Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

infini001 wrote: »
    She said she's got her DSP Card.

She should be grand, so. She'd have to provide all the other docs to establish her identity again, obviously (naturalisation cert, proof of name, proof of address, birth cert, marriage cert (if applicable), and whatever photo ID she can provide)

still nothing. i keep waiting for the door to ring. nervous

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brayshizzle

So, after about 35 minutes holding I got through to someone. Deirdre was really reassuring letting me know it would be done. She took my details and the application number and said a note had to be put on the system to get it sorted quickly. Remains to be seen if this is true or just a throw off but she seemed quite legit. Fingers, legs, arms and bollocks crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

So, after about 35 minutes holding I got through to someone. Deirdre was really reassuring letting me know it would be done. She took my details and the application number and said a note had to be put on the system to get it sorted quickly. Remains to be seen if this is true or just a throw off but she seemed quite legit. Fingers, legs, arms and bollocks crossed

Once you have spoken with someone there will be a note on that application so barring no issue with checking phase it should be fine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My issue date was today but nothing has been updated.

Sent it off on 26/9.

Will have to check tomorrow and see do they update their website.

Changed to being checked this morning on the 5th day after this 10 day turnaround!

• Advertisement

Got an email from someone else at the passport off. They must have emailed just while i was on the phone. They will move it forward.

Feeling relief....will feel better in my hands.
    Thanks for the help guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 infini001

thx @fxotoole

My passport is now marked as approved as of yesterday.

17 working days today I believe so I'd expect it Tuesday maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Delighted that something is finally happening!

Travel company needs it for online checking or something (:confused:) so I won't have it for long before it's gone again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Delighted that something is finally happening!

Travel company needs it for online checking or something (:confused:) so I won't have it for long before it's gone again!

I would suggest not giving it to anyone! They can take a copy if they need.

AGC wrote: »
    I would suggest not giving it to anyone! They can take a copy if they need.

That's what I said but apparently they need the original.

They promise to keep it very safe and all that but I still feel weary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

That's what I said but apparently they need the original.

They promise to keep it very safe and all that but I still feel weary.

They don't need the original unless you're applying for a visa which I don't think you are?

Tell them you need it to travel and give them a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭EDudder

A little worried here.

Tracking online has moved to 'being checked' as of today it seems (are they open on a Sunday?). Does anyone know the turnaround time from this stage?

"Application No. XXXXX. Received on 08/10/2014 and is being checked."

It has issue date of 21/10/14 though - is this the date they expect to send it?

I'm travelling early hours of Friday night/Saturday morning, and I'm aware it could take a day or two by post as we're in the north.

Should I ring in the morning? I filled out the online query thing during the week and they emailed to say they've noted my travel date on the application (but didn't mention time frames or if I should expect to get it on time or anything).

Sorry for the annoying (and probably often repeated) query.

They don't need the original unless you're applying for a visa which I don't think you are?

Tell them you need it to travel and give them a copy.

Yeah it's a holiday to Germany and I'm an Irish citizen so no Visa needed.

I emailed them asking and will update how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Thanks Fred!

No one answering this number, just a recorded message. Does anyone have a number for them that gets answered ?

TIA

Edit: apologies, quoted wrong post, the number was 01 6711633

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭EDudder

What number is the best to ring?

Passport is now marked as printed.

Maybe I'll finally get it on Wednesday!:pac:

Sorry for spamming up the thread so much lately.

My passport was finally marked as posted today so I'd expect it tomorrow.

I just have a question in regards to delivery, is a signature required or will they just pop it through the letter box like the normal post and what time should I expect it?

I ask because no one will be home tomorrow in the morning so I'm wondering if I should take the day off so hat I can be there for delivery.

Any opinions?

Cheers

• Advertisement

Oh really? That's great in my situation but is that not a bit unsafe?

So it comes through regular post then?

Cheers Fred, you've been a great help and so has everyone else throughout this! :)

Still sitting as registered and I am going in a week. If its not sent in the next two/three days I fear it wont get here in time.

Still sitting as registered and I am going in a week. If its not sent in the next two/three days I fear it wont get here in time.

London applications take 6 - 8 weeks. Even though you submitted proof of travel, the checker might not get to see it until this week or next.

Did you contact that email address I sent you?

Finally got it today!

Didn't have to sign but the post man said he couldn't (?) Leave it through the letterbox.

Came a while ago while the usual post comes at about 8:20am.

So in total, sent away on 25/9, received 22/10

nightmare.

so, i called up on wednesday as the site had not been updated. i had to drag the information out of them that there was something wrong. my application was rejected. this was due to not having another form of id....the passport was my only form as i dont drive and never been to uni.
    i was told before that if i get all the photos signed i should be fine. obviously not.

i went straight to the passport office who were able to get me the letter i was supposed to be sent and the stuff i had to get signed again. it was basically the same as i had done with the photos...jsut on their letterhead (dont see the point)
    so back to the passport office thursday, handed in the forms that were needed. i was assured by the women at the office it would be sent to kim ... who apparently is very gooda t getting these things done in time. i was given a date of the 28th or 29th but to email on Monday to follow up.

SO, all cutting it fine. What I dont know is why oh why ....on several occassions was the fact i had no ID made aware to me but the application wasnt rejected until wednesday.

Anyway, just want my passport or my partner will be very unhappy with the lack of honeymoon activities.

anyone know if the website is updated in real time or just twice a day?

so it was due to arrive today or tomorrow at the latest.

called up and was told someone would call me back.
    no one has.
    emailed the office and was told that it wont arrive until thursday at 12. which is the time i fly out. they have known this for nearly a month.

i have offered for a dhl courier to collect it and have to me by noon tomorrow but no one is reply to my emails.

i have been promised and told things and nothing is happening and getting very little information and at this rate will not be able to get my flight.

they havent even printed it according to the last email i got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 infini001

What a nightmare! you should've send them proof of your travel and opt to collect it in person rather than posting it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement