Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [Sunshine & Lollipops]

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Ranked up about 4 times in one night with nearly no kills... drunk... seem to have a lot of conquest stars and whatnot... was I just running from one flag to the next and avoiding everyone?
    Is that a thing? Kinda remember a lot of motorbiking.

I really need to squad up... anyone interested?
    usually engineer myself.
    Would love to try some of those squad plays mentioned earlier.

Anyone else know of some really effective squad tactics?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

The Red wrote: »
    Anyone else know of some really effective squad tactics?

Yep I do. It's a really out there squad tactic only known to those who hit Lvl 110 but I'll share it with you as alot of people don't really know about it.

Resupply, Revive, Repair and PTFO :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

suppressor
    on anything that shoots fast
    game on
    p90 n me sitting in a tree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

I'm looking forward to this patch.... update hopefully it gets bf4 back on track... I've been playing on ps4 and I really enjoying it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The attack boats are class :D had a few good rounds last night on the ps4.

First round was on Conq (Not sure what map) and we were been spawn funked. I took out a sniper rifle and ran in behind them. 4 lads all got knifed but i couldnt find their spawn beacon so I got messed up when they landed back in behind me. So i respawn and take a quad, drive straight for them up the little mountainy type thing and let the quad fly off as I jump and they didnt realise I was standing behind them so I wait until they all spawn and setup and then go knife them all and took care of their beacons. We were losing by a lot that stage and ended up winning the match after so I was delighted.

Then onto the boats, got up 6 levels in my first drive around with them, nothing too spectacular but swatting helis with them is hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Can the MAV set off enemy C4?

Also playing and there was an enemy support using a mortar, I kept zapping his mortar before he could shoot, though he had an ammo box next to him and kept resupplying himself with more which I kept zapping. I got like five anti-vehicle ribbons off him. Then I zapped his ammobox and he started firing wildly at my MAV. He was not happy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yes, and claymores too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Sparks wrote: »
    Yes, and claymores too.

Niiiiice :D

I played a game last night where we were getting our arses handed to us because the enemy team had four very talented snipers.
    I hid in a skip and sent up a MAV, spotted them for the team and they got strafed by one of our choppers.

You don't get much points but it's fun seeing your input having an effect on how the game pans out. I kept spotting for our team and we managed to just barely claw a victory out of it. Between that and blowing up their spawn beacons I didn't do too badly.

Finished up: 0 kills, 2 deaths and 4000 points.

EDIT: Pushing people off buildings on Shanghai is hilarious as well. Off to watch that video now

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

So love the attack boats ! Have 15 stars so far.
    Really helps if ya have a repair junky . Just make sure ya keep face on to enemy and hit them at the back to take out their engineers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Also playing and there was an enemy support using a mortar, I kept zapping his mortar before he could shoot, though he had an ammo box next to him and kept resupplying himself with more which I kept zapping. I got like five anti-vehicle ribbons off him. Then I zapped his ammobox and he started firing wildly at my MAV. He was not happy :pac:

I don't use it too often because I like my motion sensors and C4 too much, but... using the MAV like that, sends you into stitches :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

rules are rules :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Was just on Paracel Storm Obliteration as an Engineer. Having saved our 'C'?? bomb (one closest to the ship) I was subsequently abandoned there by my glorious team mates. After giving up trying to procure transport that was going past the island, I decided to take in the scenery. Spotted 2 enemy recons on the radar dish on the large island, I whipped out the SRAW and proceeded to get a multikill :D Only thing that could have possibly made me happier is if I saw 'headshot' pop up on screen.

Love the SRAW. Sniping people from across the map or taking them off their precious rooftops makes life worth living :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Rogue transmission in a tank yesterday. From the second I got in it was perma lock on.
    Was enraged. Could barely move before getting taken out so I jumped into a jeep and plowed towards the mountains at the only red light I could see. Jeep went flying through the air. Bailed out and landed right behind a sniper and his soflam.
    Revenge never tasted so sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Double XP weekend + XP boosts = all sniper rifles and DMRs unlocked, along with all anti-air and tank perks and 80% of the pistols! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Had a ridiculously long hard battle on rush today (zavod). We were attacking and each checkpoint was hard fought:
    We were going for the last box upstairs in the tower and no matter what we did we couldn't get up the stairs. The end of round music was playing and I thought we had it lost.
    I re spawned as support using the lmg and just went on a one man killing spree. 2 at the bottom of the stairs then ran up, took out another 4 at the top and there was another guy running away from me so I stabbed him in the neck. Finished with about 20 bullets out of 200.... Then I set the charge and we won. It was just an epic end to a great round. I felt like Rambo or something:-)

AS Val... yum yum. The lack of an extended mag is a killer, but christ that gun does some damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Annoying game on Caspian (kept being killed by pickup weapons) followed by a great game on Firestorm.

Road killed a mate on the big tower with an attack jet, killed another on 2nd strafing run, got shot down on 3rd run but ejected. Heard on TS, "Come on DeWinter, I'm ready for you" just as I RPG'd the speaker off the top of the tower on my way down. Fit of giggles at the bottom on hearing the WTF off TS :)

And then I triggered the burnoff button and completed the Scorched assignment as they respawned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Annoying game on Caspian (kept being killed by pickup weapons) followed by a great game on Firestorm.

Road killed a mate on the big tower with an attack jet, killed another on 2nd strafing run, got shot down on 3rd run but ejected. Heard on TS, "Come on DeWinter, I'm ready for you" just as I RPG'd the speaker off the top of the tower on my way down. Fit of giggles at the bottom on hearing the WTF off TS :)

And then I triggered the burnoff button and completed the Scorched assignment as they respawned :D

GYPO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Got killed by some guy on rogue transmission last night and respond by killing him 9 times including detagging him (Wasn't intentional I was just having an exceptionally good round, also AS Val is a beast)

At the end of the round I get a mail saying nolife. Made the round that much sweeter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

There are games like that although normally I'm on the receiving end. Some months back a guy using a DMR before they were fixed killed me 6 or 7 times. Was doing quite well otherwise and just thinking "How the Hell is this happening?"

• Advertisement

I did think to myself about half way through, jesus I'm doing unusually well ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Hovercrafts, submarines & Carrier mode !

Four All-New Multiplayer Maps
    Blow open a crashed passenger plane and capture fishing villages across the tropical Lost Islands. Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on the massive Wave Breaker map. Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike. Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in Operation Mortar.

ns-01.png?v=1386624694440rc2

ns-03.png?v=1386624694440rc2

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield-4/news/naval-strike-first-glimpse?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bf4-social-uk-socom-fb-post-naval-strike&sourceid=bf4-social-uk-socom-fb-post-naval-strike

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'm not going to say that shooting Devore off his ATV as he carried the bomb past me thinking all was well with the world was fun exactly, but it did have a certain degree of amusement and entertainment attached to it... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Step one, find a Firestorm server with 14 people on it.
    Step two, kill a bunch of snipers on the big tower from lower down the tower with the SKS & shotty.
    Step three, get the .50 cal rifle from A.

And kill more snipers :D.

RESULT Eagles Nest assignment completed, Gol unlocked :)

(and never to be used after I get the Re-Mastered assignment.)

Was playing CR on Altai Range and SRAW'd a jet tonight... then, moments after (after rubbing my eyes in disbelief) I SRAW'd an attack heli. I played on for another few rounds but didn't do too great. I think I used up all my luck in those 1.5/2 minutes.

Was playing on Golmud the other night and managed to SRAW a chopper while thinking I had missed and stopped aiming. The rocket must have done that return to sender thing it tends to do when you stop ADS with the launcher and hit the chopper on it's way back.

Kinda sat there for a sec thinking, what the hell happened there?

Advertisement