Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

fitze69 wrote: »
    Any sites with EU stock? that elephone looks class

They went on round 3 of presale yesterday. Not sure the date of general sale yet but the next round of sale items is due next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

GBX wrote: »
    They went on round 3 of presale yesterday. Not sure the date of general sale yet but the next round of sale items is due next Wednesday.

What site was that, is that posting from EU or is it China? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Can anyone give me a good recommendation for a 5.5, good community behind would be a big plus. Oh and a small price tag would be great. So basically i want it all and I want it cheap :)

Your best shot at some sort of support might be the Jiayu S3, Jiayu seem to have a fair few enthusiasts out there for their gear.

The Meizu M1 Note would be in the same space, probably even better supported, but no SD would put me off. Otherwise it seems to be a cracking phone at the price.

What site was that, is that posting from EU or is it China? cheers

Its on their own site: www.elephone.hk/MerchantSnapActivity.html .. certain vendors have stock at given times and the links go live. Fastest fingers first!! Be careful though I was trying to get one at $159 and clicked to find the price is gone straight up to $229.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

A friend was going back to Hong Kong for a bit so I sent my broken screen Mi4 off with her to get it fixed on the cheap back home. While it was gone I got it a tempered glass protected and case to make sure it would be safe this time. 6 weeks after getting it back, it falls off the arm of the sofa (while wearing its case and cover). The screen protector is fine but the screen has a hairline crack going across from right to left 1/2 way across the screen. Touch screen is completely unresponsive.

I had to laugh because if I didn't I'd cry.

SO

I see the price of the eLife E7 has been slashed all over the place. Has anyone seen an EU warehouse with stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

fixxxer wrote: »
    A friend was going back to Hong Kong for a bit so I sent my broken screen Mi4 off with her to get it fixed on the cheap back home. While it was gone I got it a tempered glass protected and case to make sure it would be safe this time. 6 weeks after getting it back, it falls off the arm of the sofa (while wearing its case and cover). The screen protector is fine but the screen has a hairline crack going across from right to left 1/2 way across the screen. Touch screen is completely unresponsive.

SO

I see the price of the eLife E7 has been slashed all over the place. Has anyone seen an EU warehouse with stock?

http://www.coolicool.com/stock-in-europe-gionee-elife-e7-qualcomm-snapdragon-800-22ghz-quad-core-55-inch-fhd-screen-android-g-39026

Waiting for someone here that has bought one to give a quick review

think ill go with Jiayu S3, anyone recommend where to buy?

think ill go with Jiayu S3, anyone recommend where to buy?

I bought mine from Etotalk. Ordered on Sunday, delivered yesterday! - Bear in mind another poster ordered a week before me and still hasn't received confirmation it was dispatched. Maybe I got lucky?

Have to say I'm very impressed with it. Go with the 3g advanced model - pay the extra few €€ for it. Mine came with Play Store loaded on it. Was worried it was going to be mahooosive compared to the HTC One Mini I had, but its not overly big - and light for its size. I can use it one handed. It is a very responsive phone.
    The only gripe so far was that the mic volume seemed low on a call yesterday. Now that could be down to the person I spoke to being on a handsfree in a loud environment.
    I'll report back if this improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

GBX wrote: »
    I bought mine from Etotalk. Ordered on Sunday, delivered yesterday! - Bear in mind another poster ordered a week before me and still hasn't received confirmation it was dispatched. Maybe I got lucky?

Have to say I'm very impressed with it. Go with the 3g advanced model - pay the extra few €€ for it. Mine came with Play Store loaded on it. Was worried it was going to be mahooosive compared to the HTC One Mini I had, but its not overly big - and light for its size. I can use it one handed. It is a very responsive phone.
    The only gripe so far was that the mic volume seemed low on a call yesterday. Now that could be down to the person I spoke to being on a handsfree in a loud environment.
    I'll report back if this improves.
    Whats the camera like?

Whats the camera like?

Quite good. I was aprehensive about it based on reviews I'd read but its decent. I'll take some pics later and upload them for comparison.

• Advertisement

right lads one more question, anyone used:

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_180347.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Is that a referral link? it comes up a very strange URL when you click it.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

I ordered 1 of these lastnite from a UK seller should get it by Monday or Tues,Il put up a quick review when I get it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I just bought an Elephone P7000 yesterday, will give a little review when I get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Opinons?

Looking for something respectably quick, not too worried about fantastic camera quality, although I would like the future proof it with 4G if possible. (This is 3G only, but pretty cheap)

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_176729.html

Going by the last Landvo that was bought here, it was great for the first couple of weeks then it became a pretty ugly paperweight.

You get what you pay for, if you want a phone for a couple of months is probably grand. A year plus, it will not last.

manutd83 wrote: »
    I ordered 1 of these lastnite from a UK seller should get it by Monday or Tues,Il put up a quick review when I get it

Hey were did you find a UK seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

http://www.etotalk.com/umi-emax-gray_p8476.html

looks the shizzle
    originally looking at elephone p7000 but got tired of hoop jumping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

My Jiayu S3 had a trojan found on it earlier by Malwarebytes. Wireless updater was it's name. Scan yours and see. It could not be removed by Malwarebytes but good old titanium backup did the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

fixxxer wrote: »

SO

Coolicool have it for 187usd using code "NMCE7"
    http://newsletter.efox-shop.com/x/?S7Y1Mfifa2thZGn5v8jW0MDI0NTsf46toaGFmen.EltDAAA76&utm_source=st&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=st150529

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RockBadger

Hi just wondering if anyone has tried the UMI Hammer yet and does it do as it says on the tin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Btw anyone looking for a nearly new Elephone p3000s can have mine for 120 :)

Just got an email from Merimobiles, they have updated their european warehouse with new stock, nothing that stands out except Xiaomi and the oneplus one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Thread is approaching 10,000 posts..................the end is nigh !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just got an email from Merimobiles, they have updated their european warehouse with new stock, nothing that stands out except Xiaomi and the oneplus one.

€250 for a 64gb Mi3 in two days! Thanks unreal value, my second hand Mi3 16,GB was €250 all in :(

eamonnq wrote: »

We can be proud of this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Did you see by chance what page we're on??
    eamonnq wrote: »

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

padyjoe wrote: »
    Did you see by chance what page we're on??

:eek:

Page 250 ? :D

• Advertisement

Why do threads have to close after 10000 posts? I'm sure its asked every single time, but I don't get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement