Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

talla wrote: »

Alternatively you can set your phone to upload all your photos to Sky Drive as soon as you take them so you will never have to use a cable. Just log into your Hotmail and they all will be on your Sky Drive.

Be very wary of this as your only option. Photos taken on the camera that are uploaded to Skydrive are not the same quality as when originally taken. They are highly compressed e.g. I have a photo that is over 2mb on my phone and also when imported using the zune software, however the file that was uploaded to skydrive is only 181KB.

Yeah I know. Its convenient though when you don't have a cable around :) The SkyDrive app actually uploads them in higher resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

I know I've seen it on boards before but can somebody tell me the name of the app simialr to the sky+ app that lets you record tv
    Thanks
    BTW just finished mt first week on WM7 and I love it.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

jonseyblub wrote: »
    I know I've seen it on boards before but can somebody tell me the name of the app simialr to the sky+ app that lets you record tv
    Thanks
    BTW just finished mt first week on WM7 and I love it.!!

Tv guide +

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Just unboxed my new shiny white 800...it's exceedingly pretty, especially compared to the dull HTC HD7 right beside it.

It's off to Adverts with you, young HTC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Just unboxed my new shiny white 800...it's exceedingly pretty, especially compared to the dull HTC HD7 right beside it.

It's off to Adverts with you, young HTC

I'd love to see a real one, the display model in the shops isn't built the same. It has a seam down the sides which isn't there on the real one, i.e. it's not unibody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

TBi wrote: »
    I'd love to see a real one, the display model in the shops isn't built the same. It has a seam down the sides which isn't there on the real one, i.e. it's not unibody.

Yes and that's what put me off. The one in the shop was also an off white, but I can tell you that the real thing is snow white, gloss and very much unibody.

Well i'm thinking of getting that E-Mobile deal and it's a toss up between a white Lumia or a white 4S. Although i like the Cyan Lumia, but i'm not sure how it would be in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Well i'm thinking of getting that E-Mobile deal and it's a toss up between a white Lumia or a white 4S. Although i like the Cyan Lumia, but i'm not sure how it would be in person.

I had the Lumia and iPhone 4S.

I'd go for the iPhone, its better i every way, but that's just my personal opinion.

mad muffin wrote: »
    I'd go for the iPhone, its better i every way, but that's just my personal opinion.

I've had 3GS and have HTC Trophy. I love WP7 interface but there are some things i miss from iOS. I'd love the best of both worlds!

Actually one thing about WP7 that i love is the keylock, you just tap in your key and it unlocks after the last number is entered. On iOS you have to click ok at the end, much smarter on WP7.

iPhone 4S is tempting because i'd like the 32GB option, but it's the only one that emobile is out of (32GB white). I have 32GB in my Trophy and it's over half full so 16GB could be a problem for me.

I was looking at that, with meteor i dont have a problem with 200 mins and texts and 1GB, but if I didnt have FCAT to meteor id probably easily go over that.

Its a fair price. Over 12 months + 69 euro for the phone you end up paying out the same price as the phone would be to buy on prepay. Seems a fair price to me for people who dont use their mins and texts too much and want a decent phone.

• Advertisement

The emobile deal is 35 per month with unlimited calls and txts and 15GB data. Very good deal.

Only toss up is the phone really. The 4S was just a bit too expensive for me, but it's falling in under what i was willing to pay for the Lumia unlocked. Although the lumia is much cheaper on the deal... So many decisions... so little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lemon_grass

Actually one thing about WP7 that i love is the keylock, you just tap in your key and it unlocks after the last number is entered. On iOS you have to click ok at the end, much smarter on WP7.

You don't have to click okay after entering your keylock code, it automatically unlocks after entering the correct code on iOS. It's only when you have to enter the sim unlock code on turning on the phone that you have to click okay.

The emobile deal is 35 per month with unlimited calls and txts and 15GB data. Very good deal.

Only toss up is the phone really. The 4S was just a bit too expensive for me, but it's falling in under what i was willing to pay for the Lumia unlocked. Although the lumia is much cheaper on the deal... So many decisions... so little time.

Where did you see that deal?

You don't have to click okay after entering your keylock code, it automatically unlocks after entering the correct code on iOS. It's only when you have to enter the sim unlock code on turning on the phone that you have to click okay.

Didn't before on my 3GS or iPad, although i've been mainly using it on my iPad. Maybe it was changed in a later version. I could be wrong so i'll check it later. Thanks!

EDIT: I use an extended passcode, 6 digits. Maybe that's why i have to click ok? I prefer the extra security.

Where did you see that deal?

Here. You need an eircom account, or know someone with one.

Didn't before on my 3GS or iPad, although i've been mainly using it on my iPad. Maybe it was changed in a later version. I could be wrong so i'll check it later. Thanks!

EDIT: I use an extended passcode, 6 digits. Maybe that's why i have to click ok? I prefer the extra security.

Here. You need an eircom account, or know someone with one.

Hmm looks extremely tempting, my gf's parent have an eircom account. Could borrow the account no of them. Would be dead handy 35 euro for an unlimited account. I dont really need unlimited calls and texts but 15GB of data would make me happy, i always hate having to switch to wifi to download an app or watch a youtube video once in a while, or streaming radio for that matter would be a nice thing, im getting more and more used to streaming music from the internet rather than actually loading music onto the phone constantly. Its far less hassle.

im getting more and more used to streaming music from the internet rather than actually loading music onto the phone constantly. Its far less hassle.

Would be great with Nokia Music :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

I have the Nokia Lumia 800 and I'm loving it.
    I just rang Bank of Ireland 365 to ask about if they were releasing an app for Windows Phone as I saw iphone heads the Irish Times mentioning that there was now an app for their phones.
    The girl who answered that currently it was just for iphone and Android...
    I registered my interest anyway and asked that they test their site on IE9 Mobile at least.
    A lot of Dutch banks have released apps in the last week or so, the Irish market is very lazy for a lot of things so we may be waiting a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Can you burn movies to disc from Zune or are they protected like iTunes?

Dub XV wrote: »

Movies that you purchase from Zune?

Movies that you purchase from Zune?

Yeah. Sorry should have been clearer.

• Advertisement

Yeah. Sorry should have been clearer.

No idea. Never purchased movies of Zune, only rented a few on Xbox.

No idea but more than likely protected. If the companies won't let apple do it then you can be damn sure they won't let MS do it.

Always best to get your videos from an alternative source. Then do with them what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 10kdays

I am going to buy a lumia 800 tomorrow 2nd hand. 2 questions. The first is how much are they to unlock, or could i do it myself? The 2nd question is if there is anything to look out for with the 800 in particular before i hand over my cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

10kdays wrote: »
    I am going to buy a lumia 800 tomorrow 2nd hand. 2 questions. The first is how much are they to unlock, or could i do it myself? The 2nd question is if there is anything to look out for with the 800 in particular before i hand over my cash?

There's a place in town called GSM Solutions, they'll unlock it for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 10kdays

What is the lates on whether it will handle Windows phone 8?

I am guessing due to the similarities between the 800 and the 900 and the fact that Apple phones are updated for several years after their release that microsoft will have been planning on updaing these phones.

Also with the lower power lumia 610 being so popular in china (1% more market share for windows phone than iphone). I think the update would be important to microsoft (and nokia).

What do you guys think?

Im picking this up 2nd hand for £165 today - I think its a good price. (Im in England).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Basically, we don't know. There's been no official word from Microsoft about it. An Microsoft developer evangelist said that we would, but a day later went back on that, saying he got confused between apps working on Windows Phone 8 and current phones being updated to Windows Phone 8.

I think that Microsoft themselves don't know, to be honest, and they're still wondering whether they can or cannot. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if we won't.

Basically, we don't know. There's been no official word from Microsoft about it. An Microsoft developer evangelist said that we would, but a day later went back on that, saying he got confused between apps working on Windows Phone 8 and current phones being updated to Windows Phone 8.

I think that Microsoft themselves don't know, to be honest, and they're still wondering whether they can or cannot. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if we won't.

Well I still think we will get a feature pack or something. Obviously not all hardware is capable of certain things, especially tango handsets. Though I would expect a summed down update for older handsets atleast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Well I still think we will get a feature pack or something. Obviously not all hardware is capable of certain things, especially tango handsets. Though I would expect a summed down update for older handsets atleast

At the very least I expect it will be a new version of WP7 to support the older handsets that can't handle WP8.

AngryLips wrote: »
    At the very least I expect it will be a new version of WP7 to support the older handsets that can't handle WP8.

Yup

• Advertisement

Can't send pic via text message. Any suggestions peeps?

Advertisement