Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Nothing fixes a dent quite like a sticker. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Hehe, no it's not a diesel. It's petrol, with performance induction kit, but I still get about 50 MPG on N4.

It's called stickerbombing, CianRyan, I've seen it on a couple of cars here in Ireland but not a lot though. Anyway, there's no dents underneath, just a small scratch.

I'm well up on sticker bombing, man. ;)

Good, you've done it yourself too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

GvidoR wrote: »
    Hehe, no it's not a diesel. It's petrol, with performance induction kit, but I still get about 50 MPG on N4.

It's called stickerbombing, CianRyan, I've seen it on a couple of cars here in Ireland but not a lot though. Anyway, there's no dents underneath, just a small scratch.

i think stickerbombing makes it unique to you. Not many at all in Ireland, i have never seen any on the road but my own.

Here is my stickerbomb.

I was toying with the idea of doing my centre consol, never got around to it though.
    Next time I need a new panel I'll just cover it in stickers, paint is expensive. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

going to wash my car tomorrow as has been in a garage and undriven for the last 8 months now, getting the head gasket sorted next week hopefully and will post a pic tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

going to wash my car tomorrow as has been in a garage and undriven for the last 8 months now, getting the head gasket sorted next week hopefully and will post a pic tomorrow

Make sure and do afew before pics :)

haha no way, its making me sad at the moment, covered in dust from being left alone for months. Wasn't sure to get it fixed or buy another car, saw a couple but nothing that really turned my head in the end. half thinking about a saab 93, which seems very nice.

repair costs to sort the head gasket is far more than the car is worth but apart from that major issue, its in perfect enough condition mechanically and bodywise and I like driving it

Jordan5372 wrote: »
    i think stickerbombing makes it unique to you. Not many at all in Ireland, i have never seen any on the road but my own.

Here is my stickerbomb.

I have seen stickerbomb on 2 or 3 different cars. Only petrol caps though as far as I remember.

Looks great mate, nice bombing. Looks better de-badged too.
    CianRyan wrote:
    I was toying with the idea of doing my centre consol, never got around to it though.
    Next time I need a new panel I'll just cover it in stickers, paint is expensive. :P

You get a rattle can for under 10 euro, you'd be surprised what you can do with those. Stickers will cost you more than that. :)

• Advertisement

I have seen stickerbomb on 2 or 3 different cars. Only petrol caps though as far as I remember.

Looks great mate, nice bombing. Looks better de-badged too.

You get a rattle can for under 10 euro, you'd be surprised what you can do with those. Stickers will cost you more than that. :)

I recently spent over €300 on getting my wing replaced and painted, anything is cheaper than that. Haha

CianRyan wrote: »
    I recently spent over €300 on getting my wing replaced and painted, anything is cheaper than that. Haha

Wow, that's unbelievable. You can get a whole car for €300, even less. Would have been better off holding out until you find one of the same colour, or if you can't find one for ages you can find your colour code, get the right paint and re-spray it yourself or... you know... stickerbomb it. :)

Wow, that's unbelievable. You can get a whole car for €300, even less. Would have been better off holding out until you find one of the same colour, or if you can't find one for ages you can find your colour code, get the right paint and re-spray it yourself or... you know... stickerbomb it. :)

Couldn't have been driving it around, the light was smashed and the wing was crumpled up the side. I got a brand new wing as a favour so that killed some of the price. :D

CianRyan wrote: »
    Couldn't have been driving it around, the light was smashed and the wing was crumpled up the side. I got a brand new wing as a favour so that killed some of the price. :D

Free wing + spray can = 10 euro, job done.

...apart from the light, but they're not that expensive. :P

Free wing + spray can = 10 euro, job done.

...apart from the light, but they're not that expensive. :P

Yeah but the job is seamless, I wasn't after a cheap job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

you'd never get a wing to match in properly with just a rattle can. ever. paintwork imo needs a professionals touch.

speaking of stickerbombing.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

gave the bmw a wash for first time in a while, getting the head gasket sorted in the next week/2 weeks

Nice Silvia, fil.

Those BMW's are amazing bobin, I've always been a fan of the old 5 series. They're quite rare though. Also it's been years since I've seen that steering wheel lock thing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Phil presume that was you touring Gal way with us today! Looks very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Yup sure was. I hadn't planned it, just kept on going and ended up in Galway... :pac:

IMG_20130505_153406.jpg

We were following the C and C crowd until that bloody road closure. Got nippy towards the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q218/carmadgar/IMG_20130505_153406.jpg

We were following the C and C crowd until that bloody road closure. Got nippy towards the end

Nice collection there. I'd love a GT6.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »

The B belongs to my cousin the other two are my auld lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The bangernomics civic is looking well :)

536C0E60-4ECE-495B-AFCF-F858BE007B8B-30171-00001AE302417F90_zps2a505bfc.jpg

• Advertisement

bought a civic almost identical just the other day! best of luck with it :) do you mind me asking how much you paid?

bought a civic almost identical just the other day! best of luck with it :) do you mind me asking how much you paid?

Paid €800 for it :)

Paid €800 for it :)

not bad at all if it has a bit of NCT :)

not bad at all if it has a bit of NCT :)

Tested until 04-14!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Bought this around Christmas last year, pretty happy with it so far. Only regret is not going for more power. :D

6P2nYVQh.jpg

hvzTLiah.jpg

fLFyfcRl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Looks class. Probably sell it for more than you got it for :D
    New reg plates and it would look perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

OEM or Eagle Eye? How are you finding them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Bought this around Christmas last year, pretty happy with it so far. Only regret is not going for more power. :D
    ]

And it's not a 325!

I salute you sir! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭FortyMedals

Here is mine,Its my first car, i know you all might not think its great, but i do love it, bought it last October, it was due NCT this month, brought it in Thursday morning, it passed with ease, has NCT until July 2014, defiantly worth the 500 i bought it for, only had to spend about 350 on it to fix it up, bad thing is i may have to sell it soon,me been 6 ft 2 doesn't help, head almost hits the roof, but at the same time i cant really let it go, love this car

anyway my pride and joy

35k4gad.jpg

m9osbn.jpg

35lbw5u.jpg

59sztd.jpg

5nw2ub.jpg

30tmbed.jpg

*edit, sorry about picture size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

First cars are always special, no matter what they are. Well wear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Is that Togher? Somewhere near the Deanrock?

Is that Togher? Somewhere near the Deanrock?

Nope, Blackrock area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q218/carmadgar/IMG_20130505_153406.jpg

h3000 wrote: »
    The B belongs to my cousin the other two are my auld lads.

Seen your motors in the flesh today in Athur's Quay. They're well minded.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

That Coupe looks very clean and well. Can't bring myself to say it's a good looking car, but it looks in great nick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ottostreet wrote: »
    That Coupe looks very clean and well. Can't bring myself to say it's a good looking car, but it looks in great nick!

It's no 156, I tell ya that. :pac:

• Advertisement

ottostreet wrote: »

to be fair when i bought it, it needed a big wash and wax :) im always trying to keep it clean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It's no 156, I tell ya that. :pac:

You'll set the annoying kind of fan boys off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A new front numberplate would transform the front of the car, the existing one is a bit battered.
    I'd be curious to see what the seats are like underneath the silage wrap. They're probably in grand condition.

Well wear, that was a bit of a stunner back in the 90s, there's not that many of that shape left.

You'll set the annoying kind of fan boys off...

Not referring to me are you?

Well wear FortyMedals, looks like a good bargain! I'd lose the steering wheel cover and seat covers and throw the seat fabrics into the washing machine or wash them by hand if needs be.

First cars really are always special!

166man wrote: »
    Not referring to me are you?

Well I did place a vote at the time:pac:;) :p

colm_mcm wrote: »
    A new front numberplate would transform the front of the car, the existing one is a bit battered.
    I'd be curious to see what the seats are like underneath the silage wrap. They're probably in grand condition.

Well wear, that was a bit of a stunner back in the 90s, there's not that many of that shape left.

@colm
    Your right, i should fix the number plate, Halfords do them pretty cheap, also, the seats are in very good condition, one reason i stuck seat covers on was to keep it that way! i think in 99 they changed the model, and again in 2002

@166man, thank you, however, it took me ages to get the seat covers on in the first place, can't be arsed to try and take them off :D
    was really happy this was my first car, but im a small bit big for it, steering wheel cover is only been used because i got it for free ;)

Well I did place a vote at the time:pac:;) :p

Didn't realise I was annoying to you... I forgot it's a bad thing to be a fanboi of a particular brand. :)

Didn't realise I was annoying to you... I forgot it's a bad thing to be a fanboi of a particular brand. :)

Never said it was a bad thing dear chap.

Never said it was a bad thing dear chap.

But annoying someone is a good thing? Anyway back on topic!

I have no pictures of my car to post!

• Advertisement

But annoying someone is a good thing? Anyway back on topic!

I have no pictures of my car to post!

Me neither:(

Didn't mean to offend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement