Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

"Brazil Model supporting DTV" means it supports Brazilian Digital TV which could be ISDB-T International that is used in most of South America and some of Asia and being considered in many African countries but more likely it is the handheld adjunct to it 1Seg. Either way would be useless here where we use DVB-T and don't have a handheld digital tv broadcast (O2 seemingly had a single DVB-H test service, where H stands for handheld, but DVB-H is dead).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

minitrue wrote: »
    Like a good few other phones there are single sim and dual sim versions. The original Moto G also had a dual sim version. Yes right now I'm seeing the dual sim version in places and not the single sim version, but do not order one expecting dual sim unless there is some confirmation you are ordering the dual sim version!

For SM01 a dual sim phone does sound like a very good idea. The only downside is that it is going to be a bit more power hungry (but afaik it will be only connecting over 2g for texts/calls on the "other" sim so it shouldn't be too bad).

So far I get about 2 days out of my XT1068.

Dual SIM is fab for me, can just stick in a SIM for the country I visit and use data while still receiving SMS and calls on my own sim.

Also, crossing the border every day to Germany its very handy :D

A nice bonus of having a foreign sim is you can use any mobile network that's available so coverage is never a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

How is the new Moto G for those of you who have it? Good phone? Are you happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

4G VERSION Very disappointed with battery life,otherwise ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭bren2001

de biz wrote: »
    4G VERSION Very disappointed with battery life,otherwise ok

Are you leaving your 4g on? Because, it eats the battery on any phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Expecting my moto g2 to arrive this week, anyone recommend a good sd card for a good price?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads anyone got issues with the 3G Moto G with phone calls basically when talking on the phone the other persons voice will turn into alien sounding language that I cannot understand them any more, thought it was my blutooth headset but it's the same using the phone ear piece? Many ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Has anyone had problems with using the phone as a hotspot. It connects but seems to go to sleep frequently. Can't see what is wrong. Sometimes I turn off data and turn it on again and it wakes up, sometimes I go to set up hotspot, change nothing and it wakes up again. It's a bit annoying. Didn't have this issue with my previous phone (HTC desire hd) when connecting to the same devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Nolars wrote: »
    Expecting my moto g2 to arrive this week, anyone recommend a good sd card for a good price?
    thanks
    The Samsung Class 10 32GB are excellent for speed, performance, reviews and price, only €15 from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00J29D62Y

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Not sure whether to buy the Moto G LTE or the Moto G 2nd gen. Anyone got any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Trond wrote: »
    Not sure whether to buy the Moto G LTE or the Moto G 2nd gen. Anyone got any thoughts?

Do you need 4G? Do you need extra storage space?

Do you need 4G? Do you need extra storage space?

Both have the SD card option which id definitely need. The 4G isn't exactly a deal breaker to be honest. Ive been reading reviews of both and the new camera in the 2nd gen seems a good bit better.

My only concern with the 2nd gen is the screen given its the same spec as the smaller version. Cant see it being a massive difference though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I've already asked this question about the Meteor network so apologies but they only have the 4g option now which my euro colleague had no need for and they are out of stock online.
    Just wondering if i got this phone on tesco mobile.ie is it still unlocked until i put the first sim into it or do they ship it with a tesco mobile sim?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I've already asked this question about the Meteor network so apologies but they only have the 4g option now which my euro colleague had no need for and they are out of stock online.
    Just wondering if i got this phone on tesco mobile.ie is it still unlocked until i put the first sim into it or do they ship it with a tesco mobile sim?

It will be locked to Tesco mobile* until they unlock it for you.

*I'm assuming Tesco mobile, like other operators ship sim locked phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

Apologies if this has already been answered, but does anyone know have any Irish carriers confirmed they will be stocking the 2nd gen model?

Using my Moto G2 for a day now love it so far. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Any idea if we will get upgraded to Android L?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

F1ngers wrote: »
    It will be locked to Tesco mobile* until they unlock it for you.

*I'm assuming Tesco mobile, like other operators ship sim locked phones.
    Not necessarily,
    Meteor were shipping unlocked first generation moto g's which then locked to which ever network you first put a sim from.
    I know this cause i got one for my wife and nephew who are on three.
    So is there anyone here who purchased the handset from tescomobile.ie who can confirm or deny this please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Any idea if we will get upgraded to Android L?

Yeah you will. Even the first gen Moto G is getting the L update apparently.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/general/moto-g-upgraded-to-android-l-t2869176

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Nolars wrote: »
    Using my Moto G2 for a day now love it so far. :)

I've had mine a good two weeks now and very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 teatoast

Got the new Moto G yesterday and I'm loving it so far. Upgraded from an iPhone 4 and I'm well impressed with how fast it is. Screen looks great to me as well, but as long as there's no obvious pixelation I'm not all that fussy on how high spec a screen is, like I still use my iPad 2 and I'm not bothered about upgrading to a retina display.

I don't know what the Irish carriers will be doing but I bought mine straight off amazon UK. Hard to know how long it took because it was a pre-order but think it was less than a week to arrive from the date it dispatched. I got the phone and a 32gb SD card as a bundle for what worked out as 200 euro. The SD card hasn't arrived yet and it shipped well before the phone so watch out for that if you want the card in a hurry.

Overall I'm very impressed. Spent a small fortune on my iPhone 4 so I'm still amazed how cheap this is for such a decent phone.

teatoast wrote: »
    Got the new Moto G yesterday and I'm loving it so far. Upgraded from an iPhone 4 and I'm well impressed with how fast it is. Screen looks great to me as well, but as long as there's no obvious pixelation I'm not all that fussy on how high spec a screen is, like I still use my iPad 2 and I'm not bothered about upgrading to a retina display.

I don't know what the Irish carriers will be doing but I bought mine straight off amazon UK. Hard to know how long it took because it was a pre-order but think it was less than a week to arrive from the date it dispatched. I got the phone and a 32gb SD card as a bundle for what worked out as 200 euro. The SD card hasn't arrived yet and it shipped well before the phone so watch out for that if you want the card in a hurry.

Overall I'm very impressed. Spent a small fortune on my iPhone 4 so I'm still amazed how cheap this is for such a decent phone.

Ended up getting the same. You did v well to get the SD card as well for that price. Mine was €207 with amazon with express delivery. Have a few SD cards lying around already.

I read a few people saying they managed to get a 64gb card to working in it as well. Might take a punt on one on ebay.

Trond wrote: »
    Ended up getting the same. You did v well to get the SD card as well for that price. Mine was €207 with amazon with express delivery. Have a few SD cards lying around already.

I read a few people saying they managed to get a 64gb card to working in it as well. Might take a punt on one on ebay.

The delivery was amazing with free shipping it was dispatched on Sunday and got it Tuesday. Ya the 64gb cards could be worth a shout, I think they are 28 euro in CEX might go in and try it before I buy it.
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SMEMMSD64#.VCLPxPldUro
    Could be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Are Moto 4G SIM Unlock codes now available in the DB?

This UK ebay seller seems to have code:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Motorola-Moto-G-Moto-G-4G-Moto-E-Mobile-Phone-Unlock-Code-/111416499223?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3

Anyone get an Unlock code recently for the 4G and can confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

gn3dr wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems with using the phone as a hotspot. It connects but seems to go to sleep frequently. Can't see what is wrong. Sometimes I turn off data and turn it on again and it wakes up, sometimes I go to set up hotspot, change nothing and it wakes up again. It's a bit annoying. Didn't have this issue with my previous phone (HTC desire hd) when connecting to the same devices.

Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

Anyone know if any Irish stores/carriers will be selling this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,848 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Nono Toure wrote: »
    Anyone know if any Irish stores/carriers will be selling this?

Good question.

Which one is the official replacement & when will it be available with full warranty & support ?

When will it get to the price point of it's predecessor or do they plan to continue producing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Lads anyone got issues with the 3G Moto G with phone calls basically when talking on the phone the other persons voice will turn into alien sounding language that I cannot understand them any more, thought it was my blutooth headset but it's the same using the phone ear piece? Many ideas?

yeah two of us in the house also have this problem.must be a common one but don't know a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Looking at getting one of these :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KB0YDBG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A20IE13GGUV67S

Is this a 2nd Gen model and can it take a Micro SIM? Is is due to be replaced or updated?

Is the 5inch version worth the extra? I see the screen is not as good…

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Looking at getting one of these :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KB0YDBG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A20IE13GGUV67S

Is this a 2nd Gen model and can it take a Micro SIM? Is is due to be replaced or updated?

Is the 5inch version worth the extra? I see the screen is not as good…

Thanks!

That's the older version, 4G isn't available yet on the latest model.

Advertisement