find a standard front grill.

Decorations? Not exactly sure what you mean...

I do have the standard/original grille as well (I have 3 grilles actually, although one of them is no longer usable) however I'm not going back to the original. I will either cut out or paint the 2 metal pieces behind the grille in the bonnet and I may end up colour-matching the current grille.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Mmmmmm..... Xsara :D

Tell me it's diesel! :pac:

• Advertisement

Nothing fixes a dent quite like a sticker. :D

Hehe, no it's not a diesel. It's petrol, with performance induction kit, but I still get about 50 MPG on N4.

It's called stickerbombing, CianRyan, I've seen it on a couple of cars here in Ireland but not a lot though. Anyway, there's no dents underneath, just a small scratch.

I'm well up on sticker bombing, man. ;)

Good, you've done it yourself too?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

Hehe, no it's not a diesel. It's petrol, with performance induction kit, but I still get about 50 MPG on N4.

It's called stickerbombing, CianRyan, I've seen it on a couple of cars here in Ireland but not a lot though. Anyway, there's no dents underneath, just a small scratch.

i think stickerbombing makes it unique to you. Not many at all in Ireland, i have never seen any on the road but my own.

Here is my stickerbomb.

I was toying with the idea of doing my centre consol, never got around to it though.
    Next time I need a new panel I'll just cover it in stickers, paint is expensive. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

going to wash my car tomorrow as has been in a garage and undriven for the last 8 months now, getting the head gasket sorted next week hopefully and will post a pic tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

going to wash my car tomorrow as has been in a garage and undriven for the last 8 months now, getting the head gasket sorted next week hopefully and will post a pic tomorrow

Make sure and do afew before pics :)

haha no way, its making me sad at the moment, covered in dust from being left alone for months. Wasn't sure to get it fixed or buy another car, saw a couple but nothing that really turned my head in the end. half thinking about a saab 93, which seems very nice.

repair costs to sort the head gasket is far more than the car is worth but apart from that major issue, its in perfect enough condition mechanically and bodywise and I like driving it

Jordan5372 wrote: »
    i think stickerbombing makes it unique to you. Not many at all in Ireland, i have never seen any on the road but my own.

Here is my stickerbomb.

I have seen stickerbomb on 2 or 3 different cars. Only petrol caps though as far as I remember.

Looks great mate, nice bombing. Looks better de-badged too.
    CianRyan wrote:
    I was toying with the idea of doing my centre consol, never got around to it though.
    Next time I need a new panel I'll just cover it in stickers, paint is expensive. :P

You get a rattle can for under 10 euro, you'd be surprised what you can do with those. Stickers will cost you more than that. :)

• Advertisement

I have seen stickerbomb on 2 or 3 different cars. Only petrol caps though as far as I remember.

Looks great mate, nice bombing. Looks better de-badged too.

You get a rattle can for under 10 euro, you'd be surprised what you can do with those. Stickers will cost you more than that. :)

I recently spent over €300 on getting my wing replaced and painted, anything is cheaper than that. Haha

CianRyan wrote: »
    I recently spent over €300 on getting my wing replaced and painted, anything is cheaper than that. Haha

Wow, that's unbelievable. You can get a whole car for €300, even less. Would have been better off holding out until you find one of the same colour, or if you can't find one for ages you can find your colour code, get the right paint and re-spray it yourself or... you know... stickerbomb it. :)

Wow, that's unbelievable. You can get a whole car for €300, even less. Would have been better off holding out until you find one of the same colour, or if you can't find one for ages you can find your colour code, get the right paint and re-spray it yourself or... you know... stickerbomb it. :)

Couldn't have been driving it around, the light was smashed and the wing was crumpled up the side. I got a brand new wing as a favour so that killed some of the price. :D

CianRyan wrote: »
    Couldn't have been driving it around, the light was smashed and the wing was crumpled up the side. I got a brand new wing as a favour so that killed some of the price. :D

Free wing + spray can = 10 euro, job done.

...apart from the light, but they're not that expensive. :P

Free wing + spray can = 10 euro, job done.

...apart from the light, but they're not that expensive. :P

Yeah but the job is seamless, I wasn't after a cheap job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

you'd never get a wing to match in properly with just a rattle can. ever. paintwork imo needs a professionals touch.

speaking of stickerbombing.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

gave the bmw a wash for first time in a while, getting the head gasket sorted in the next week/2 weeks

Nice Silvia, fil.

Those BMW's are amazing bobin, I've always been a fan of the old 5 series. They're quite rare though. Also it's been years since I've seen that steering wheel lock thing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Phil presume that was you touring Gal way with us today! Looks very well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement