Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

HI Guys . im looking for an Android phone with a large screen size ( Galaxy note size). Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    HI Guys . im looking for an Android phone with a large screen size ( Galaxy note size). Any suggestions?

If money is no object, Huawei Ascend Mate7. If you're on a budget and a 5.5" screen will suffice, then check out Jiayu S3, Meizu M1 Note, or Lenovo K3 Note.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why do threads have to close after 10000 posts? I'm sure its asked every single time, but I don't get it.

I think it has to do with the software used for the site not liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

Ode to a great thread..

Chinese android phones , or non brand phones as they where when this thread was started were new. Only the brave jumped in, you paid $60, crossed your fingers that customs would not charge you with importing a counterfeit fake of some big brand phone,, in fact you hoped that customs would not see the phone at all..

Back then if you did get your phone, it lasted about 4 months before dying a smokey death, most likely you were glad to see the back of it, as it was about as much use as a brick..

Now, 10,000 posts later, things are a lot better, many sites now work hard to sell very nice phones, some phones are now brands in their own right, some sites are as well known as to us geeks as Amazon or Ebay, even PayPal are happy to jump on board..

This thread has come a long way in 10,000 posts..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I think ive owned about 10 phones since this thread started :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

satguy wrote: »
    Ode to a great thread..

Chinese android phones , or non brand phones as they where when this thread was started were new. Only the brave jumped in, you paid $60, crossed your fingers that customs would not charge you with importing a counterfeit fake of some big brand phone,, in fact you hoped that customs would not see the phone at all..

Back then if you did get your phone, it lasted about 4 months before dying a smokey death, most likely you were glad to see the back of it, as it was about as much use as a brick..

Now, 10,000 posts later, things are a lot better, many sites now work hard to sell very nice phones, some phones are now brands in their own right, some sites are as well known as to us geeks as Amazon or Ebay, even PayPal are happy to jump on board..

This thread has come a long way in 10,000 posts..

It doesn't rhyme :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I think ive owned about 10 phones since this thread started :D

Only 10? every time I look you seem to be changing them... Still got original jiayu g3, working perfect but collecting dust now. Might hold out till the new Lenovo laser model gets released before buying next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

T-Bird wrote: »
    Only 10? every time I look you seem to be changing them... Still got original jiayu g3, working perfect but collecting dust now. Might hold out till the new Lenovo laser model gets released before buying next one.

They need to stop getting better and better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I really hope the OPO gets a price reduction, might finally take the plunge and get one.
    Need to get back to having decent support!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Someone get the link up for the new thread before this one dies, I need to order a phone soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

fitze69 wrote: »
    Hey were did you find a UK seller?
    I ordered from a seller on ebay who had the white 1,didn't fancy the yellow 1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I have a jaiyu g4s, has worked perfectly for the past couple of years and now part of the screen doesn't work so i need a new phone.
    Should i just get another g4s or go for something different? Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 podgey1992

The last time I posted on the old thread as a newbie looking for an android phone you guys directed me towards the Motorola MotoG, which has been a great phone for the past year or more, but is currently slowing down quite a bit, and I'd like to upgrade to a phone which has a bigger screen and a much better camera.

Ideally I'd like to spend under 200 quid all in, with customs and delivery etc included.

Are there any popular/reliable phones within my price bracket which fit the specs that I should be looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

podgey1992 wrote: »
    The last time I posted on the old thread as a newbie looking for an android phone you guys directed me towards the Motorola MotoG, which has been a great phone for the past year or more, but is currently slowing down quite a bit, and I'd like to upgrade to a phone which has a bigger screen and a much better camera.

Ideally I'd like to spend under 200 quid all in, with customs and delivery etc included.

Are there any popular/reliable phones within my price bracket which fit the specs that I should be looking at?

Meizu m1 note? Choose DHL and its guaranteed no duty http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pre-order-Meizu-Blue-Charm-Note-5-5-Inch-1920-1080-Octa-Core-4G-LTE-FDD/32259348254.html

spix wrote: »
    Meizu m1 note? Choose DHL and its guaranteed no duty /item/Pre-order-Meizu-Blue-Charm-Note-5-5-Inch-1920-1080-Octa-Core-4G-LTE-FDD/32259348254.html[/url]

Looks good, I've also been looking at the Lenovo K3 Note 2G RAM+16G ROM (can't post links) which seems similar and cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

podgey1992 wrote: »
    Looks good, I've also been looking at the Lenovo K3 Note 2G RAM+16G ROM (can't post links) which seems similar and cheaper?

ordered this as I am biased towards lenovo from having the A830 for two years with no issues and multiple roms on it from needrom.
    looking around for an extra 10€ from relativley unknowns i decided to go for the k3 note,even if it is only available in yellow or white ,i am getting a black cover for it!
    1. bang per buck
    2. previous experience with the brand
    3. build quality
    these are my main deciding factors.

hope it helps.

Not afiliated with any website i shopped around and to2c seemed to be the best value with NL post shipping for very little extra(tracked 7-10 business days)
    two factors to consider
    1. what is the best phone for you?
    2. where is the best place to get it?

seanin4711 wrote: »
    ordered this as I am biased towards lenovo from having the A830 for two years with no issues and multiple roms on it from needrom.
    looking around for an extra 10€ from relativley unknowns i decided to go for the k3 note,even if it is only available in yellow or white ,i am getting a black cover for it!
    1. bang per buck
    2. previous experience with the brand
    3. build quality
    these are my main deciding factors.

hope it helps.

Not afiliated with any website i shopped around and to2c seemed to be the best value with NL post shipping for very little extra(tracked 7-10 business days)
    two factors to consider
    1. what is the best phone for you?
    2. where is the best place to get it?

Awesome thanks very much! I think the Lenovo K3 might be the phone for me. I've never flashed ROMs onto a phone before, I'm assuming it's relatively easy to do and the ROMs are as good as the latest android OS?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

ok - we're at 10k posts - so i'm going to lock this thread.

New thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057438440

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement